• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Off Topic

• Thread starter BadgerSmaker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Penti

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE !!!

Bloody hell !! First Sabros pokes his head in and now the infamous JL !!! How are ya fella? Long time no see? So are you coming back or what?

B

BadgerSmaker

Great to hear from you again, JL.

Could be interested in joining up with your guild, Neil... sounds good. SA is mostly reb so I get excluded from many factional benefits that other Imp guild receive.

Had to log a ticket for Todra on Infinity, seems there was 1 lot unaccounted for, GM fixed it up.

P

Penti

Dont see that being a big problem mate. I've put a post on our forums to ask the question (we're very democratic) but feel free to post a request/intro over there yourself.......

http://malicious-intent.proboards.com/index.cgi

Saw the Infinty issue in my inbox and assumed you'd been "busy". Glad its sorted though. Didnt they change the lot reqs on large houses at one point? Maybe it was left over from that?

B

BadgerSmaker

You had a WPto a Small Corellian house in your datapad, but there was nothing there... might have accounted for it.

Just checking out your guild site now mate. You're pretty organised with heroics if I remember? Still yet to get my 5th piece of Smuggler jewellery. :/

P

Penti

Dude, we can spank the arse out of all of them, and still enjoy them tbh. I've been working on my 2nd 5 piece set on smuggler, and have 2 different sets on spy already :)

B

BadgerSmaker

Sounds cool, I would certainly be all over that if it weren't for the fact that I have become addicted to crafting over on Infinity.

After the Free CTS went live I found a small group of players that were plannign to stay, I hooked up with them, moved my house to their little village and respec'd my cl90 BH to Structures to provide Harvesters and Housing.

Over time this small hamlet grew to a metropolis of active players, I deleted an old ent on my account and rolled out a second Trader, engineering this time.

It's really incredible, can't think of a better and more challenging place to be a trader, I have pretty much a monopoly on most items and my vendor has made me a few million without much effort.

It's not about accumulating credits though, everyone helps everyone else, I've given away about 50 Elite Harvesters to the community and they are all busy ripping resources out of the ground for our crafters.

The things you normally take for granted and walk up to a vendor and buy become a community effort and everyone comes together to provide whatever is needed.

Totally Hooked. Think I managed 10k GCW on my Smuggler last week after one PvP session, rank is slowly decaying, but time away from Infinity is becoming an annoyance. ;)

P

Penti

Wow, sounds like its almost back to "virgin" server? Any use for a BM? I could always convert one of my chars of grind one up? Would need people to build the processors etc though.......

B

BadgerSmaker

I've made a few incubators for people, the primary reason to make an Engineer was to get the decent components for them.

Not really made the rest but will do eventually. Certainly keeps me busy.

Hepren (my structures trader) has a few old pets in her datapad from being a CH, might be nice to re-engineer those, but I can certainly set about making anything you need.

We have a munitions trader and domestics trader as well so everything is covered.

J

JeanLuc

Hullo again!

No Penti, no real plans to return to SWG. Aside from not having the CDs anymore, I've been gone the better part of 2 (3?) years.

Heck, not even sure all my toons on Chimaera would still exist.

I do get the urge to jump in an X-Wing or a Jedi Star Fighter from time to time, although I suspect by now all the things I'd crafted as a shipwright have been nerfed to hell and back.

B

BadgerSmaker

All your characters will still be there mate, along with all your items.

Space is still the same at its core with a bunch of high level PvE content thrown in. The very next game update is tweaking some of the lesser used ship chassis to be more effective as well.

B

BadgerSmaker

My time spent playing SWG recently has gone right down, between work and preferring to spend time with the family poor old SWG is getting neglected. :)

Two weeks holiday soon so should be able to catch up a bit.

P

Penti

Been somewhat out of sorts recently, one way or another, but back now :)

Kinda fighting fit, but not really. Had more shoulder probs but they seem to be sorted now. Just gotta find time to play !!!

@ JL - The discs would be woefully out of date mate, but you can download the 14 day trial, re-sub your account and you should have all your toons there. Unless you played at all during the NGE they wont be CL90, but it doesnt take much to grind them up. The space game has had additional content, not a huge amount of it admittedly but still worth checking out. Big Space PvP scene as well on Chimaera too. Give it a whirl......

B

BadgerSmaker

Had a good play session on my Engineer on Infinity yesterday, what an embarrasing mess that profession is in.

No stats matter on droids, you can make them capped with junk resources.

Utter shambles.

E

Edaun

JL! How've ya been, bro?
I resubbed a month to move some toons off of WH and happened to log into Dalaak on Chimaera. The city is pretty much gone. I had to sell off some junk comps to pay for my abandoned structures and all..

I have not flown again, having moved my WH pilot to SS. I'll be returning to SWG this summer, can't wait after the last two -frustrating- years of WoW. I should have stayed put.

/salute
Dalaak (HardlyWorkin, etc.)

Badger / Penti - You guys still hanging around the server? I've seen lots of Imps about, but as I'm the surviving member of <Raven>, there's not many friends I have seen this month.

P

Penti

I'm still around although havent been able to play for 2-3 weeks :(

Badger has been kicking around on Infinity trying to get the community recovered.

B

BadgerSmaker

Hey Dalaak!

Nice to hear from you again.

I'm still around but as Penti says, usually on Infinity.

Babbleon is indeed gone, I should get the whole thing cleaned up at some point.

With a cap on the number of cities per planet I wanted an active town to be able to advance in rank rather than pad the citizen count to keep it as it was, which was my own private storage metropolis at one point.

Talk to you in game, send Praecor a tell any time and I'll get it on the character I'm logged in with.

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy guys!

Hows good old SWG these days?

Anyone from old INCAP gonna hit teh "real galaxies"?

B

BadgerSmaker

Howdy guys!

Hows good old SWG these days?

Anyone from old INCAP gonna hit teh "real galaxies"?
Hey dude. SWG is fine mate.

If you mean the EMU, nope... I've heard it's really buggy and has no content, it took five years to get SWG to fix those two issues in the live game and I don't see the point in travelling back in time five years for the 32 profession system that was completely unbalanced.

I'll just wait till SoE bring up a Pre-Cu server.

P

Penti

Greetings fellow sentients :)

I'm baaaaaaack !!

Hey Sawo, hows it going bud? I've kept track of the old swgemu project and whilst I've been quite impressed with the work they have done you couldnt pay me to play that game again !!!

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Peachy! I just miss good old Bio-Engineering. I have tempted to play SWG again, but this time I need to kill all old toons and start from... start! Last time it was boring to kill grey stuff for some...thing :p

P

Penti

Have to admit to having gone through a "bored" patch with SWG recently, however I was lucky this it kinda coincided with a period when I couldnt play anyway.

Came back last week to test the battlefields on TC, and BLINKIN FLIP loved em!!!

Gonna try and get on tonite to "Fight The Devs" on there :)

B

BadgerSmaker

Yeah I'm looking forward to that, tried out battlefields on my Smuggler last night.

Name is Honkety Splank on Test Center so maybe we can join forces, oh and shes reb.

You should try the Beast Master expertise, Sawo. You can engineer pets and mounts... I think you'd like that.

P

Penti

BM is pretty good tbh, but also bloody frustrating trying to get mutations.

I tried the BF's with the devs the other night and it totally sucked a$$ tbh. Massive problems with queue's, problems with groups, problems with ******** players. Got totally fed up after getting in just 2 bf's in 2 hours and went to bed.

B

BadgerSmaker

BM is pretty good tbh, but also bloody frustrating trying to get mutations.

I tried the BF's with the devs the other night and it totally sucked a$$ tbh. Massive problems with queue's, problems with groups, problems with ******** players. Got totally fed up after getting in just 2 bf's in 2 hours and went to bed.
This new patch should have a whole load of new *cough* problems *cough* fixes to sort all that out.

Worth another look at least I think.

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should try the Beast Master expertise, Sawo. You can engineer pets and mounts... I think you'd like that.
Im so close to install SWG, but I just re-open my LotRO account so im gonna play with my Warden sometime.

Is Chimaera still filled with empty houses and empty vendors, like it was about year ago when I played few weeks? Are there peeps enough or is there better populated servers around... or something :p

B

BadgerSmaker

Im so close to install SWG, but I just re-open my LotRO account so im gonna play with my Warden sometime.

Is Chimaera still filled with empty houses and empty vendors, like it was about year ago when I played few weeks? Are there peeps enough or is there better populated servers around... or something :p
Chimaera is one of the busiest servers, all the old houses where the person hadn't subbed for a year got purged and packed up into the owners datapad, we had to call bombers down on the structures to pack them up. :)

That cleared up a lot of space for active players to put down their houses and for active towns to advance.

Soon we can pack up houses within cities where the owner hasn't logged in for 90 days too.

P

Penti

This new patch should have a whole load of new *cough* problems *cough* fixes to sort all that out.

Worth another look at least I think.
Oh mate, I'm well up for these and I had previously tried them before the other night and had a real blast. Well it was fun until the hybrids took over and ruined the testing.

Love "Rumble in the Jungle" or whatever its called and the one with the single objective at the top of the hill. Datarunner sucks though......

Still looking forward to them going live and depending on what time I get home tonite, I may jump in to test centre :)

B

BadgerSmaker

I can't wait for this to go live, it even prompted me to do some PvP on live (I had decayed from General to Lieutenant) to blow the cobwebs off my live Smuggler in advance of the update.

B

BadgerSmaker

Awww...you got wtfpwnt by the BM community, who didnt take kindly to you trying to usurp their Senator.

EPIC FAIL
It's actually going very well, I am happy to see so many great ideas come from the BM community.

How are you doing? You're Horseshoecrab from the Official forums I assume? Welcome to the babble.

P

Penti

Been busy dude !!!!

Started a couple of new toons on Infinity to mess about with. Found weapons hard to find, so gonna make a Munitions Trader and just started a smuggly dude :)

Oh, you got any spare Elite Mineral Harvies, as there's some lovely stuff spawning at the moment and I have zero "resources" at the moment.

B

BadgerSmaker

Been busy dude !!!!

Started a couple of new toons on Infinity to mess about with. Found weapons hard to find, so gonna make a Munitions Trader and just started a smuggly dude :)

Oh, you got any spare Elite Mineral Harvies, as there's some lovely stuff spawning at the moment and I have zero "resources" at the moment.
Wow, awesome. Be sure to:

/chatr join Haven

and set up a chat tab for it, you'll find most of the server in that channel. Ewiana is our weaponsmith but the more the merrier!

I'll get some elites sorted for you this weekend, no problem.

Peelyposter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evening all. Good to see some of you are still around and enjoying SWG. As you can see, I've rather lost my old account, but I thought I'd pop in to say hello :)

B

BadgerSmaker

Evening all. Good to see some of you are still around and enjoying SWG. As you can see, I've rather lost my old account, but I thought I'd pop in to say hello :)
Hey dude, good to hear from you again.

SWG is doing free veteran trial at the moment, so you could log in your characters for free if you wanted.

Was checking out GU12 on TC yesterday, I crafted a Super Battle Droid and put a merchant barker module in it. :)

That let me choose a sentance for it to yell at it's victims, loads of fun. :D

Peelyposter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi. It's been so long since I played SWG I don't think I'd know where to start, even if I could find the game CDs or remember my login details :D

I've pretty much given up on online gaming, to be honest. Mainly because I've got a little baby now and don't really seem to have the time any more.

How are things going with you?

B

BadgerSmaker

Hi. It's been so long since I played SWG I don't think I'd know where to start, even if I could find the game CDs or remember my login details :D

I've pretty much given up on online gaming, to be honest. Mainly because I've got a little baby now and don't really seem to have the time any more.

How are things going with you?
Very good mate, my little girl is almost three now and she goes to sleep at around eight most nights which allows me more gaming time, I only play SWG when she is asleep, she's a lot more fun than a game. :D

You can download the trial client here, it works as a full client when you pop your account details in.

If you have forgotten your username you can have it emailed to you by clicking here.

But as you said, maybe wait till the little one is letting you sleep before getting back into gaming. ;)

P

Penti

Hey dude, good to hear from you again.

SWG is doing free veteran trial at the moment, so you could log in your characters for free if you wanted.

Was checking out GU12 on TC yesterday, I crafted a Super Battle Droid and put a merchant barker module in it. :)

That let me choose a sentance for it to yell at it's victims, loads of fun. :D
How do you get that to work? Is it a proximity thing? Have been gearing up a bit for GU12 as my main trader is a DE. Will prolly make a few custom droids for people in the guild and then sell a few SBD's and Guardian Droids for the cash.

** waves at Peely ** Hiya matey, long time no see !!

B

BadgerSmaker

Merchant Barkers have a high but random chance to bark when a player or NPC comes past them, so when they approach an MOb in combat it triggers the barker module.

Sawo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: New Year, New Babble Thread! [Off topic]

Wut!

*downloading*

Lets see how SWG looks today... im bored with every other games, I think I need to test that Beast Master thingie :p