• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can boats be used in Ter Mur?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For us seafaring folk this question is quite relevant.

Will there be oceans in the Gargoyle land? Will boats be useful (like in Tokuno) or are they forbidden (like in Ilshenar)? Will there be any sea content for us mariners?

S

Sweeney

Congratulations, this will probably be answered in today's FoF instead of current issues.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations, this will probably be answered in today's FoF instead of current issues.
Don't be so spiteful. Not everyone plays the game in the same manner as yourself.. nor do they have the same priorities. Be more accommodating of others or else you will grow up to become a grumpy old man.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For us seafaring folk this question is quite relevant.

Will there be oceans in the Gargoyle land? Will boats be useful (like in Tokuno) or are they forbidden (like in Ilshenar)? Will there be any sea content for us mariners?
Ahhh, let's see.

No, there are no oceans in Ter Mur, so I don't think we're going to make the rivers boat-able.

On the other hand, plenty of new fishing stuff in Ter Mur and the Abyss.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i thought we where still waiting for the decison to allow or disallow boats in ilshenar...

We do have a small pond there....

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to live on Gravewater Lake. I'd love it if we could sail there.

*begs Draconi*

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't really have to sign every post, we can tell who the poster is by looking to the left of the title of your post.
*gasps in astonishment*

Really?

How about this; if my signature bugs you, you can ignore it.

-Galen's player

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, forests and desert surround it.

Lovely location but all I could do is fish from shore and toss aquarium nets on it.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone ever get to that big beach area in Ilshenar that can only be reached by sea?

R

Rocklin

You don't really have to sign every post, we can tell who the poster is by looking to the left of the title of your post.
This is like telling Rico not to type ...la at the end or me not posting ~ Rock.

~ Rock

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*gasps in astonishment*

Really?

How about this; if my signature bugs you, you can ignore it.

-Galen's player
Is it even a signature? I don't think it is, sigs don't show up when i quote other peoples' posts. I think you take the time every post to write

"-Galen's player".

Anyways, I guess I should thank you for making it clear who wrote that post. These interweb things are so confusing, it's nice to have clarity.

-Best UO Player Ever

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh, let's see.

No, there are no oceans in Ter Mur, so I don't think we're going to make the rivers boat-able.

On the other hand, plenty of new fishing stuff in Ter Mur and the Abyss.

I'm excited about new fishing stuff!!! Can you give us a spoiler please?????? :danceb:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it even a signature? I don't think it is, sigs don't show up when i quote other peoples' posts. I think you take the time every post to write

"-Galen's player".

Anyways, I guess I should thank you for making it clear who wrote that post. These interweb things are so confusing, it's nice to have clarity.

-Best UO Player Ever
I am old enough to remember when "signature" meant, roughly, "sign your name at the bottom of a page," rather than some automated function of a message board server including what shard you play on and your love of "single target calling PvP." Good thing you specify that; most PvPers like to split their attacks and thus all die one-by-one to their enemies while inflicting only minor damage upon them. Oh also good thing you mention you practice "PvP 2.0," whatever that is. I suspect it's like "Web 2.0," a marketing name given to a set of practices that could easily have been engaged in with existing protocols and without coming up with a name stolen from thousands of other things.

Now, why haven't I ignored your signature the same way I told you to ignore mine? Well, I had, and was perfectly content to, until you elected to not ignore mine.

Why you made that bizarre decision I really can't reasonably guess. Pernaps you objected to this quite reasonable thread and elected to try to derail it because it wasn't specifically about PvP? You could easily have PMed me and had me tell you off there, or flat-out ignore you there, and none would have been any the wiser about your bizarre predilection to be offended by signatures, especially when (horrors!) they are typed out instead of automated.

-Galen's player

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put serious thought in to my insult please read every word of this.

Why are you picking on me? I didn't pick on you!

-Galen's player
My sig is for guild recruitment, and you'd be surprised how many unorganized guilds there are that don't call single targets.

But you don't PvP do you, so you wouldn't really know.

Either way, I can't figure out why you are so hostile. I corrected my error by thanking you for the clarity you provide to an otherwise hectic internet experience. People should mirror your devotion to clarity.

Also it says "Great Lakes PvP Guild 2.0" because 2.0 is the guild tag.

[This post was made by Lynk]

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sig is for guild recruitment, and you'd be surprised how many unorganized guilds there are that don't call single targets.

But you don't PvP do you, so you wouldn't really know.

Either way, I can't figure out why you are so hostile. I corrected my error by thanking you for the clarity you provide to an otherwise hectic internet experience. People should mirror your devotion to clarity.

Also it says "Great Lakes PvP Guild 2.0" because 2.0 is the guild tag.

[This post was made by Lynk]
W0Wz35 u pwN3d m3!!!

lol

-Galen's player

Z

Zodia

Well sorta on this topic I was wondering the following...

This whole "gargoyle flying" thing has me sorta puzzled.
I was taming a dragon on Fire Isle last night, and the dragon flew out over the ocean. Will gargoyle player's be able to fly over the ocean like this, or is flying just like being on a horse (a visual effect which only translates to faster speed, not really "flying")?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well sorta on this topic I was wondering the following...

This whole "gargoyle flying" thing has me sorta puzzled.
I was taming a dragon on Fire Isle last night, and the dragon flew out over the ocean. Will gargoyle player's be able to fly over the ocean like this, or is flying just like being on a horse (a visual effect which only translates to faster speed, not really "flying")?
My impression is that it's the latter. A faster speed and a visual effect that can be stopped with the dismount move. Basically they'll have a permanent ethy.

-Galen's player

EDIT: Also, flying will allow gargoyles exclusive access to certain areas on the new map. Whether this means "you have to be a gargoyle to get in" or "you have to be a gargoyle in flying mode to get in" in terms of game mechanics I don't think they've said. This could be an important distinction for, say, a guild war going on in the SA map. You could prevent a gargoyle's escape to the garg-only areas using dismount if the latter is correct.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look at the pics on the SA site there is a two crossing areas flight will be needed if out of tele range. Hard to tell distance on the KR art.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did anyone ever get to that big beach area in Ilshenar that can only be reached by sea?
Boats can not be used in Ilshenar. Period.
However, there is a gate in Ilshenar to get to the beach. I'll give you a clue, but because I love adventure, I'll make it fun.
Hint: Look for gargoyles.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the same on every shard is it?

Boats can not be used in Ilshenar. Period.
However, there is a gate in Ilshenar to get to the beach. I'll give you a clue, but because I love adventure, I'll make it fun.
Hint: Look for gargoyles.

A

Arch Magus

I am old enough to remember when "signature" meant, roughly, "sign your name at the bottom of a page," rather than some automated function of a message board server including what shard you play on and your love of "single target calling PvP." Good thing you specify that; most PvPers like to split their attacks and thus all die one-by-one to their enemies while inflicting only minor damage upon them. Oh also good thing you mention you practice "PvP 2.0," whatever that is. I suspect it's like "Web 2.0," a marketing name given to a set of practices that could easily have been engaged in with existing protocols and without coming up with a name stolen from thousands of other things.

Now, why haven't I ignored your signature the same way I told you to ignore mine? Well, I had, and was perfectly content to, until you elected to not ignore mine.

Why you made that bizarre decision I really can't reasonably guess. Pernaps you objected to this quite reasonable thread and elected to try to derail it because it wasn't specifically about PvP? You could easily have PMed me and had me tell you off there, or flat-out ignore you there, and none would have been any the wiser about your bizarre predilection to be offended by signatures, especially when (horrors!) they are typed out instead of automated.

-Galen's player
Ouch...putting Lynk in his place huh?

I'm glad I came to this thread, thanks. :thumbsup:

-Arch Magus, Legendary Mage

C

Connor_Graham

In the entire time Iv'e played UO, I've not so much as even stood on a boat, much less sailed anywhere.

A

Arch Magus

In the entire time Iv'e played UO, I've not so much as even stood on a boat, much less sailed anywhere.
Hehe.

You're not really missing much. :p

It can be quite hilarious, though. I myself have enjoyed the few trips I took.