• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Re-register?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is a totally different forum. So while you're username may still exist on the stratics forums, it doesn't exist here until you create it.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh....right. I now see where it says 'temporary stratics forums'.

G

Gallahan

Keep in mind these are temporary forums. We intend to recover the old forums and at that point you will be able to resume posting with your old account as usual.

For the time being, you'll need to re-register for these boards.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Gallahan,

It may be too early to ask this, but just to ask for drill.

In the future, is it possible that Stratics may make the move from UBB.Threads to vBulletin permanently? Possibly convert the old UBB data to vB after the data is recovered?

Personally, I believe switching to vB would be a great move. :)

G

Gallahan

That's something we're very much considering. In that case we might keep the shell of these forums but import the old user database and post database (creating a forum that looks like this but has all the posts and accounts the old one had).

Thoughts on this? How do you guys feel about these forums vs. UBB?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There are some formatting issues that I'd like to see changed, but other than that, whichever works best.

I'd like to be able to retain threaded mode, but have the thread list appear BELOW the opened post.

There are also several extra windows that clutter up the main screen (Tags being one, Posting rules being another).

Also, User CP isn't the most intuitive label to link to the Control Panel.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's something we're very much considering. In that case we might keep the shell of these forums but import the old user database and post database (creating a forum that looks like this but has all the posts and accounts the old one had).
That would be great. Looking forward to the completion of the recovery. And then see how things progress from there. :)

Thoughts on this? How do you guys feel about these forums vs. UBB?
Oh! vB all the way! :D I'm also on the YaBB Dev Team and a bit of a forum geek... vB would be a great solution here. +1 vote. ;)

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my beautiful post count! Why hast thou forsaken me?!

Just kidding. :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh my beautiful post count! Why hast thou forsaken me?!

Just kidding. :D
It's because you didn't say the magic words, properly....

:p