• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I made a video in SL

A

ajdown@jp

Wow! Long time no see! Welcome back!
Welcome back? I never left... just gave up posting :)

With the death of TSO, the only thing really left here was Off Topic and ... well.. that's a waste of space.

I'm splitting my time between working in SL, and playing WoW. Almost hit level 72 there.

I hope to create some more videos, once I figure out what subjects to cover. Hopefully the next one will be an advertisment for a 'business park' we're working on, offering fully managed "units" on an island at relatively low cost compared to a private island, if someone is just looking for a presence on a budget.

So how's things going round here? Anything I can help with?

K

Katheryne

So how's things going round here? Anything I can help with?
Got a tier-free 4096 with about a thousand prims you want to donate? :p

Actually, nothing much going on around here; though with SL's official forums behaving really badly these last few weeks, with no evidence of moderation going on over there, and the possibility that LL will be shutting down their forums in favor of a more blog-like system (think Yahoo Answers), I'm tempted to drop a bug in peoples' ears over there that this place exists...

D

debslee

Thats good thinking 99! Will have a mosey on over there and post a few hints :lick:

A

ajdown@jp

Got a tier-free 4096 with about a thousand prims you want to donate? :p

Actually, nothing much going on around here; though with SL's official forums behaving really badly these last few weeks, with no evidence of moderation going on over there, and the possibility that LL will be shutting down their forums in favor of a more blog-like system (think Yahoo Answers), I'm tempted to drop a bug in peoples' ears over there that this place exists...
No spare land, sorry. I don't own any land at present, have enough clients with islands needing work on to keep me more than busy without having to worry too much about building a home!

I don't like the new LL blog thing much either - very confusing. But I think it's part of the corporate culture over there, trying to add too much 'shiny' rather than actually make it useful and serve the customers. Unfortunately I think that, eventually, their emphasis on the corporate client and trying to get the "big names" into SL, to the detriment of your average Joe Player, will be their downfall - not technological issues. A broken network node can be replaced; a handful of very angry ex-customers can do a lot more damage that can never be undone.

We tried talking to LL about Stratics taking over responsibility for the forums a couple of years ago, right up to some very high level Lindens, and nothing ever came of it, there was just a total lack of interest. No harm in someone here trying again though I suppose.