• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy.. Yes factions are still broken...

E

Emil IsTemp

Big suprise? No not really.. To fix a problem, you first need to address a problem:

1.)

Why factions are broken in the first place, is people view them as an outlet to make gold, NOT to participate in enhanced PVP/town control.

Lets take Vesper for example:

Once the city is captured by whichever faction, the faction leader appoints a finance minister to place vendors and set prices (98% of the time, the faction leader, and finance minister are the same person) Now all of the reagent vendors are cleverly "hidden" around Vesper, most of the time on an out of reach island.. and that player stocks up on 2gp regs to throw in Luna for a 500% profit.

2.)

Same person, two accounts, two factions:

Basically a form of keeping the cities under control of the person(s) looking for cheap reagents.. and now it just got easier with:

"Multiple characters from the same account may join the same faction"

So yep, theres your faction fighter, thief, and craftsman all wrapped up in one account. Hmm, think ill use my other account, and see whos on in another faction, who has the sigs, and change the tithe rates for other factions if im the leader. So now they can go kill all day to get silver, and get 4 per kill.

3.)

That cute thief that steals the sig, sneaks away and captures it doesnt get a single point, peice of silver, not even an "IOU a working faction system" card.

But the person who drops traps everywhere gets 20 silver everytime an enemy steps on that trap.

4.)

Ok we can get to Magincia again, but now we can't get out because of the broken moongate.. Do we really have to teleport to Trinsic to use the moongate?

5.)

Seriously, address the problem of vendor roadblocks. For the most part, theyre rather annoying and ineffective since the only opposing faction people ive ran into are people looking for regs.

Any input/suggestions? (preferrably not from people who set up faction vendors for regs)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only thing keeping me from factions is the part not being able to be resed or healed by my friends when we are out hunting..

E

Emil IsTemp

Hmm.. *thinks*

Originally i think this system was intended to prevent non-faction participants from healing their faction buddies without having to worry about being targeted.

Solution:

Be able to heal faction members in Tram and Fel; BUT the healer will be flagged to opposing factions/faction monsters.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. *thinks*

Originally i think this system was intended to prevent non-faction participants from healing their faction buddies without having to worry about being targeted.

Solution:

Be able to heal faction members in Tram and Fel; BUT the healer will be flagged to opposing factions/faction monsters.

Originally, benefictial acts were only suspose to take place only while fighting a faction enemy and nowhere else... This is something that needs adressed, we have yet to hear from the devs on this issue.... It needs adressed, now..

E

Emil IsTemp

Was thinking too, how about some faction allied monsters/guards that spawn in faction strongholds?

Not an obscene amount or anything.. nothing like the nobles and guards and more nobles and more guards that get in the way at the TB stronghold.. right?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol you think this are the broken bugs? this are not bugs in my eyes, bugs of the faction system are:

- the cities are not refreshing when captured by another faction
- the crafting system is disabled or not working

and a few more i think.