• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trade-ins/Spring Cleaning Logic

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RavenWinterHawk

Well,
I find this funny and illogical. I know it stems from giving in sort to us players and our wishes that items have values high enough to get everything. IMO.

But...

I had like 100 cursed arties.

I turn in 20 and got like 100 (however the math works out) shirts figuring I could sell them for 150k each. Havent sold one. Thats fine. Life of a merchant.

But now I have 100 shirts. The berserker Bardiches got me 2 mice x 3 or 4.
Etc. etc.

I seem to be increasing the number of items I have vs. decreasing them.

What kind of spring cleaning is this?

I figure 1 cursed arty gets you 5 shirts. Many UO players suffer from PAKRATATISM.

One mouse statue is not enough. You need 10 or 20. They can sit with holiday snow.

You cant live with less then 10 pairs of night site earring.

What I find funny. Is that the swords and shields are worth 100. But they werent even in existance till the spring cleaning thing started. So the game isnt clearing out junk via cleaning... cause the shields and swords still spawn. That is they added loot drops that count as points. There is no net reduction in items.

Now you might say 100k for armour. 10 bardiches. They still spawn. And yeah the armour will take some chunks of items. But I havent traded for any. I dont like the boring white color.

And you might argue well you need to turn in 100 pieces of rubble to get a good amount of points and that reduces rubble. Well... NOW I HAVE 100 - 800 point tickets in my house waiting to see what the next round of turn-ins are. NO NET REDUCTION.

Just a random thought.

Next round of items needs to be extremely varied and you need some awesome mid range priced items to really decrease the amount of stuff in your house.

NEXT YEAR the spring cleaning will take this year spring cleaning prizes. Its a never ending cycle of PAKRATATISM.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess we're on the oposite side. I turned in over 700 Items and received 11, so quite a difference if you ask me. I have a full 6 piece suit, a pair of boots, a set of earrings, 2 shirts and Sherry the mouse. I have about 100k points left on the collection box for further items.

J

J0KING

I understand your concept of trading in items for yet again... more items. But in theory with the point system... your pile of non essential things should dwindle.

As a merchant's perspective... you should have used your points for higher end items that people who didnt collect alot wont be able to obtain... just a thought :)

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had tons of rubbles, nothing else, just rubble. I am trying to get Knight Armor. So far I only have one piece, and no other trade-in rewards to speak of. I am accepting shirts, earrings, boots, and whatever you got if you need to get rid of them.

J

jelinidas

turn in those 100 tix to free up the storeage. They will work for the pub 53 items.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only had about 250 odd items to turn in, reduced them down to 1 statue, 1 shirt taking up storage in my house and 4 sets of earrings that are worn on characters so take up no lock down space. The system works well if you aren't trying to profit from it.

K

Kurgan

I turned in about 1200 rubble items. Freed tons of room in my house's. I kept all the good rubble. Also tunred in tons of other old items. I am close to 600K for the turn in. I am waiting to see if they add more to it. I am hoping to complete the Knights armour set. We will have to wait and see.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

To put it simply, they can't win.

Things are either so rare that only a few get them, or more specifically like with the new war horse some people can't seem to get them. Or they drop in hundreds and as people have no self control hoarde them and complain when their out of storage.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had about 900 rat coins and turned them in for the knights armor, 2 shirts, earrings, boots and sherry the mouse so it helped me with my storage a lot.

J

J0KING

Finally had the opportunity to turn some things in... Have been having a great time turning in and watching the points climb closer to that set of Knight's Armor :)

Does anybody have the information of what the stats of the complete set is? I know what they initially said, but I could have swore I read somewhere that they changed it...

Thanks for any help!!!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When I started turning stuff in, I went from the bottom up. Using this method and NOT getting the useless items like the shirts, but merely a set of Knight's Armor, a pair of boots and a statue, I dropped about 1500 items in item count.

J

J0KING

Thanks for the help!!!

Definately better then what it first was!!!

H

Hanna

Your problem is that just about anyone can get the shirts themselves. Don't have a clue as to why you thought you could sell items for 150k each, when what you turned in didnt even come close to being worth a 150k each and you had much less of them.

"I wish to place a trash barrel" works great if you don't know what to do with those shirts.

A

Azureal

"I wish to place a trash barrel" works great if you don't know what to do with those shirts.
Platinum.

I hear what the OP is saying in regards to getting rid of x amount of items, but ending up with x amount of items in return doesnt solve any storage issues. But it also sounds like a case of "My grand money making scheme didnt work, woe is me!"

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know they are going to add items to the list, but are they going to withdraw items. We were at all accept the rat invasion and hardly looted anything. Just enough for a small display collection and helped others to do the same. Now we are trying like made to get the knights armour.

K

Kratos Aurion

I only got 1 of each shirt. I noticed a lot of people giving them away for free to people who couldn't afford them or had any points to donate.

Really they were a waste of point value on your part while the knights armour on the other hand, was selling for 10m per the first few days and still might be.