• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Ghost Coloured Oak Leaf Shroud.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I'm wondering how much a "ghost" coloured Embroided oak leaf shroud replica would go for; I posted this here because the colour was obtained during the slime event and thus you can no longer dye it this colour (so it's not just a normal replica), therefore it's rare. Also I believe that not many people have dyed it this colour (if any, since I found this myself), most have been caught up in the "forest green" ect and ignored the non-named ones. Little did they know that the best colour, was the least colourful.

Here are some screenshots:

And here's the mounted version:

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No clue as to the value. But I want one ;)

Iv'e seen one or two on Napa and several on Atlantic, so I'm guessing it may not be as rare as you think, but still pretty rare.

All that being said, I think I'd put a value of double the price of a Regular Oak Leaf Shroud. Just a guess for what that's worth ;)

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can 100% comfirm that these can be bleached and look like death shrouds as i have done it.
Imho, worth no more than a non-bleached one as bleach is easy to get through a quest.

J

Jasonleebeck

Why's that? It'a a rare. You can't obtain them anymore.
As per the first sticky at the top of this forum:
1) Permanent spawn items are not allowed for buy/sale on this forum. This includes, doom artifacts, fishing rares, ML artifacts, REPLICAS etc.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can 100% comfirm that these can be bleached and look like death shrouds as i have done it.
Imho, worth no more than a non-bleached one as bleach is easy to get through a quest.
Could you put up a picture of a bleached one?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that discussion of items that might have become rare due to some sort of process which no longer exists is fine.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
even slime dyed replicas? now that the slimes are gone is everything that got dyed by them considered "rare"?

I think if you couldnt use bleach on those i bet there was a slime color bleach...

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does not hurt to let the feelings out on the matter in this thread :p - It is just a discussion.

S

Smokey of LS

Honestly, the very first thought that came to my head when i seen that was hmm bleach... and i dont have any replica shrouds or have tried dyin any.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, I just looked at my bleached one and noticed that ur one is darker shade of grey, so i thnk it isnt bleached but a light shade of grey.
Also a bleached shroud has little bits of brown on the bottom of the sleeves and bottom of the shroud (only visible on paperdoll)
I still thnk u can get this hue by using the 1-shot pigments.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, I just looked at my bleached one and noticed that ur one is darker shade of grey, so i thnk it isnt bleached but a light shade of grey.
Also a bleached shroud has little bits of brown on the bottom of the sleeves and bottom of the shroud (only visible on paperdoll)
I still thnk u can get this hue by using the 1-shot pigments.
I tried several things and couldn't replicate this colour other than the slimes.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleach for the win!! unless u gonna compare with a magnifying glass 0.01 shades of grey....

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Actually one of the slimes WAS the bleach the rest of the colors except for the red blue green and tan are all tokono trade in dull colors, so the point really is moot.

N

Nh'bdy

Hrm, waiting until the day after an event ends then claiming the items will never be seen again because the event is over..that's a new marketing tactic.

L

Lord_British

I just want to see someone replicate this color. It does actually look like the same shade as the deathshroud from what I have seen. there's a lot of oak leafs out there. I'm sure someone will figure out if possible or not.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hrm, waiting until the day after an event ends then claiming the items will never be seen again because the event is over..that's a new marketing tactic.
Nah that's the oldest one in the book.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhm this colour isn´t rare.
Just dye your shroud with the tokuno major pigment faded coal (one of the 10use ones) and you get exactly that colour.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okies, here´s my screenie of my shroud.
I´m not really used to post screenies, so forgive me if something goes wrong ;)

Seems like the same colour to me, doesn´t it?

J

Jasonleebeck

Quite similar to me. Since the dye is obtainable......

It just irks me that first one thing is posted, then it's overruled simply because of the color. Honestly, I could get steal able doom arties dyed via slime, and post them here as 'rare', but there truly are loads of em. Look a bit in the home and castles forum, they're not exactly talking about them, but in their screen shots, you can see them. It'll just spam this forum and clog it with exactly what TB doesn't want and/or need in this forum, as well as it's contributors. Stick to your guns.:gun:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like the same colour to me, doesn´t it?
Nope, it isn't. Yours is a lot lighter with a tinge of blue in it, when you stand next to somebody with my colour robe you can easily tell the difference.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have one dyed from the slimes myself on napa, (death robe color), havnt tried bleach!.
i do know ya cant dye the 255/255 durability ones though

S

Smokey of LS

one, can they be dyed by dye tubs? and if so what about the original color of a dye tub, thats a grey color.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've compared it to bleach and tokuno and neither of them match up, in fact bleach fails miserably.

T

Turdnugget

Flutter, are you sure one slime was bleach? I used the grey one a number of times and it turned my stuff grey... not back to regular material color... unless I wasn't using the right slime =/

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Flutter, are you sure one slime was bleach? I used the grey one a number of times and it turned my stuff grey... not back to regular material color... unless I wasn't using the right slime =/
There was a post on the UHall about it. I wasn't much into dying stuff. That green struck my fancy... but the folks on Uhall were pretty excited about the bleach for some reason.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have ghost coloured armour and the shrouds. It wasn't a bleach.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said, not even close... especially when you stand next to someone wearing one of my ones.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a comparison. As you can see the Slime colour is by far and away the closest colour to the death robe, the Tokuno dye one has a tinge of blue in it and is not as grey as the slime, while the bleach one is way off.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is/was more than one shade of tokuno grey,
I wasn't aware of that (I've only seen the bluey one), but the other shades could be that colour. Anyway, I'm just saying I've yet to see any proof that anything can match the colour from the slimes. Even if there is a colour, it is still very rare.

Anyway, anybody know a price on these things, assuming you can't obtain them from tokuno dyes (in my mind it should be anywhere between 30-50m and it's destined to keep rising)?

R

RichDC

I wouldnt say these are rare...yet

I know on GL that pretty quickly there were hundreds of "ghost" shrouds as soon as one was seen MANY others arrived the following days.

Give it time until some people break them and then they may be a rare.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uo.com pub 57 notes said:
There are a total of 35 colors: 30 minor tokuno dyes, and 5 new hues.
The five new hues were forest green, dark blue, light tan, champagne red and light olive. As the color of the shroud is very clearly not one of those, if the patch notes were correct, that color can be duplicated via tokuno minor dyes.

On a side note, I went playing around in a bleached cloak with no armor on, and it didn't fool anybody. The color is just too white from bleach.

And finding minor tokuno dyes right now in game is pretty hard. At least for me (and I'm looking).

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know on GL that pretty quickly there were hundreds of "ghost" shrouds as soon as one was seen MANY others arrived the following days.
I bet most weren't the same colour as mine.

On a side note, I went playing around in a bleached cloak with no armor on, and it didn't fool anybody. The color is just too white from bleach.

And finding minor tokuno dyes right now in game is pretty hard. At least for me (and I'm looking).
I fool pretty much anybody if you do it right and they haven't seen the trick before. But your right about the dyes.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still turn in 10 Tokuno minors for a 10 charge major dye, maybe go on Test and compare the different shades of grey available?

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With gray shades abound, I doubt that yours will fetch any significant value on top of the base price.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With gray shades abound, I doubt that yours will fetch any significant value on top of the base price.
Well - It's a colour that can't be obtained anywhere else... it's like comparing coal plate to shadow iron (hypothetical :p). Collectors still want these things.

Also it looks the most like a ghost. By a fair margin.

*Edit* Anyway, I'll sell it for 30m on Atlantic because I need the cash now.

C

Chaosy

Given that the "ghost" color you're referring to was not one of the new slime colors, I would be inclined to believe the color can be replicated through other means.

Even if it wasn't, I'd have to agree with Tomas that the slight change in the tinge of gray can differ from monitor to monitor and will not result in it fetching a significantly higher-than-base value compared to other Oak Leaf Shroud replicas.

J

Jasonleebeck

I'm gonna go ahead and call bs on the images. After looking at them for a while, it seemed slightly odd to me that the OP's images are slightly off-hue to each other and, in different places. So I took pictures of the posted ones and zoomed in using Photoshop. Sure enough, The hues are different and placement of the shroud is different. Placement can be seen by following the neck lines down to the neck shroud opening and elsewhere on the char's right wrist. There also seems to be a strange 'smudge' between the eyes of the char (circled in red).

By all means, prove me wrong, but if only the cursor changed from the first two images, why and how did the shroud move and where did the smudge come from?

Edit: One more thing, and if this doesn't sell ya'll, take a look at the second picture by the OP and in particular, the character right foot....Where are the toes? Go ahead, take your own footware off. You have toes. Even when you're dead, toes are evident. Nice try, almost got us all.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would I go to that much effort?

Edit: One more thing, and if this doesn't sell ya'll, take a look at the second picture by the OP and in particular, the character right foot....Where are the toes? Go ahead, take your own footware off. You have toes. Even when you're dead, toes are evident. Nice try, almost got us all.
Take a look at both pictures. THERE ARE NO TOES... dun dun dun.

Sorry to disappoint you but I pretty much just hit print screen, pasted it into paint, saved it then uploaded it. No editing whatsoever. The shroud is the exact same colour in both pictures and the smudge is probably because of ****ty paint quality (also explains why the toes are missing). Come to Atlantic luna and I'll show you the shroud, you can screenshot it and compare it to the other colours if you want. Sorry to disappoint you but you just wasted a lot of time.

Heres an unedited/cropped/ect screenshot:

I think your just upset that my thread didn't get moved/locked.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im gonna have a stab at the price....

We talking 4 weeks into the new drops.....so 5-8m??...

The oak leaves are dropping like confetti!!!

Im gonna wait another 2-3 weeks then bag myself a couple for a mill, one for my stealth mage and one for keepsie!!