• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

template question....

jan333333

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am an old player coming back and i need some advice for my fishermans template
now he has: fishing=100
archery=86 ish => 110
tactics =87+
healing=84+
resist =102+
hiding=starting
item id?=starting
chivalry=74
anatomy=94+
thats alot of skills to many in fact:)
i was thinking to go for= fishing,archery,tactics,anatomy,chiv,hiding,focus
but i will have to lower resist,healing.....
any advice would be welcome i am trying to get to be able to solo green nets
also i had a macro for fishing back then,all i had to do while sailing was hit the macro button but i dont remember how i did that :) it was with uoa
thx in advance

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisherman is similar:

Fishing
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Chivalry
Resist

I can take a Kraken (from Buc's den) and anything else I have run into.

D

Destiny<3

Mine is similiar as well, but I added Bushido, it is a quite nice addition, and eventually I'll get it to bring a hiyru with me so I am going to try to solo a white net, probably wont be able to though :) I can take 3 krakens at once easily with enemy of one and bushido spells :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jan, there is no need for Item ID - that skill ceased to have a purpose 6 years ago with AoS.

Focus can be done without if you get a few pieces of mana regeneration armor, as divine fury (Chiv spell) will replenish your stamina.

You could probably go

Archery 110 (or higher)
Resist 110 (or higher)
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Fishing 100
Healing 100
Chivalry 80

Depending on the age of the account you will have up to 20 more points to spend, not counting points from equipment (though for weapon special moves you want to keep Archery & Tactics at least 90 real skill).

And besides skill jewelry, there are a number of items that could get many of your skills 110, if not 120, if you use the powerscrolls, that aren't all that expensive.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am an old player coming back and i need some advice for my fishermans template
now he has: fishing=100
archery=86 ish => 110
tactics =87+
healing=84+
resist =102+
hiding=starting
item id?=starting
chivalry=74
anatomy=94+
thats alot of skills to many in fact:)
i was thinking to go for= fishing,archery,tactics,anatomy,chiv,hiding,focus
but i will have to lower resist,healing.....
any advice would be welcome i am trying to get to be able to solo green nets
also i had a macro for fishing back then,all i had to do while sailing was hit the macro button but i dont remember how i did that :) it was with uoa
thx in advance

Fishing 100
archery 110 ( snake or serp slayer bow)
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 RS
100 chiv

Fast simple fisherman...can sleep through green nets solo. As far as your macro...you want to play with the targeting....target area...relative ( or something like that!)

jan333333

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx alot all for the reply's guys :)
that helped me take a decision:

archery:110
resist:110
anatomy:100
tactics:100
fishing:100
healing:100
chivalry:100

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fish 105 (goal 120)
Magery 80 (110) jewels
Med 110 (will lower to 105 as I train Fish 120)
Mystic 70 (100) jewels
Focus 100
Hide 100
Stealth 50 (88) Jewels & +10 cloak
Necro 40 (55) Book & Bloodwood Spirit
SS 40 (50) Bloodwood Spirit

Mystic/Focus gives me Offense spells, so no need to waste 100+ on Eval, while the Magery gives me Defense, Summons and Gate.

The Necro/SS allows me to summon a 2-legged packie Horde Minion, who automatically picks up any fish that drop on deck when I am overweight.

Generally I summon a Fire Elie to guard me, or if net casting, I bring my pet vollem (from crysta1) and summon an Earth Elie. Face it, a Fisher doesnt run into too much danger - you can alwas sail away if 3 gian squids spawn at same time:)

Suit is 70's (85 Phys for Protect) , LRC 108, + mana and HP. Just need to survive first attack then sic Summons.

Hide/stealth for Fel and dungeon journeys for Rare Fish...

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, my template is nothing like all yours:
Fencing: 110
Resist: 120
Focus: 120
Mysticism: 120
Magery: 115
Fishing: 105

I can fish any place, including the Kraken pond at Wind with success. My suit is imbued to max mana regen, mana increase, and resists.

When a couple of sea monsters appear at the first cast of my ten cast macro, I just let the macro complete before taking out the serpents. Krackens and other spawn in the dungeons are handled by my summoned colossus or elementals while I fish the location dry.

The fencing could be replaced by something else, but I keep it so when I get bored fishing in the abyss, I can take on some of the spawn for awhile.