• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Forum format question...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can the threaded mode be set up to put the box that has the thread links BELOW the post opened instead of above it?

Raina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can the threaded mode be set up to put the box that has the thread links BELOW the post opened instead of above it?
Not without heavy modification (I know I made the Threaded Mod for vB)
vBulletin doesn't really support threaded forum views in the way most people prefer it. All you really have is their version of threaded with the Box up top, or Hybrid which has the box and a flat style view of the whole post. No other options without a fair amount of modification.

~Rai

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bleh.

Already a mark against it in my book... but then I prefer the ORIGINAL pre-Stratics version of the UHall anyway and always have.

I guess I'll deal... at least Threaded exists even if it's in a non-efficient manner. Makes threads easier to read (at least until they get so unwieldy that they're a pain to read in ANY format).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do note that while that posts may default to newest-reply-first for some people, you can fix that in the User CP.

as for threaded viw, you're on your own. Too many people RTLFC to go by threads, so I just view threads via pages of the replies.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do note that while that posts may default to newest-reply-first for some people, you can fix that in the User CP.

as for threaded viw, you're on your own. Too many people RTLFC to go by threads, so I just view threads via pages of the replies.
Question: On the old boards I was able to set the number of posts in a 'page' to 99. Is there a way to do that with this software?

Thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Currently, I think the highest you can set it for is 40, but yes, there is a way to alter then number of posts per page. I had mine at 99 on the old boards. I always thought it funny of people talking about the number of "pages" in a post, with them not realizing that it was variable. (I.E. "There's over 20 pages!!!!" as the latest post in a thread, while I'm reading that post on page 5, with my settings)