• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your shard... Shout out!

C

CatLord

(Drachs)
We'll have a Boat Race today Mags!

Lets see...

I started UO in September 97. Created a few characters here and there...

Then Catskills was made public and I started to play there since day one. I thought that if I wanted a fair chance and equity I would rather start in a brand new shard.

I saw most of it... events, History, guilds, RP and PvP...
Looking back, I'm on Catskills because I made it my home, found my Circle of Friends, helped creating one of the best UO Tutorials, personal guidance and backup 24/7 and last... I think I know most of the population, from young ones to old veterans... and that is a blast.

S

Sebrina

Well, I'm in there with Lord Gareth and Queen Zen. That is what Chesapeake is all about, (The People.) The communities like Paxlair, Pax Oku, Gyldenfeld, Silvervale, Moonglow... I love 'em all.

"Rah, Rah, Sis Boom Bah!!!" Chesapeake!!!

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seen you there last night at the PaxLair meeting, in your bright whites. :) I was gonna wave but my Hughes of Gray was comically trying to bid on a savage lass. She put him in his place, threatening him with death. hehe

I seldom get to play in the evenings anymore, and the last time I got to play in the evening...well I had to pick kelmo's pub on Siege to attend or some thing on Chesapeake. I chose kelmo's pub.

Last night I finally got on again in the evening, and I had to choose again...Storynight in the Shire or PaxLair meeting...it has been ages since any of them even seen me as any of my chrs. unless they play daytime, so I did Chesapeake last eve. :)

IT IS SOMETIMES DIFFICULT to be duo sharded esp. if ya get limited evening playtime any more and do more daytime playing daily. :)

I have a Hughes of Gray on both shards...ie hues of gray dead man walkin'

but the Siege Hughes of Gray, is more of a silent male, than the Chesapeake version of Hughes Of Gray...but neither seem to be able to get a word in edgewise with Miranda /Siege and Queen Zen/ Chesapeake. Poor chaps. LOL

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I play on the Legends shard, my original reason for joining the shard is pretty simple. B4 my girlfriend and I got together I was a heavy EverQuest addict lol, then when I got with her she got me into playing UO. So the reason I chose Legends is cause that's the shard she was playing when she got me into it lol.

But all in all Legends is a well rounded shard of Generosity, Friendship, Love, Compassion, Loyalty, and Respect. Legends has done many many things for it's fellow man and that's pretty much what legends is about. Here are a few of the things that makes legends worth playing:

At one time when Sosaria Live was still on the air (For those that don't know who that is, if you know what Whispering Rose Radio is then it's pretty much the same thing) they teamed up with GamersCharity owned and operated by CrazyJoe at the time to do a charity event turning collecting and turning UO Gold into RL cash to be donated to the Hurricane Katrina relief fund. My GF and I are the owners of one of the most well known auction houses on legends and we didn't do our normal auction, instead of requesting submissions, we requested Donation lots. I know we personally raised over 60 Mil with our auction that 100% of that went to the charity and legends was able to raise the most gold out of every shard that was involved. Which included the more populated shards of Greatlakes, Atlantic, Sonoma, and many other shards. We were proud of ourselves that day that we were able to answer the call and compete with the more populated shards.

Luc has stated many members of Legends helped provide the funds to get Darlene's (Lady Phoenix of Legends) son to her when she was in the hospital preparing for her journey to the heavens :(. A feat that wouldn't have been accomplished if it weren't for the level of compassion and love that we have for eachother on our shard.

At one point there was a gentalmen that in game went by the name of "Runes To Go" who owned an operated one of the best Rune Libraries on legends. He was struck with some RL hardship and was forced to quit the game and sell his stuff to try to come up with the funds to have to move. Legends once again stood up to the task, he came to Timeless Treasures (Our auction house) and let us know what was going on and requested that we assist him in selling off all his items. We did so and were able to raise upwards of 200 Mil in gold for him to sell off to assist him with his RL delima. People knew it was to help a friend and we saw a simple snow flake sell for 1 Mil o_O.

The people of legends have no problem assisting one another in game or out cause we all see eachother as an extended family. During times of my own hardship we've had our friends of legends offer to assist us with keeping our accounts up and everything else. Time we weren't able to be in game we've had friends that have spend their time collecting extras of an limited time available items to make sure we got some when we had the money to return and many other things like that.

There's a reason we're called the "Legends" of UO :)

D

Duke X. Winter

Pacific is my home.

That being said, I have established characters on Pacific, Origin, Lake Austin, and others. I've owned housing on all these shards, and even ran a couple guilds on them too.

I play Pacific because that's my home. Although a lot of my friends no longer play it's where my heart and my stuff is. I couldn't force myself to leave something I have spent so much time and attention on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Europa.

Because we do stupid stuff like this...

Out of idle curiosity how many bolts of cloth does something like that take?????

(and on a side note... interesting.... never known anyone to run with the toolbar on the side before... I'm forever fascinated by how other folk set up their screens... )