• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your opinion - which do you like better...

Which do you like better

• The shadow stone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm using the mobile app so can't see the poll but the natural one looks way nicer imo

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What Petra said :)
I'm so glad the views seem unanimous. I originally did it in plain granite, but found that when you stood on the 2nd floor it was just so much grey to look at, and everything blurred together. I decided to try shadow, the contrast with the yellow flowers was very appealing, but after about 10 pieces were placed I found it was too much contrast. I put it back to plain...then while doing the west side with grey I was having second thoughts - again -way too much grey, so tried shadow again. No wonder design and decorating takes me so long. :tinhat:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
what about Dull Copper or another color?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about Dull Copper or another color?
Well the stupid part about all this is that I'm probably going to take both those structures down - trying to integrate them into the whole castle is still proving problematic regardless of the colour. Might just move it to the back of the third floor and do something different for the east and west towers.

frontSoFar.png

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah. I keep testing different things then tearing it all down. Having similar issues with too much muddle in the walls. I have started to use different colored floor tiles which seems to give some of the contrast I am looking for, but I took it all down again to the original design I posted in my thread.

I have to go mining again so will be a bit before I make drastic changes again.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to go mining again so will be a bit before I make drastic changes again.
I took the lazy approach and shard hopped over to Atlantic to do some shopping. A vendor over there sells 10K of granite for 6 million gold. Well worth the savings in aggravation even though I'm almost certainly supporting a script miner (they literally restock the commodity deeds within a day whenever I've purchased them). Worst part is while I was working I took the granite out of a container (dont' ask me why) and forgot to put it back. Lost 6K of granite so had to pop back over to Atlantic to buy more. If cross shard shopping isn't an option for you personally you can always ask someone who has shields - I'll help if I can but I only have a few shields. Depending on your vision 10K should be just enough for most designs.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I enjoy the mining... it is therapeutic for me, kinda calms my OCD-ness as well. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I keep thinking of what I want to do and then I just get annoyed because I can't stand "gaps" in the design... And the thought of trying to raise things from the ground all the way up just turns me off.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep thinking of what I want to do and then I just get annoyed because I can't stand "gaps" in the design... And the thought of trying to raise things from the ground all the way up just turns me off.
It is a ridiculous amount of work - and yes, you have to work around the gaps. Pretty much 90% of my game time since the release of this expansion has been spent on castle design and unfortunately what I can picture in my mind and how it ends up actually looking are often quite different .