• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your not the boss of me!

L

Little Sadie

I had the worse CFO today and had to share. I went in with a group that looked pretty good. At first there were four on my side. No sooner did we put up our fog and sound did this little rodent throw some marbles out on a level 12. He announced that he needed to work trap to get to the next level. At that moment the toon to my right just disappeared. Lucky girl must have discoed or knew what she was in store for. So that left 3 of us. I informed him that the CFO is not the place to work gags but to do it in buildings. It went back and forth with me and the other toon telling him not to work gags and him continuing to throw rakes and marbles at level 11s. It got to the point where the dog and I didn't even lure any cogs and just took them out instead taking hits along the way. Finally the mouse told me I wasn't the boss of him and that he was reporting me. I just thought that was so funny. Anyway, the dog and I ended up sounding away all the cogs leaving nothing but his low level trap gags in the dust.

Later I had my big toon parked outside of the bullion and that same Loony mouse whispered to Sadie to help him get cogs. I asked if he was going to sound and he said he was going to work trap and for me to bring plenty of lure! This was to be in the bullion. He had no idea that I was also Mr T. so I made sure to inform him of such. I really wish there was some rule book that tells toons that working gags in places other then buildings is not allowed unless with friends or willing randoms. That, or maybe TT will allow pink slips to be used on fellow toons.

G

Granjell

Sounds like a spoiled brat is loose in Toontown! It would certainly be nice to have a "timeout" button to send annoying toons back to the playground for a minute. Unfortunately, anything we'd get to use on him would be abused right back at us. Unless there would be a way to only issue it to proven adults....

S

Sarcatstic

Maybe my way is not the best but from what you said why didn't the two of you just heal each other for a couple of rounds? Usually around 40 laff they decide to go along with the program.

I've seen toons glitch in the vp many times and when asked to quit that they laugh. But if my two toons happen to be on the same side, they seem to change their mind and stay in one spot.

I guess if you think teaching a lesson is being mean then don't try this in either places, Many players are kids and i think about that to decide which action to take. But i think a player skilled enough to glitch or go their own way working gags in boss battles know right from wrong.

Plus if you run with the BIG CATS watch where you step they are not house broken:lick:

S

Squeaker

Forgot the other strategy at our disposal... which is throwing another trap. Even a tnt still only costs a bean.

F

Fangs McWolf

Unfortunately, anything we'd get to use on him would be abused right back at us. Unless there would be a way to only issue it to proven adults....
The drawback to the adult idea is already mentioned in your quote.

As for them saying, "You're not the boss of me", it's like, "True, but you're not our boss either." with "We're not helping you to gag train, period." Any further debates can be settled with "We don't have to choose the gags you want." and "We're going to report you when we're done." :D

Maybe my way is not the best but from what you said why didn't the two of you just heal each other for a couple of rounds? Usually around 40 laff they decide to go along with the program.
Good strategy to use and one that I believe firmly in. By doing low level gag training in a boss battle, they are putting the team at risk. If lure works and you are able to take out a cog or two at a time, that works. But if it works and then a cog is awake to cause damage, then you have to spend time with toon up (eventually) and if lure doesn't work again, that cog will continue to do more damage until it is killed off. Lure has been missing entirely too much as it is to be playing Russian Roulette with it.

I remember one time, long ago, in CFO, there was this one dog that kept using sound despite how much the rest of us would say no. Wasn't with any friends that run either. Another player and I, without saying anything, had the same idea - don't toon that player up. I tooned him (the other player) and he tooned me, with a :), to say "We're thinking the same thing." They insisted on sound again and that was the last problem we had with them. Everything went smooth from that point on.

Forgot the other strategy at our disposal... which is throwing another trap. Even a tnt still only costs a bean.
True enough. Toss out quicksand. When they get upset, tell them to either play for the team or leave. Once the cogs are lured, they can't use trap until there is an unlured cog available. Easy enough to use a few quicksands to waste their traps until they run out or give up.

C

Crazy Fireball

Was I with you this CFO?? I think I was, anyway.... People sshouldnt train Gags in a Boss its irrataring, I understand some people are kids but they need to get with the program

G

Granjell

You know, after my last couple cfo's, I'm beginning to think that a new generation of toons is moving up through. Even with Robber Barons as most of the load, they have still been REALLY TOUGH, either with an unending cog round or doofusses who can't crane or stomp but are super good at gathering treasures.

Makes me wish for more of our nice peaceful Sunday Run type cfos.... Guess I gotta make the Tuesday CFO marathon more of a priority or Lawnchanee will never max cash.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

You know, after my last couple cfo's, I'm beginning to think that a new generation of toons is moving up through. Even with Robber Barons as most of the load, they have still been REALLY TOUGH, either with an unending cog round or doofusses who can't crane or stomp but are super good at gathering treasures.
Be especially wary of any toon, Robber Baron or not, that continually brags throughout the cog round about how totally awesome they are on the crane (then watch them give the cfo a helmet....over and over and over and over)!!rolleyes:

L

Little Sadie

I'm wary of anyone that asks to use the crane while we are still in the elevator. I tell them first come first serve. And no Sean, you weren't in this CFO. This was one of many bad ones this week though. LOL!

F

Fangs McWolf

I'm wary of anyone that asks to use the crane while we are still in the elevator. I tell them first come first serve. And no Sean, you weren't in this CFO. This was one of many bad ones this week though. LOL!
Be wary of any toon that says "im on mi dads toon pleze dnt tell hem" and then that toon hops onto the crane like "tis is fun" and starts throwing safes.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Be wary of any toon that says "im on mi dads toon pleze dnt tell hem" and then that toon hops onto the crane like "tis is fun" and starts throwing safes.
Or even worse, doing it WITH permission!! LOL:mf_prop:

S

SSniffleslam

Finally the mouse told me I wasn't the boss of him and that he was reporting me.
I just LOVE those report-happy toons who get mad because you don't go along with whatever goofy idea they have. I got told I was going to be reported for "crane stealing" by some goober who kept throwing safes on his head. I normally wouldn't "steal" a crane, but this kid was horrible, and was making the battle rather difficult. I told him, "Fine, report me! I didn't see your name on the crane, but go right ahead." Stuff like that makes me wonder if the in-game Moderators have any hair left...I know I wouldn't.

Z

ZippyW

I think that I would have completely ignored the little traps and the toon, working around them like they weren't standing there, including tooning up. You can't hardly get in trouble for just playing the game and not responding. They will either go along or go sad, and if they aren't helping the group anyway, what does it matter? It is not mean to teach a smaller toon a lesson. If you tell them what the general rule is, and they CHOOSE to ignore it, then you are free to ignore THEM. Tell them that if a cog is left red, they can use their little trap, but otherwise, wait and do that somewhere else. Too bad their "plan" is not what the rest of the group uses.

L

Little Sadie

I think that I would have completely ignored the little traps and the toon, working around them like they weren't standing there, including tooning up. You can't hardly get in trouble for just playing the game and not responding. They will either go along or go sad, and if they aren't helping the group anyway, what does it matter? It is not mean to teach a smaller toon a lesson. If you tell them what the general rule is, and they CHOOSE to ignore it, then you are free to ignore THEM. Tell them that if a cog is left red, they can use their little trap, but otherwise, wait and do that somewhere else. Too bad their "plan" is not what the rest of the group uses.
We ended up ignoring him and sounding the cogs away as best we could. That's when he called me mean and said he was reporting me. I tried telling him I wasn't trying to be mean and explained that since there was only 3 of us on that side, and I was on my 71 laffer, that is wasn't a good idea to use marbles on a level 12. Every time I did try to lure so we could toon each other he would pull out those marbles. Drove us crazy. I am surprised I didn't go sad in that round. I would have loved to have not tuned him but the dog with us didn't seem to want to do that so I wasn't going to push it.

After playing TT for two years I am surprised at finding more and more toons lately that train gags in battles, mints, and such. They seem to think it is ok even when told it isn't. Yesterday there was a toon in the CFO that wantes to get his geiser back so insisted on using squirt as soon as the first set of cogs came out. I actually got down to five laff once and one laff after that. I was really living on the edge in the CFO.

F

Fangs McWolf

Yesterday there was a toon in the CFO that wantes to get his geiser back so insisted on using squirt as soon as the first set of cogs came out. I actually got down to five laff once and one laff after that. I was really living on the edge in the CFO.
I think it's okay to work gags in a boss run provided that others are okay with it and it fits into the game plan. I needed to work throw the other day and those I was with made it possible. I admit when I saw an opportunity I would try to put it in there but otherwise was ready to sound away. But like I said, the others made it part of the game play and I ended up using all of my throw gags (except the mighty cupcake). It was fun and took about the same amount of time as it normally takes.

As for that little one, if that'd been me, I would have try tossing the weenie gags on the weenie cogs. Get the gag points, take out a cog and would more or less fit into the game play all at once. When the weenie cogs are gone, that's when to use the big gags (multiple sound for example). That way you get more bang for your bean when your sound takes out a big guy instead of a low level cog. :)

A

Animal_Control

I would have try tossing the weenie gags on the weenie cogs...That way you get more bang for your bean...
All this talk of weenies and beans is, frankly, making me ill.:danceb:

The "Ueber" Cupcake is very underrated, as well as the marbles. :D

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you had bigger laff i would have said pass to the other toon. i tried that won time but this other toon would not go with the program. I should have only toonup the toon. I dont mind people working gags but it dangerous to do that when there lvl 12 cogs. I even asked a toon to not toon him up but they dont listen.

In reality If I could do a Bullion with too toons 112 and 84 laff I would do it.

F

Fangs McWolf

In reality If I could do a Bullion with too toons 112 and 84 laff I would do it.
You could do a bullion with 2 toons that are 70 laff each. Would be exciting actually, especially when dealing with all skelecogs and the gags miss during the first round. You'd be living on the edge then (as far as the bullion is concerned).

S

Sarcatstic

if you had bigger laff i would have said pass to the other toon. i tried that won time but this other toon would not go with the program. I should have only toonup the toon. I dont mind people working gags but it dangerous to do that when there lvl 12 cogs. I even asked a toon to not toon him up but they dont listen.

If you do try a bullion with just two, engage one and let it lure. Then join with the second toon to either heal if lure failed as lure is tryed again, or just start killing the cogs.

I do this running two toons taking small toons thru the diff hqs. But I don't want them to join me until the first two get them lured.

(
Of course your 112 if it has lure would be my choice to go first.

When working mints this way or any other area that has sets of cogs. The first cog you touch or hit will always go right and be the easier kill with the bonus. This is not as easy as it once was but if you are careful you can put a ten to the right most of the time. Or a eleven if that is your choice?(I like the 11 right if the toons im using have planted throw). All this may have been discussed already many times but i like to remind myself.

I've mentioned mint shopping before and that is just going in and watching to see what the floor number is. If its not a good floor for what you are doing just tp out and go back in to see your next choice. For your first mint with two i would look for floors 2,8, or 20 these floors are the 36 cog floors. Floor 20 is sweet with alot of gags in the middle and the end.

And in ending if you really want to try a bullion with two? I'll take a couple toons with you and just trail along, if things start going wrong I can join you then.

(The first weekend of black cats I had sarcatstic in a boss 3 course at 18 laff. One of my big toons and a friends big toon made the run. It was the only way to get a boss cog for a task with all the bloodsucker invasions that first weekend. The minus 20laff on the moles had me worried more than the cogs, since we lured ahead of the 18laff joining us. Since hes never been green he must have made it.....LOL)