• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Your first day of TSO/EA-Land.

• Thread starter oXTheSicknessXo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

oXTheSicknessXo

This thread is about discussing peoples first encounters with TSO or EA-Land

Here's my story :]

It was someday of April 2003. I was on my hour lunch break from school and I was really hyped up that hour. I was so excited to get my hands on that green TSO box that I loved. Rotating the heads and reading the quotes behind the flip cover. My dad dropped me off at Future Shop (canadian best buy type story) and I RAN for it. I bought it, Then we went for some lunch. As we sat down at the table I was anxiously reading the manual. I obviously had no time to install it as the hour was up. I was counting down the hours left of school to go home and install this awesome game on my computer. 3:00 arrived. My dad picked me up from school and off to home I was. Took a while to install from the discs but I was pretty content reading the slides during the installation. Of course, I couldn't play it JUST yet. I had to wait for my mom to come home and let me use her credit card hehe. So i was stuck there anxiously looking at the lil TSO icon on my desktop. Yes, I had no life back then. 5 o'clock finally arrived. I quickly grabbed the card from my mom (kissed her on the cheek for appreciation of course) and inserted my personal information on the ea website. DONE!...At least.. I thought so? Oh those damn updates.. Took a while. Back then we didn't have much of high speed for our computer
Took about another hour to install those updates. During that hour my mom wanted to go to Sears so I figured "What the hell.. Waste some time while it's updating." At the end? Well.. TSO finally finished updating. and boy did I have fun playing. I didn't know how to input my chat though.. Thank god I landed on this property. There was this woman sim on the lot. Just me and her. And shockingly! She told me how to chat. I was how "How the hell did she know I didn't know how to type into the game?" haha.

Great times back then.. Wish I could go back and enjoy them again. But I am right now. EA-Land has replaced TSO and I am really liking the improvements

So, enough of me. Lets here your story