• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You think you know a person!

S

SSniffleslam

Well, this week has been kinda crazy. My daughter's music teacher was arrested Tuesday evening for molesting three kids at her school. I couldn't believe it. I know it's a cliche, but I DID always think he was an alright guy. He's been teaching in the area for over 10 years, and he's been at my daughter's school for four years. He even gave my truck a jump once when my battery died in the school parking lot. His wife, yes, he's married, is even the lower elementary principal!

This is just something I never expected...and yesterday when I go to pick up the girls from school, there are news crews parked across the street and reporters going from parent to parent asking questions. (Since it's such a small town, this is big news...) One parent got a little irate and told a reporter he was going to shove her camera somewhere if she didn't get out of his face.

Luckily nothing ever happened to Savanna, but I've had to have some talks with her that I wasn't really prepared for yet.

You think you know something about a person, and then WHAM! you get smacked in the face and realize you never knew anything. I think the WHOLE WORLD has gone crazy. Actually, it has been for a while, but I've been in the land of Denial.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my goodness.. That's just horrible. I feel terrible for his wife.

I remember something similar happened when I was a kid at church camp. I remember how scared I felt, walking around seeing cops and all the adults acting sad and not answering any of our questions. I feel bad for the kids too.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It always seems to be the people you would least expect. Wow, that's horrible!

G

Granjell

Oh My! The world is going crazier all the time! Hope Savannah is doing okay with all this...

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Sorry to hear that. I guess this kind of crap is everywhere. No area is free from delusional idiots.

S

Stubby

My best friends family are devout Catholics and are active in their church. Well, I know must of heard about the Bishop who was molesting boys for years, that church is across the street from where I grew up, I lived there almost 20 years. That was in South Florida, Palm Beach Gardens to be exact. She and her family were devastated. This guy performed the marriage ceremony for my best friend and her brother long before this came to light.

I hope that this doesn't effect Savannah. I will put her on my prayer list.

S

SSniffleslam

Well, we've had a couple of talks about it, and she understands what has happened, but neither one of us can understand WHY? - Luckily, she wasn't a victim, the count is up to 7 now, but I feel so bad for those other kids. It's one of those things that you can never make sense of.

E

Electroflap

I am glad to hear that it didnt happen to savannah.. but on the good side of this conversation I am also glad that this man was caught.. some do this for their whole life and never get caught so this shall keep the numbers low.. also when something like this hits the public some shallow people may make up stories to accuse the same man but it didnt actually happen to them... so remember.. the numbers can be wrong.. this is a very difficult situation and I am sorry that you and savannah are feeling in the middle of the commotion.. I hope the public eye takes a rest soon and lets you and savannah resume your lives without strain.. I will keep you both in my thoughts...

S

Sheriff Tricky

I hate hearing about this kind of stuff because I am a teacher. It always worries me that a student who does not like me for some reason would just accuse me of something like this.