• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You last visited: 07-26-2005 at 11:54 AM

L

LanDarr

So what's been going on while I was away...

Re-activated the old account and ofcourse lots is gone, houses, rares and such. But my legendary tamer still has 2 mares and a frost wyrm... Though from what I am reading, not as uber as they used to be.

RL friend who got me into this game AGES ago started up again on Lake Austin and wanted me to join him there... Found a couple of spots for Keeps and TONS of large tower spots.... Whats the housing like on ole Chessy?

I see the board sill has the old motto :)

T

Tancred RedStar

Quite a few ppl still around from back then. Stratics had it's bi-annual crash but was offline for several weeks instead of just a few days this time and lotsa people started using UOForums.com as their com channel. There's still spawn guilds around, but not the same ones. No one goes to Britain anymore really, the banksitters have adopted Luna. A lot of the community types hang out in Haven, no so elbow to elbow there, plus there's always new players to give advice or assistance. It may be hard to believe, but UO is even more item-centric now than 2005. In it's most recent incarnation, this forum is more pvp talk and smacktalk really than much else. No one really ranting on randomly at length about inconsequential topics anymore(for better or worse).

L

LanDarr

Thanks Tancred... I recognize a few names from the old days like yours and Queen Zen.

I wonder how long I can go ignoring all the changes and just play the way I used to. Part of the reason I left was all the itemization. I thought the power scrolls went far enough, but all the stats on rings, bracelets, armor, weapons and such....

I mainly craft for fun, and go dungeon crawling.... Back in the day I had the house right outside Destard and would go solo kiting dragons with my archer or just own the spawn with the tamer... How badly have the dungeons changed?

Thanks

T

Tancred RedStar

The old dungeons are pretty much the same, so theyre essentially pretty much empty. :)

The new(for you) Peerless dungeons can be a challenge, but that just means bring along two tamers with greater dragons and it's likely no biggie.

If you like collecting high end commodity items for resale, then the Peerless dungeons are pretty popular as are the new SA dungeons since everyone is working up Imbuing which requires item drops from both.

Getting a char with Stealing and working spawns in Tokuno while also stealing the commodity items can be profitable. You also stand a chance to get Scrolls of Transcendence which instantly raise your skills when used, essentially skillgain scrolls, up to 1.0 at a time if you get them in Fel, max of .5 elsewhere.

L

LanDarr

Nice, thanks for the info....

Guess I need to go find out what/where Peerless dungeons are... heh there are those GD referenced again, I gotta study up to see if I have what it takes to tame/control one

In your opinion is a Mage/Tamer/ProvoBard still viable? Guess I should post that to the tamer forum

T

Tancred RedStar

Strangely enough, compared to 2005, tamers are desired in pvp now.

In addition to Stratics, be sure to check out UOGuide.com as an excellent reference of UO info in wiki format.

Bards can still provo stuff, but of course not the top-end stuff.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello :)

Well now lessee we have wing flappin gargoyle citizens now, and stuff I see that is new but most of my chrs. can not make em cuz I have not yet been sucked into buying $30.00 of SA per accts. yet. :)

Sometimes when I see some of these new citizeney gargoyles though I can not help but think of my parrots when they squak :

I just flew in from Delucia and boy are my wings tired.

LOL

I play here I play on Siege where, well all fel ruleset 'no insurance' kinda more reminds me more of the OLD UO days. I do have crafters there, and unless someone is pking me:) they may keep me alive to make em stuffs they need and pay me well in gp, like the old days when ya just approached players instead of mega rich malls for ye wares, but I am still remain.. PRE SA that is. :) Although I am caught up on ALL expansions but this latest one. I think I bought every expansion etc. they ever made but Third Dawn. ..and SA so far.
My homes on Chesapeake are in Zento the Tokono lands, cuz well I like cherry blossom trees. :) But I still sometimes miss my old Minoc shoreline home and my Moonglow homes...very old school places. On Siege my homes are on Ocllo NO HAVEN there and not too far from the skara gardens where Dark Wisps kill people. :) They love to hide out and wait till I gate home to try to fry me. :)

I may get SA on one acct. but...still debating it atm.