• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

You know you are not in Trammel anymore when.....

G

So there I was nonchalantly standing around the Yew gate doing a little shoping when lo and behold up pops a red tag "MR SLY", and just like that it disappears again. Not really giving it a second thought i continue on with my shopping when suddenly out of nowhere i hear this voice say "watch out SLY is a THIEF" Well that gets me moving along. As i unload my bounty from shoping into my brand new house i notice that the shifty MR SLY pilfered from my pack
Well done MR SLY and I sincerely thank you for the valuable lesson learned. Hopefully the next time you see me I will be a more difficult mark >:)

G

Nah some savage paint and a + 13 necro bracelet. I laughed about it for several minutes after ariving home.

G

Nope you got it fair and square and taught me a valuable lesson
Just remember that when you go lot loot my cold dead pixels to leave a little something for me

G

Don't you believe him!

He tells you he'll give it back, then tells you he can't find it.

Then months later tells you he's still got it, and you can't have it

S'what he did with my mining gloves!

(fact that I now have 5 pairs and don't actually want them back anymore is irrelevant of course)

*disclaimer: anyone who takes this post seriously needs to go find a sense of humour*

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

*disclaimer: anyone who takes this post seriously needs to go find a sense of humour*

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that a new Doom arty or something? ltb sense of humour, 100k.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't you believe him!

He tells you he'll give it back, then tells you he can't find it.

Then months later tells you he's still got it, and you can't have it

S'what he did with my mining gloves!

(fact that I now have 5 pairs and don't actually want them back anymore is irrelevant of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, that may explain why he was sitting in his house whispering "my preeeeeecioooooousssssss" over and over to a pair of gloves.

-Skylark

P.S. see Petra's disclaimer above

G

All the while he is slowly spreading the savage paint over himself !!! My precious, its mine, mine, mine....

G

Guess ye learned now to not nonchalantly stand around anywheres upon Siege anymore.

Be some mightily delft pack pilferers exist upon Siege..btw where is this Trammel ye speak of ? I know Sosaria hath two moons; one is always waxing when one is waning whatevers and one moon is called felucca and one is called trammel but alas tis only one moon here..oft a full feluccan moon here, with wolves always hungrily a howling.

Ye lucky the mysterious hidden voice that warned ye... did not opt to display ye fine corpsey, upon the ground there, even before the thieving one got to ye.

G

AYE indeed I once had a terrible nightmare that I was in the land of trammel where everyone was dressed so finely in their best insured armor and arties with no worries of ever losing it. A land where no pvp occured and Fellucia was empty. Then Mr SLY kicked me in the head and woke me up and I found myself in Siege and realized that standing around anywhere is bad for my tiny little bank account and my feebile little life

G

Well ye may yet see this mysterious frightening *trammel* again yet here even one day, ye will see it aye as ye check out someone's attire and weps, and they will look like rainbow hued carebears shouting magical words at ye to kill thee, but as ye die and are gazing upon some of them ye see their attire and weaponries.............blessed, blazen rainbow neon hued artied to the max, blessed vet robes, blessed one item bless, blessed AOS aprons and sandals........yesssssssssss you will surely think ye in some peculiar carebear land in a walking dying Siegeified trammelish nightmare, like some relapse of ye mind, of them, &amp; of some trammel moon plague oft twinkies flying and arising ...even HERE ! BEWARE !!

*shakes head in dismay*

C

Calibretto

Glad to have him back. It's nice to have to stay on your toes.

G

Indeed, However at least I am having fun again in UO. Siege has brought me back to the game that I love. I played on LA for a long time and never joined a guild or did PvP. I played mostly alone and allways PVM. I was a Disco Tamer and could pretty much solo everthing in game and I was very bored. Now I am learning again that UO in its best form (Siege) has many different templates to chose from. I started here as a Sammy, a temp I have never played before, and decided a few days ago, after getting some advoce on PvP, to change to a Necro Fencer with Poison, never played that temp before either. Siege has been challenging, unlike the prodo shards with their advance char temps and buying skills from vendors, I have had to work every skill from zero. While I am not excited about RoT, I can remember taking almost a year to GM Smithy my first char in UO. I dont think Siege is dying, I think it is just resetting and adjusting. One thing I can get used to and that I find Funny is that Siege is the only place I have seen that Tamers actually PvP ( or PvM haowever you want to look at it) I laugh everytime I read a thread about it

G

*laughs at a memory*

I had this close friend a male, whom was a tamer chick on Chesapeake, he *as she tamer* got pk'd in felucca and when he told me this I shook my head and said something like..........

So ye were ON ye nightmare, with your max skilled up WW and someone killed YOU wtf............ ?? Did ya not think to say...fluffy all kill in felucca there ?

he said um no got so shook up I was being attacked I lost my mare AND my WW.

I laughed said.....I can tell ye were born post trammel post AOS ........... tamers for better or worse DO have a pet or two esp if skilled up pet ya spent hours training but if YOU forget........they can help yu .........ye toast there sire..all shook up one losing two fine pets to ONE pk in felucca Chessie.. *well it made me laugh for hours still does*

They say least they did back in the day...best DEFENCE is a cool head nothing else ya have going for ya even scrolled out skills gonna help ya fight back IF ya opt to fight back if ya loose ye cool.............that IS the best skill or weapon anyone possesses ! Some forget that !

G

I mostly play/played crafters here.. they kill me I just wave and say HI... and think whoa took all 5 of ya to kill a *mongbat off* that does not even bother to fight back... go yu,*insert pks pvpers ganks here* ye win uo on Siege.

G

ROFL I remember prior to AOS being a miner/smith. I had what I liked to call GM Runner Skills. I have never really been good at PvP but now I want to learn. Thats why I am on Siege. I know I will die an untold number of time and have to farm leather for a long time to pay for all of the equipment I lose (while I work my crafter up) but I am willing to do so.

G

Aye it is fun IF one has the connection/skills for the UO of nowadays.

*mine connection is slow hense it sucks* I play crafters here.

I used to pvp when EVERYONE was on slower connections and enjoyed it but that was also pre AOS and in the old school back in the day UO too. I think I just shut out the %%%% percentages of items aos %%% reading math to arm self, to pick what to wear what to fight with what dorky rings bracelets etc etc. and it all turned me off *still does* and slower connection speed too.

I just opted to hangin up pvping with age of stuffs..more like been there done it attitude, dont have to prove nothing to others nor myself even, about pvping anyhow for me maybe cuz been in UO too long before there ever was a trammel or aos etc.

But for myself making a pure crafter was something I NEVER could get guts enough to DO. I never made one on Chesapeake back in the day. I was too scared to be defenseless, crafter templates were not something I was going to be saddled with in old uo.. so I never made anything but warriors and mages or combos of em *tank mages* as called back then for some templates.

I had all of those assorted pvpin templates back then was in Order CoM factions etc, but never had the guts to make a *defenseless crafter* ie all craft skills only with.. no fight skills on the chrs. at all.. till.............I came here. And I have enjoyed finally playing full, crafters ..here !

*go figure*

G

Ahhh the good ole days, when everyone palyed with a 28800 dialup con. I remember it well.

G

I have to say Sly is one of my top three favorite ppl not only in KoC but in game as well, but I wont say which of the top three, but he's up there, just glad he's not stealing out of my pack anymore!