• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"You can't work this strange and unusual wood"

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh really now...well I bet I can. I can use any type wood to make bows from the simple bow to faery fire and anything in between...but I can't make the logs into boards...still. Please Dev's,let the lumberjacking skill translate to the ability to make the logs into boards.

G

gmcbroom

Uh dude... you can now so long as you have the lumberjacking skill you can convert any wood type ie Frost, Bloodwood, Heartwood, Yew,Ash, or Oak into regular boards. you no longer need the Carpentry skill to do that.

K

Kensai Tsunami

earlier tonight i was searching for my option to make logs into boards and it was gone!
hadnt noticed it cuz i havent chopped any wood in months. used the axe i was using to chop wood on the logs and bingo, boards. it was actually easier after i got over bein pissed that they changed it with no notice that i have seen.
not sure if this is what you were after Hunter's Moon, but i hope it helps.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh dude... you can now so long as you have the lumberjacking skill you can convert any wood type ie Frost, Bloodwood, Heartwood, Yew,Ash, or Oak into regular boards. you no longer need the Carpentry skill to do that.
It seems that when I logged off and logged back on the problem was solved...a glitch maybe? ....dude....

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh really now...well I bet I can. I can use any type wood to make bows from the simple bow to faery fire and anything in between...but I can't make the logs into boards...still. Please Dev's,let the lumberjacking skill translate to the ability to make the logs into boards.
Have a look at uoguide.com/wood this will tell you at what skill level you make boards from the various woods. and what mods each wood is good for. Yeah, yeah, I know you should be able to make boards from any wood at any skill level, boards are boards right, but, Bunky, It isn't set up that way. BTW the carpentry skill level to make boards from heartwood is 100 carpentry and frostwood is 95 this is bass ackward in the article's table.

B

Beer_Cayse

Did you read the Pub 58 Update on UO.com - or here, which also links to the UO.com update? <shakes head> Didn't think so ... go to the bottom, there are 2 sets of charts.