• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yikes! EALand Crashed My Computer!

T

TKSpeedy1

I tried to load the game just now and suddenly, I was on a black screen with a blinking cursor...I hit the reset button on the computer and it takes me to the computer setup (BIOS, chipset and stuff like that) that you can go to when your computer boots up. This is the second time this has happened. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Yup. <raises hand> EAL graced me with a wonderful little occurrence the other day, which cost me a trip to the local computer repair shop. My computer went black (only when EAL was running) and then took me to the BIOS screen. Then, it gave me some \hal\.dll error or something of the sort. Needless to say, my computer wouldn't go to the desktop for the life of it. I'm hoping this won't happen with my laptop (which I have to resort to use, now) too.

G

So since you're posting I'm guessing it fixed now? Mine goes into the BSOD and or black screen when I've got a hard drive about to go out, so that would be my first guess, or maybe a failing memory stick or video card. If it keeps doing it you might take it somewhere to have a computer 'geek' look at it if you're not tech-savy yourself.....might be a little pricey but not as bad as messing something up yourself and ending up having to replace more and spend more in the end.....the lesser of two evils, so to speak

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

Yup. &lt;raises hand&gt; EAL graced me with a wonderful little occurrence the other day, which cost me a trip to the local computer repair shop. My computer went black (only when EAL was running) and then took me to the BIOS screen. Then, it gave me some \hal\.dll error or something of the sort. Needless to say, my computer wouldn't go to the desktop for the life of it. I'm hoping this won't happen with my laptop (which I have to resort to use, now) too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Phoenix...Sorry it happened to you but glad I'm not alone. When it takes me to the BIOS screen, I just go to Exit Without Saving and then everything loads ok. No .dll error message here so far. And it only happens when I'm running EaLand, too. Which is why I'm wondering if it's a problem with EaLand.

Thanks for replying.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

So since you're posting I'm guessing it fixed now? Mine goes into the BSOD and or black screen when I've got a hard drive about to go out, so that would be my first guess, or maybe a failing memory stick or video card. If it keeps doing it you might take it somewhere to have a computer 'geek' look at it if you're not tech-savy yourself.....might be a little pricey but not as bad as messing something up yourself and ending up having to replace more and spend more in the end.....the lesser of two evils, so to speak

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just had to exit without saving any changes and the computer booted up. And bite your tongue about the hard drive! This HD isn't even a year old. My dad did try to put a new video card in for me the other day that didn't work, so he put the original back in. It only happens when I run EaLand, so i'm not THAT worried...YET. Mom and her boyfriend just bought a new CPU today, so maybe I'll con them into buying one for me, too.

G

Since it's happened to both of you I'd suggest posting the details in the tech forum, but that forum doesn't allow for 'discussion' which is probably why the mods haven't moved this one. I've seen some weird glitches in TC3, but mostly graphic type stuff.

Like today some random sim decided to try to hot kiss my sim right as she landed.....only my husband was running her, so since she already had 10 points in body hubby had my sim piledrive the would-be kisser and said 'no means no [censored]' LMAO. The glitch part was that when she piledrove him, the graphics were the same but their bodies were a few inches apart, so that it looked like he just levitated upside down on his head, though you could still see my sim doing the piledrive gestures too.....it was quite funny, wish I'd gotten a screenie but I haven't figured out how to do that quite yet.