• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yew Citizens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The next Yew city Governors meeting is scheduled on
Sat. Oct 5th @ 8pm est

We Look Forward to your attendance.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think you guys should really try to just get along with the Yew Militia and only have the one meeting. Two seperate meetings for one city to try and accomplish the same bloody thing because people don't want to try to get along is just frustrating.

Last edited:

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't alway hold a meeting, but tuesdays we try to do something in or around the town.
If there is something going on then might be a town meeting at 9:15. If no one show up or nothing going on, might do something else or just a small patrol of the area.
The governor's meeting is a good chance to meet him and work with ideas for his projects of the town and such, town meeting is a good way to lay them out.
Hell, would be nice to see something going on everyday the week.

Will be no town meeting this week due to the archery contest. So the goveror's meeting will be the only meeting of the week in yew.

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I agree 100%,
We tried attending the aforementioned meeting day, following the election. It was made quite clear that it was a milita meeting that was being chaired by the former governor, and that the current governor or its council had no influence there, the attending supporters were quite rude and it was clear that a new meeting date and time had to be made. The Yew Militia meeting and the Governors meeting are 2 entirely subjects.
Miltia meetings are about the defence of the city borders and its security. The governors meeting is about how to spread prosperity and stablity through the land.

Out of respect for a long term commitment that was previously established and to keep unruly citizens
from constantly berating the current governor, as well as giving him a platform and chair that is his own, in order to freely voice and listen to concerns reguarding the welfare and prosperity of the City of Yew, the governor and its council has taken its first steps toward city unity by declaring a regularly scheduled meeting time and place,( that has been verified by a previous reply as being non consistant )
that is open for ALL citizens to attend and freely discuss legitimate concerns, and or plans for further city development.

Its time to close these lingering old wounds and accusations that constantly plague the current Yew administraion and move forward.

On a lighter note the Yew council in the past 2 weeks has put to use this new found unity.
A citizen election was announced and held, and we are happy to announce to all who didnt know, that Faeryl
for the past week or so has been elected to the office of Mayor of Yew
Congratulations!

Again, The next Yew city Governors meeting is scheduled for Sat. Oct 5th @8pm est.
The location for now, until the need for a larger forum is necessary, should in my opinion be held
at the counselors guild.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Lord Arcanis
Lt. Gov
Duke of Yew
Chief Emissary Knight's of the Valorian Order

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, the counselors guild is the best location in my opinion as well, it has a lot of history, and is a central location.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
""It was made quite clear that it was a milita meeting that was being chaired by the former governor, and that the current governor or its council had no influence there,""

You know i sat there waiting for one of you to come forward, as was others, they was interested in seeing what all your going to bring to the meeting/council. No one wanted to really speak. The people who was acting up, never attended a meeting before but you get those at times and you move on, but do you expect from people how the elections was ran????????
The one VK member that came up with the tithing anke idea for the abbey was the only one that really had anything to say in that meeting.

Also there hasn't been a militia meeting in awhile, the tuesday thing was the town council meeting, which a mayor was supposed to run. I run them due to no mayor currently. I do agree a governor meeting as I said before bi weekely or weekly, whatever whomever they choose.

Now back to ur post, I am not bashing or anything, but I don't know what type of influance your looking for?? A title is just a title, you still have to earn the respect of the people really get things done , or u sit back with whatever guild a governor is in and do thier own thing.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few things irking me right now...

The first is that you guys attended ONE meeting and then made the decision to hold your own. With how close that election was, of course some feathers are going to be ruffled, but if you want to be an effective Governor, you need to do as SunWolf stated and move past it.

Second, I'll explain my frustration regarding two meetings. It seems like no one is really communicating anything to one another, so you're essentially forcing people to attend two seperate meetings just to know what's going on in our city. I can't speak for any of the other citizens, but personally, I like knowing what's going on regarding events and storylines. Why though should I have to spend two nights tied up in these meetings when everything could effectively be covered in one? Also, the Emerald Trading Company is quite active, and I thoroughly dislike having to pass up the opportunity to join in because people simply aren't trying to get along.

Thirdly, I think was how the Mayoral election was done. It would have been FAR more effective to use the ballot box provided at the stone for the citizens to use, not one in your castle that anyone can use. And adding to that, there was NO mention of this election on the bulletin board or anywhere else for that matter. For those citizens that don't have you on ICQ, how were they to know this election was even going on, let alone that the ballot box to vote was in your castle?

Also, Yew's monthly archery contest was last last night Captn, and I see you didn't attend. As Governor, is it not important to know of events and encourage attendance? I get that there's new Halloween content to play with and that sometime real life can get in the way of things, but if you want to earn the respect of your citizens, you need to try and make an effort, and I simply didn't see it from you last night.

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"but do you expect from people how the elections was ran???????? " #1 Man i tell ya what bugs me is this constant jab of the election being somehow compromised by us. What is it exactly that you think we did? i'll tell you what ticked me off. the entire might of LLTS showing up to vote for ya fine no problem. Governor Tazar of Moonglow sitting at the stone for 2-3 days constantly gating in an army. ya problem. Talk about the intregrity of election process and city influences what is that? But anyway, In response to that, all i did that entire week was run around the world ASKING for votes & explaining how the system works what it was and got many many ppl to declare Yew and vote. Some of the ppl had no clue about the whole process,and the goal was to gather supporters and then get more interest & attendance at the dismal meeting turnouts. 5 or less ppl attending meetings to me is heartbreaking. Attendance is still low but its picking up a bit, its a non stop job. #2 "I am not bashing or anything, but I don't know what type of influance your looking for?? " Understands concerns- But im not looking for any influence? over the past few years i had already befriended 3 of the curent sitting governors, those that know Norrington and myself know we arent out to cause malicious havoc. Im just doing my part to try help the Governor and the city of Yew to become more active, & constantly dodging and defending every action isnt helping. Sunwolf please try to attend the Saturday meeting if possible, our goal is to move past all this drama and get to work for the city. Im still working on gathering ppl to attend and show interest. ......................................... Faeryl UO Atlantic News Reporter "Second, I'll explain my frustration regarding two meetings. It seems like no one is really communicating anything to one another, so you're essentially forcing people to attend two seperate meetings just to know what's going on in our city. I can't speak for any of the other citizens, but personally, I like knowing what's going on regarding events and storylines. Why though should I have to spend two nights tied up in these meetings when everything could effectively be covered in one? Also, the Emerald Trading Company is quite active, and I thoroughly dislike having to pass up the opportunity to join in because people simply aren't trying to get along." Faeryl, *Respectfully* I agree 100% we need to move past this & that there has been a lack of communication, all of the constant drama has taken its toll and has caused confusion. Its what we have been working on trying to avoid. But we have been constantly getting placed back on the defensive. Again respectfully, i must have to add that, this confusion about the multiple meetings in order to find out whats going on ... The current Governor has sloted the Yew City meeting at its time, i apologize if this is different than what ppl are used to. I also see no problem in showing up on another night to briefly go over meeting bullets for those who are unable to attend the regularly scheduled meeting. I mean every other city Governor calls for its town meeting and its sloted by them. Yew will be no differnent. Lets pls stop all the drama and work together.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two meeting really don't bother me, people will make them if they can. I had plans sat but no money so I might stay home and attend the meeting. As for the elections, people saw what happened in the end, even if no one asked or brought the people here, it is up to you to correct thier belief's, in my opinion. Also only a handful of LLTS came and voted for me, and those was the people who i befriended from the last election. They might of asked their friends, but the whole point of this is to build a community and Yew always has had that and they was always apart of it off and on over the years but they still do thier own thing aswell. Tazar was doing his accounts and his guild and friends, the same as you all did with the people from the other shards. Votes are votes, the end of it is what got people annoyed over the entire procress I think. I never really asked them to be honest but that is just my guess.

"I mean every other city Governor calls for its town meeting and its sloted by them. " No other governor has has a working town system in thier town when they was elected. It is about working together, and I have been talking with Norrington off and on on icq. But as I told him, it is your job now to goto the people and get them to come, i isn't my job or the people's job to goto you. It takes alot of time and pestering to get things to work right. Yew is a scattered place and it is hard to find people at times, but you can meet them at the abbey once in awhile.

I have been and will be willing to work with u all, and never said anything negitive. BUT to be honest LIKE everyone else, I am trying to find out who you are..
No one here knows you, a few friends that do know you all has said good tings, not great but good things about you.
I only know Norrington through EVIL which is a top notch person who I meet from the first elections aswell.

Anyway that sums it all up. Not asking to hold hands, but it takes time to get to know a group or person. But I have been and will always be here for the Town of Yew.

Meetings also, as i said about work, at times I log in and there will be no one there, so I do my own thing an then try again next week. That is the game of uo and u have to always remind people or they won't care or won't remember or just be busy with other things.
Hell I don't even remember about em events or other gov meetings, my mind is on what I do and am responcable for.

Jolicia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Completely OOC comment here from the player of a character that lives IN Yew:

One person is voted Governor of a city - not the entire guild that they may or may not be affiliated with. It is then their job to respond to folks and take on the duties of being elected. No offense intended Arcanis, but I see a lot of "I" in your latest post and I'd rather see Norrington's responses since he was the one elected as Governor.

Beyond that - If the respect of the characters that are in Yew is wanted, then that's going to have to be done in game. Make the attempt to actually play your character, be IN Yew. My character can't stand Solus' character but as a player I can respect his attempt at what he's trying to do. Just as I can respect the work and attempts by last terms players to jump in this newer arena of thinking about character, city, and citizens. Now once you do that, realize that in character there may still be some that don't like your character in game. So, let's all put on our big boy and big girl panties and realize that is the character not player (disclaimer: most of the time). And if you can't leave it in game and in character than I would suggest rethinking running for a position that takes this kind of interaction.

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I agree votes are votes.

Ok awesome, looking forward to seeing eveyone there. :)

Yes, and i do apoligize for all the ..i's..
The council had advised Norrington not to get involved with some of the topics.

*waits for the meeting*

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, and i do apoligize for all the ..i's..
The council had advised Norrington not to get involved with some of the topics.
Simply by being Governor, Captn needs to get involved with ALL topics. We're not trying to attack you or put you guys on the defensive, but you've hardly done anything to reach out to the citizens thusfar. You've had a couple meetings, sure. Meetings that you barely advertised at all. And as I recall Captn telling me, the last one had no one attend.

How about instead of just saying when the meeting is scheduled, you elaborate a little. Do you have any ideas you plan on covering in this meeting? Any event ideas? Possible plans to improve attendance? Are you planning on taking ideas and working with the citizens? Do you plan on working with the former Governor to expand on ideas proposed last term? You don't need to go into detail here, but give us something to expect and look forward to discussing.

Also, there is a bulletin board at the Abbey for a reason. USE IT! Not everyone who plays reads Stratics. Again, you guys NEED to reach out to us. Don't expect us to come to you simply because you have a title.

Lastly, I lost the Governor election to you. Expect me to be critical of your every move. PROVE to me that you deserved to win and can do a better job than the other candidates.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A couple things, #1 It is on purpose that Arcanis talks here instead of me, we all saw what happened when I tried to get involved on election night, we were trying to avoid that happening on Stratics, I read all the things written.

#2 the mayor election was put at the castle to make sure only people who attended the meeting would know where it is, if it were at the yew stones ballot box one person with 20 yew characters could take over the entire election.

#3 the separate meetings was intended to seperate the people from the original meeting we attended, group 1 being people who enjoy the meetings and like yew, and group 2 being the griefers who attacked us, who we could then ban since it is a player owned house.

#4 I did not purposely miss the archery contest, I had a previously scheduled real life thing I had to attend.

This post is not intended to start another argument on the forums. I am just sharing my side, as I was asked to earlier on this thread.

Hope to see some of you at the meeting, it will be this Saturday, at 8 Pm eastern time at the Yew counselors guild

Last edited:

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#2 the mayor election was put at the castle to make sure only people who attended the meeting would know where it is, if it were at the yew stones ballot box one person with 20 yew characters could take over the entire election.

#3 the separate meetings was intended to seperate the people from the original meeting we attended, group 1 being people who enjoy the meetings and like yew, and group 2 being the griefers who attacked us, who we could then ban since it is a player owned house.

Folks. We should not be seeking out to exclude anyone at all. Seriously?

Norrington, you, your team and allies need to have a real heart to heart with the Yew citizens that have been there for over a decade. They have built a community out of that town that you should be embracing.

There is obviously bad blood on both sides, settle it and work together.

#1: Norrington, by plotting to take over other cities in your meeting you made A LOT of players mad. A LOT. I'm not hearing from one guy with 20 accounts as stated above, I'm getting emails from quite a few players from several cities that were mentioned at that meeting. They honestly want to be represented, not be steamrolled by a single guild. The 'dirty tricks' seemed especially prevalent in this election as well, which is what started this bad blood in the first place... don't say you were not a part of it and didn't benefit from it. I was there and I have eyes and ears pretty much everywhere, even in places you think is impossible. You battled hard in Yew and won, you got what you asked for... the single most active community of any of the towns. You cannot simply exclude them now... you also can't make them do all the work and put your name at the top.

#2: Yew Militia, you guys can't simply reject everyone that isn't Sunwolf. I respect the man that has kept Yew alive for over a decade, it is not lost on me his contribution. He ran this second season only because he was asked to, he was going to give someone else a shot at it anyhow. Sunwolf has stated multiple times he is willing to work with Norrington, you can't nitpick anything and everything that is done in his name and call it fair. You must give the guy a chance. He is new at this, there will be growing pains, and if he fails at this, there is a new election in 2 months. Let's try and build him up instead of tear him down.

We all need to come together in Yew and support one of the more active communities on Atlantic. You cannot stand in front of a crowd of people with a crown and say "I'm your leader! Love me!" it doesn't work that way. Be a real active leader and engage your community, listen to everyone, not just your friends and guild mates. You also cannot say "I don't know this guy, screw him!" before giving him a chance.

The best ideas come from new sources... and that is said to both sides of this debate.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

A couple things, #1 It is on purpose that Arcanis talks here instead of me, we all saw what happened when I tried to get involved on election night, we were trying to avoid that happening on Stratics, I read all the things written.
On election night - things were sour well before you arrived... and your guildmates were right in the middle of it. So instead of speaking for yourself, you set up one of the ones in the middle of it all as your mouthpiece? Personally - I do not think that is wise...

As to supporting you... I know Sunwolf and I know what he can do. He is Yew and has spent years making the town what it is. Therefore he had my full support in the election. The election is now over and at this point, I am still waiting to see why I should support you. So far - I don't see a reason to. I see someone who has been elected to act as a servant of the people instead playing cronyism and expecting others to serve him and his cronies. That's not what it is about. Show me a reason to support you and I will. Both as Tazar, Governor of Moonglow - and as Tazar, Duke of Yew.

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Seems like alot of drama here, specially when someone else has done far worse then anything Capt has, but I guess people need new targets sometimes right?

As the excuse goes, its just roleplaying right?

Worked for someone else, lets just let it work for Captn' and move on aswell.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Bennu, what do you mean by taking over cities? that literally was never said, mentioned, referenced, or anything. the yew meeting at my castle had two yew citizens there that were not in my guild, and one of them was a governor on there other character. the list of those who attended is Queen Arya (who we have been planning events with), Arcanis and Jay (Emissarys in my guild) Armand Morvoren (A Mayor Candidate), the governor on their other character, and a couple of my guildies who wandered in. 100% of those people are friends or allies, so where these "numerous emails" are coming from, I have no idea, I don't know what to say except your "eyes and ears" are wrong. the only thing even remotely close to "taking over cities" was after the meeting, where my guildies and I discussed leaving yew entirely and picking a new city since we clearly are not welcome.

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like alot of drama here, specially when someone else has done far worse then anything Capt has, but I guess people need new targets sometimes right?

As the excuse goes, its just roleplaying right?

Worked for someone else, lets just let it work for Captn' and move on aswell.
Lol? Please explain

Arcanis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"On election night - things were sour well before you arrived... and your guildmates were right in the middle of it. So instead of speaking for yourself, you set up one of the ones in the middle of it all as your mouthpiece? Personally - I do not think that is wise..."

In the middle of what, getting ppl to vote???
Cause that is all i did.
Those idiots blocking the stone were known fel griefers trying to grab their own attention, they werent with us.
I find your statement to discredit my efforts, character's ... character,distasteful.

Prove to me this show me you can do that....yea been trying to people...kinda hard to do that when again a simple post about a meeting, to try
to move things forward turns into all this crap.

Kinda hard to move ahead when ya got a King ,2 queens, and a boura on your back.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly, out of all the people involved with yew, including myself, Arcanis is the Last person anyone, has any right whatsoever to insult, he was working 5x harder than anyone else on election day, and no im not just saying that because i'm his friend, multiple people from sunwolf's side said the same that day.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love it. He said it himself, he desires total censorship and control, removing any right to “Free Speech” or opinion from anyone who isn't bowing on bended knee at his feet, kissing his toes as he passes.

As a VERY long time resident of Yew, I will say I have no clue who you are and I question your honesty and honor in this whole election. You have never reached out and that’s why the people of Yew have no idea who you are. That may be a hard concept to understand, but it's true. People who sit around Luna bank in 1 Billion Gold worth of rares do not inspire a feeling of hard working community “fuzzy” feelings. You are just showing off. We don’t need a show off. At least Sunwolf actually does things for the community AND he did this long before this extremely flawed Governor system was put in place. If I had anything to say about it, because of the clear cheating involved, it should all be removed.

Sorry gang, I will stay hostile. I’m not working with him in any way. We, fail to even acknowledge this non-leader. As the proprietor of not 1, but 8 houses in the Yew town area, I am fully and openly against “Captain Norrington” and will work tirelessly to get Sunwolf back as soon as we can. This is not said as a blind uneducated statement, I also have eyes and ears all over the place too.

We don’t need peacocks! We need dolphins.

I honestly hate to agree with Tazar, but I do agree with his entire post #18.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't attempting to insult anyone, or to say that Captn doesn't deserve a chance, and I am infact somewhat insulted at being referred to as a 'queen' for voicing my opinion and attempting to offer some constructive feedback, which has both been seemingly ignored, or in some cases I feel turned against me.

I'm getting frustrated beyond belief at how everyone is acting regarding this. Even myself at first, though I feel that it needed to be voiced. Captn, SunWolf... I don't care WHO the Governor is, I just want someone that wants to immerse themselves in this and try to build up the community. And I haven't seen that from Captn yet. Excluding people for any reason is NOT building up the community.

When I said to prove to me that you deserved to win... It was meant as a challenge. Motivation. SHOW me that you truly wanted to get involved in this as much as I did, and still do.

I've given my opinion and tried to be constructive and helpful. I have nothing more to say on this.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
#1 Evil Pixie, (Assuming your dusty pixiewings) I have had my castle in Yew for over a year, it is literally 20-30 steps from all 8 of your houses, walk north from your houses for about 4 seconds, and there it is, so don't pretend you don't know me. #2 I am a 15 year veteran of Atlantic have never bought a single gold piece for real life money, I have rares and wear rares because I have worked hard already and succeeded, therefore can buy nice items. #3 you spam the yew bulletin board every week with insults, shows great character on your part doesn't it? there is nothing I hate more than adults acting like preschoolers.

Last edited:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Atlantic I say this with love....everyone's behavior in this situation is appalling and so very disappointing to witness. One day many of you will find yourselves on a shard or in a community of ghosts and memories. When that happens you will look back at all the time you spent on destructive petty things like this and WISH that you had just made a little more effort to work together and build something great...Soooo Try Harder because theres only one way this ends if you don't and thats loss of player support, interaction, participation and players logging in to play

One day the Orc Mine Ride will be over :facepalm:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
pixie, #1 maybe you didn't see my guild during the yew swamp thing because the guild didn't exist back then....lol the guild is exactly as old as my castle is, around a year. #2 yes the votes "swayed suspiciously" because the other side ran out of voters and we did not, its really that simple, you don't see me accusing sunwolf of cheating because on day 4 my % went from 70 to 40, so why do you accuse me of cheating for gaining 2% on the last day? #3 you have talked to me many times, on many character, during many different years that this game has existed, and I have seen you talk to quite a few people in the course of the games life, and I can honestly say i've never seen you say a single nice thing about anyone, ever. please do us all a favor and mind your own business instead of badmouthing me every chance you get.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the HELL...is wrong with you people. SERIOUSLY. I wander into this post and see reporters, psycho pixies, and GMs (jeebus christ) slamming a new gov? All the bashing with third person of a cousin's sister's info...Is this game filled with nobody left but socially disabled, mentally ill, self-inflated egos in a lil pixel world? Get a grip!

It was supposed to be a game. Most of you have totally lost sight of that. I don't want to play with any of you, you are pure poison.

saitou187

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi guys... I'm a new player. My name is Haku, I've really enjoyed playing this game with all of you for the last week or so (I think my trial has some time left on it but I already have 2 accounts for the purpose of housing in Oceania [my local, very quiet BUT NEVER DEAD...shard] AND in Atlantic, which after having discovered how lively your shard is and how many great people you have that are willing to help out a newbie like me and always have time to res me when I've gotten myself killed by some really powerful mongbats [paragons I SWEAR]. I'll tell you straight up that I am a VK member, Arcanis was the first person to help me in the game, and I've spoken at great lengths with Cap and my other guildies and gotten to know some of them reasonably well. I know that we're all reasonable people, and I suspect that you folks I have yet to meet are reasonable people too (with the exception of Pixxie I don't want to make any judgment about you till I've met you personally but for now I'll just say that you're very passionate =] and I can respect that quality in a person as well anyway. I'd really like it if this issue could get resolved, I mean the way I see it an elections an election, no matter what if you lose you make sure you win the next one, you don't sit there complaining about how you lost this one u just make plans for the next one ... just my 2 cents. I really don't wanna start off on a bad foot here since I'm new but I felt I had to say that much so if I've offended anyone I apologize.

I'd like to say to Sunwolf that if he's done so much for Yew (and make no mistake I am not disputing that he has) THEN I'm sure he's a reasonable person and it seems that there are quite a number of people that look to you as a leader. Sunwolf I believe you have a responsibility to sort this situation out with Cap quickly and stop future chaos from occuring. I'm no veteran of this forum but from my experience with other forums I would say this thread is going to be locked soon so i better hit post now.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*slaps* you killed the forums lol ;)

T

Tazar

As far as I can see - Sunwolf has reached out several times and been ignored. Norrington on the other hand has set up an elite group of his cronies and intentionally excluded others (by his own words). Who is the real leader and who is the mob boss?

Sorry Norrington - you may not like hearing that - but it is the impression that you are giving everyone by your words and actions. You really need to stop and think a little about the path you have set. Maybe hire one of those Public Relations/Image Makeover specialists to help give you advice.

And as for the "opposition running out of votes" - that is not the case... the blocking of the voting stone prevented votes from being cast. There were many more votes to be cast as you well know. You were there watching after all.

Note to all: I am involved in the situation here - but I am also a moderator of the forum. When people do get passionate about something - tempers can flare. Please keep things within the Stratics Rules of Conduct and avoid personal attacks. I do not and can not read every post on the forum. If you see something that you feel breaks the Stratics Rules of Conduct, please use the Post Report system (report button at the bottom of the post) and I and/or Lady_Rachel will review the post. If it is my post - please report it as well and I will ask that Lady_Rachel or a Senior Staff-member to review the post. While I am involved in the topic and conversation and I obviously have a "side" there - I will still strive to be fair and impartial on the forum. Some posts in this thread have approached the line in my opinion - but not crossed it yet. I hope it stays that way

saitou187

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
thank you for responding sunwolf =] I hope you can tell me some more about Yew's history some time =]

Wendico

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Norrington have done great job, even when there is rebelling peasants playing robin hood around yew.
They just need some strong hand to take them order, maby after like 5 years they realize yew is now norringtons area not some old land lords who have still lust of power.
Well i belive yew have raised feelings most of city elections this far and hope it will stay alive as it is now.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the clarifications sunwolf, :) and I have no idea who it is, but whoever, please stop spamming my email with insults lol, it doesnt accomplish anything

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this was a nice thread , hashing things out, now i see people some post that will be removed. Great job people =)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it not true? Noone has a problem with Norrington himself, infact I like Norrington. The whole problem has been some of the guildmates who dont know how to behave, which we all see a clear example of.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
just curious....ive been watching....how did this thread literally go from me and sunwolf being friendly to this big battle in pretty much.... 5 minutes? 10 minutes? its interesting

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no battle, just me stating facts. Your guildmates blow up too easily, and it is the main reason you get grief over the governor thing

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since both Norrington and Sunwolf are currently walking around Yew discussing constructive plans for Yew and working together... Lets do this.

If you support Norrington, work with him and support him.
If you support Sunwolf, work with him and support him.

Since they are working together, if everyone else can be civil and calm things will improve greatly.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Rachel, your nuetral here, I ask just remove the posts that shouldn't be on the boards, but please don't lock the forum like people do on uhall. It is nice to get things out and resolved though and I feel it is important for tha reason.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the HELL...is wrong with you people. SERIOUSLY. I wander into this post and see reporters, psycho pixies, and GMs (jeebus christ) slamming a new gov? All the bashing with third person of a cousin's sister's info...Is this game filled with nobody left but socially disabled, mentally ill, self-inflated egos in a lil pixel world? Get a grip!

It was supposed to be a game. Most of you have totally lost sight of that. I don't want to play with any of you, you are pure poison.
I was frustrated in my first post, yes, and even in my second and third. Perhaps I could have worded the first one better, but in the second, I was offering constructive feedback. I was not 'slamming' or 'bashing' anyone. Please try reading my posts in the tone they were intended, and there is no need for insults.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Rachel, your nuetral here, I ask just remove the posts that shouldn't be on the boards, but please don't lock the forum like people do on uhall. It is nice to get things out and resolved though and I feel it is important for tha reason.

Ok...the nasty stuff is removed and it won't be locked for now...Play nice and talk it out folks.
If you really want a special note from me that I have removed one of your posts then PM me and I will send you one. Keep it civil guys, or I will lock it up. Discuss don't attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.