• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet another template...

Gusten

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I see many posts where the poster asks for comments on his (or her (yeah right) ) template, so this might not be very... original and creative, but on the other hand I always enjoy reading how other people play the game so here we go!

First of all, I've always loved archery, so it's a given choice for me. For a char that's supposed to actually be able to help out a little bit on champs, and still have all the essential thieving skills, it's either magery or archery. Not enough defense to go with a close-range melee skill.

Secondly, I usually try not to rely on items for skills, but I'm prepared to go against that on this template. I'm thinking Burglar's Bandana, Shadow Dancer's and the +10 stealth robe (usually at least one for sale on my shard). I have a friend with 120 imbuing, so that's 60 (+) skills from jewellery, tailored to my preferences.

So, here we go:
Modified (real)
120 (90) Steal
100 (90) Snoop
120 (80) Stealth
100 (100) Hiding
120 (100) Ninjitsu
120 (100) Archery
120 (100) Tactics
60 (60) Chivalry
(720 total real)

I actually just have 710 cap, so that'll be 110 (90) tactics for me.

What are your experiences with relying on items for skill as a thief? To put off someone chasing you after an attack, a poisoned shuriken and some arrows should at least slow down a mage char. The tactics isn't really that essential to the template, as I'm not planning on killing anyone, but would add to PvM usefullness. Going magery and eval int, instead of archery and tactics, might make it even more PvM-viable though...

Any comments are much appreciated.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
75 stealth gives you 100% successful stealthing with all medable armor. That would free up some skill points.

You could drop stealing to 110 and throw on ferret tally if you're stealing a 10-stoner.

Like you say, tactics isn't really needed, but I'd at least keep 80 for specials.

Rest looks pretty good. Should be a fun template.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might want to go 65 chiv. That's never fail a Sacred Journey. Looks like a fun template. Have fun with it.

Q

Gusten

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the encouraging words! Lowering stealing is an option, yeah. I always kept it high, but I suppose I really don't need it at 120. Reason for high stealth is for the auto-reveal calculation formula, I want to favour myself as much as possible in that aspect.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Honestly, the passive reveal chance is high enough that it's rarely worth stealthing to someone. 90% of the time you'll be shadow jumping to them. But of course, it's you're template: you should build it to fit your needs, based on your play style.

As far as tactics, I'm thinking: steal, dismount, animal form, run; or dismount, running steal, animal form, run. Sounds like great fun. :thumbsup: