• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Yet another Sampire Question (newbie warning)

P

portcontrol7

Hey all...

So its been a couple months of UO and here I am...

I have basically hunted Despise Ogre Lords for the past month. My skills are:

Anatomy 86.8
Bushido 52.9(recently added, more on this later)
Necro 94.3
Parrying 92.3
Resist 100 (locked)
Spirit Speak 88.2
Swordsmanship 98.1
Tactics 98.4

STR 90 DEX 80 INT 55

Well I've exhausted the 700 skill points alloted me. As I mentioned earlier all I have done is kill Ogre Lords with my Soul Seeker Repond that someone gave me.

Recently I added Bushido and set Anatomy down because someone suggested that having the Lightning Strike ability is the bomb. I havent even noticed what it does but have raised it to 52.9. Ok so finally the questions.

Help!? I don't really know where to go from here. I've heard that Bushido + Parry with NO shield equipped is the way to go, but how is this compared to a shield? How does Bushido make my shield obsolete? WTF does lightning strike do?

Also how do my stats look as far as strength and dex look? And is dropping Anatomy the right move for 100 bushido?

And finally, I have gotten so experienced in UO that I know that curse weapon is my BFF (best friend forever) and keeps me alive while battling those nasty Ogre Lords, but where can I hunt and get some of these decent artifacts or items or whatever is really hot this coming fall?

Thanks in advance.

port...

Can a necro get a table dance!

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will probably get more help on the samurai fourm
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/postlist.php?Cat=3&Board=uosamurai

I can try to answer a few questions though. Being a samurai, using a shield gives a penatly to bushido skills. It's deigned for use with a 2 handed weapon. Lightning strike gives you a hit chance increase and a chance for a ciritical strike that does increased damage.

I've never had a template like yours so I can't really comment on what to do with it or your stats.

As far as artifacts go, you're probably talking about Doom artifacts from running the gauntlet. I'm pretty sure there is a guide on the main web page for UO stratics. It tells you how to get there, what weapons to bring, etc. I'll look for the link later and post it.