• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

YES! Finally...

S

Sneaky

...they are invading Luna!

The Six Are Coming!
Jeremy Dalberg
25 Jun 2008 15:30:46
# A new member of the Six is scheduled to appear every day; the old one will go away for a little while
# Kealdia is in Luna. Stay away from Luna!
http://www.uoherald.com/news/
Roger that, viva West Brit Bank!

A

Azureal

Is this any different to the stuff I read at 9am this morning, or have you just not visited the boards today? Hehehe, you had me all excited.

S

Sneaky

Is this any different to the stuff I read at 9am this morning, or have you just not visited the boards today? Hehehe, you had me all excited.
That depends on what you read at 9am this morning... lol

F

Fink

They've invaded Luna before, it didn't take. People just settled back there after the fuss was over (or before, the invaders didn't seem to faze some people).

I think they'd basically have to nuke the place to make people leave. Remove all the NPCs, disable the moongate, perhaps even demolish the existing housing. Even after all that there's no way to guarantee they'd go back to West Britain Bank. Nostalgia aside, it doesn't offer much to the uninitiated.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*CRIES*

Well you didnt have to say it like that....

*Glares angryly*

*Cries agian*

A

Azureal

Brit, Vesper, Moonglow. Heck even Skara used to pull a hefty crowd of people back in the day. I dislike Luna as much as the next person, but that place is here to stay.

Sigh.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luna is the worst place for gathering, but its convenient for most chars. tamers only have a short walk from the bank to stables, crafters dont have to go anywhere, the inn is extrememly close and the added fact of access the bank from the inn is a bonus i guess, everyone dont have to run a mile to get to the moongate and the fact that there is a lot of areas for vendors inside the walls is also convienient.

But imo nothing will beat WBB it has never been an eye sore, i think luna is to damn bright with all those yellows(i think they are, im colour blind so who knows lol)

and Luna is a little to up-to-date twith design, the game is set in wat the 17th/18th/19th century?

who else agrees?

A

Azureal

Luna is the worst place for gathering, but its convenient for most chars. tamers only have a short walk from the bank to stables, crafters dont have to go anywhere, the inn is extrememly close and the added fact of access the bank from the inn is a bonus i guess, everyone dont have to run a mile to get to the moongate and the fact that there is a lot of areas for vendors inside the walls is also convienient.

But imo nothing will beat WBB it has never been an eye sore, i think luna is to damn bright with all those yellows(i think they are, im colour blind so who knows lol)

and Luna is a little to up-to-date twith design, the game is set in wat the 17th/18th/19th century?

who else agrees?
Agree 100%. The fact that everything is so close together is another sore point, really.

Atleast with WBB, you had all these people at the bank, and when you wanted something repaired (metal wise) you headed up to the smith. There you found another group of players, all hanging around chatting. Hell, some smiths even ran their smithing business from that little shop. Very cool.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved the fact that you could just be running around Brit itself and stand a high chance of bumping into somone. Now...

*runs off and sobs again*

S

Sneaky

I dislike Luna as much as the next person, but that place is here to stay.
Really, its only attitudes like this that make it this way, many of the other shards still use WBB, especially the Asian ones.

Oceania used WBB right up until (and for a long time during) the Despise invasion of Brit, its the reason everyone left in the first place, but after it was over nobody returned. Why? What is different with WBB now than before the invasion started? Nothing. The only reasons WBB is now no longer used is because people A. are LAZY and B. because people now have in their head that Luna is the place to go, for whatever reason.

What about everyone takes their Luna rune out of their books and remark it with WBB, this way every time you recall to a bank to restock etc you end up at Brit, and for when you need to go PC shopping, Luna is still stupidly easy to get to (via its moongate). That is all it would take...

A

Azureal

Really, its only attitudes like this that make it this way, many of the other shards still use WBB, especially the Asian ones.

Oceania used WBB right up until (and for a long time during) the Despise invasion of Brit, its the reason everyone left in the first place, but after it was over nobody returned. Why? What is different with WBB now than before the invasion started? Nothing. The only reasons WBB is now no longer used is because people A. are LAZY and B. because people now have in their head that Luna is the place to go, for whatever reason.

What about everyone takes their Luna rune out of their books and remark it with WBB, this way every time you recall to a bank to restock etc you end up at Brit, and for when you need to go PC shopping, Luna is still stupidly easy to get to (via its moongate). That is all it would take...
Way to quote me out of context. Ive stated many times my dislike for Luna. I miss the people at WBB at much as the next person, and Id be more than happy to see you try and convince people to come back.

Only attitudes like this?

Epic fail.

F

Fink

The only way to get people to use WBB is to get people to use WBB.

Profound, I know. :coco:

S

Sneaky

Way to quote me out of context. Ive stated many times my dislike for Luna. I miss the people at WBB at much as the next person, and Id be more than happy to see you try and convince people to come back.

Only attitudes like this?

Epic fail.
You took that the wrong way mate, wasn't an attack or anything, was just stating the facts. We all have done it, not just you. So no need to take it personally or anything...

You* gotta realize, that you can scream you love WBB and hate Luna until your blue in the face, but this changes nothing, you actually have to stop using Luna to make a difference...

*Please note 'you' is not meant to be a reference to YOU, Im talking about everyone.

A

Azureal

You took that the wrong way mate, wasn't an attack or anything, was just stating the facts. We all have done it, not just you. So no need to take it personally or anything...

You* gotta realize, that you can scream you love WBB and hate Luna until your blue in the face, but this changes nothing, you actually have to stop using Luna to make a difference...

*Please note 'you' is not meant to be a reference to YOU, Im talking about everyone.
Its all good then.

I hear you, loud and clear. My crafter has a rune for Britain, Vesper and Minoc. My lockpicker has Brit and Vesper. Anytime Ive got these guys logged in and see someone at Vesper Im always stunned. Good old nostalgia, it hurts like a ******* sometimes.

S

Sneaky

Hehe, if it was up to me we would go alllll the way back, and use the REAL and original WBB (fel)...

But I'll settle for Tram WBB also :p

S

Sneaky

4th century chronologically, but mid-Renaissance in anthropological terms.
Well, most of Britannia (Tram/Fel) fits this, its also loosely modeled on England...

This is Britannia as seen in UOAM.

And this is England, rotated, as seen in Google Earth.

...but some of the expansion lands are all over the place, you have Japanese mythology, whatever Malas is... and then the just weird almost sci-fi elements in Ilshenar like;

Exodus Dungeon, Central Ilshenar...

F

Fink

And this is England, rotated, as seen in Google Earth.

Psst, that's Great Britain (minus Ireland, as it should be), not England.

...but some of the expansion lands are all over the place, you have Japanese mythology, whatever Malas is... and then the just weird almost sci-fi elements in Ilshenar like;

Exodus Dungeon, Central Ilshenar...
Tokuno is Edo period Japan, around the same time as the european development seen in Britannia.

Ilshenar's a mix, mythologically, but doesn't have any specific time period on it, aside from remnants of Exodus' corruption of Blackthorn, which are steampunk-fantasy, which could occupy the same period without too much trouble. If in doubt, do what I do and time-travel. :thumbsup:

Malas isn't quite the a-hole of Sosaria, but it may as well have fallen out of there.

S

Sneaky

Psst, that's Great Britain (minus Ireland, as it should be), not England.
Your right, the entire image is Great Britain (the island of Great Britain), but the part that resembles Britannia (the bit I was talking about) is England, the country, without Scotland/Wales.

In this image, England the country is highlighted red, the rest of the UK is light yellow.

F

Fink

I once had a potato chip shaped like England, I ate it after screaming "FREEDOM!" in a thick Scottish brogue.

S

Sunrise

haha :D

Ok how about we do this. Get a bunch of High level mages. ALOT of em I say. Get some black rock. cast some spells..and see if Luna falls onto the face of thy map :D