• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Year 2000 Returning play -Sampire?

W

WazMeister27

Hey,

I'm training my old skool GM swordsman to a sampire, according to a post in UO Forums it mentiond this is a ideal guild-

The following skills are required:
120 melee skill
120 bushido
120 parry
100 (or 99) necromancy
90 tactics (100 suggested)
60 chivalry Sampire
It's a very old post, does his first template still hold worthy if I want to do PvM well?

I also read through the entire thread about items to have and stats.. alot of it went way over my head, being I've just came back to UO since year 2000.

Can someone sum up easily for me what I should be doing, what items and where I can and or how I can get them and what all the slogans like DCI, HCI etc mean?

Thanks so much!

Waz

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hci=hit chance increase
dci=defense chance increase
di=damage increase
ssi=swing speed increase
hpr=hit point regeneration
mr=mana regeneration
sr=stamina regeneration
lmc=lower mana cost
lrc=lower reagent cost
rpd=reflect physical damage
sdi=spell damage increase

those are some and it does get confusing after a break of play that long

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy Waz,

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, but asked the same type question a month ago or so. Take a look at this post...
http://community.stratics.com/index...bout-building-my-sampire.261588/#post-2093161

It's kinda the basics boiled down and the whole thread was a good help and a nice starting point for me.

Good luck and if I can be of assist, just give this 2-3 month old Sampire a holler. Thats really my way of saying speak up cause there's alot of Sampires out here that know there stuff, a helluva lot better than me, and they love to help.

Luck my friend,
Mac

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey,

I'm training my old skool GM swordsman to a sampire, according to a post in UO Forums it mentiond this is a ideal guild-

The following skills are required:
120 melee skill
120 bushido
120 parry
100 (or 99) necromancy
90 tactics (100 suggested)
60 chivalry Sampire
It's a very old post, does his first template still hold worthy if I want to do PvM well?

I also read through the entire thread about items to have and stats.. alot of it went way over my head, being I've just came back to UO since year 2000.

Can someone sum up easily for me what I should be doing, what items and where I can and or how I can get them and what all the slogans like DCI, HCI etc mean?

Thanks so much!

Waz
Welcome back Waz-

I'd say not- for one, that looks to be only 610 skill points. It's a testament to UO that as tight as the template of a Sampire is that there are some many differences (granted some minor) here and there.

With the changes to Chivalry most people have gone to at least 85 chivalry. What I am currently running is this:

120 melee
120 Bushido
120 Parry
101 Tactics
100 Anatomy
99 Necromancy
60 Chivalry

On one of my Sampires. Again, because of the changes to Chivalry (that you need a higher skill base to get the full benefits of the spells) most seem to have reduced parry and raised up Chivalry. If I was going to do that, I'd probably drop Parry to 60 (this is needed to keep the mana reduction on special moves) take Tactics/Anatomy to 120 and Chivalry to like 81 (or higher if you add skill on jewelry).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That template is now slightly outdated since pub 71 changed Chivalry. Everyone has their own template. I am running the following templates:

120 Weapon
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
110 Anatomy (or resist)
99 Necromancy
91 Chivalry
60 Parrying

W

WazMeister27

Bit of a dumb question, what is he process fo playing a Sampire?
So I cast Vampire form.. and now where does Bush come in to it and chiv?

Do I cast certain spells or something.. i see alot people mention to have Chiv for better spells etc but I'm not entirely sure what spells we should use or cast.
Is their a standard routine to use when fighting?

Thanks

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido is there for being able to Honor what you are killing, damage increase with Whirlwind, Momentum Strike and Confidence. And depending on your build, lightning strike.

Chivalry is there for Enemy of One, Divine Fury, Consecrate Weapon, Remove Curse, Sacred Journey and occasionally Cleanse By Fire, Close Wounds and Noble Sacrifice.

W

WazMeister27

What does Honor do?

So Nusair, I just cast al them everytime i go in combat?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Honor initiates Perfection which has several benefits such as increasing your damage output. Enemy of One also increases damage output. So with out a slayer weapon, but with 100 DI on your suit/weapon and with both perfection achieved and EOO you are at the max damage output.

Try this sequence to get you started.

EOO (activate before you engage your foe. Then Honor, Consecrate Weapon (CW), LS, LS, LS, CW, LS, LS, LS, CW, LS...

Or if you have an AI weapon use AI instead of LS.

W

WazMeister27

THanks for tips and advice!

So what sort of gear should I be aiming to get?

V

Von Dagger

Can I use rings/bracelets to get my necro to 99 to shift to vampire form. When I then take the rings off and my necro drops below 99, do I still get the benifits?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I use rings/bracelets to get my necro to 99 to shift to vampire form. When I then take the rings off and my necro drops below 99, do I still get the benifits?
No,you remove jewel when you can not keep vampire form.

Mace & shield glasses is better,but not necessary.
Now we can make good suit and weapon for imbuing and reforging.
If you dont use mace and shield glassess,your weapon need hit lower diffence.
And swing speed(suits and weapon) need 5 or 20 or 35 or 55.
Stamina required of ssi 5/20/35/55,ssi 20 and 30 is same need stamina,but mana leech change.
Shame and wrong drop ssi jewel,sometime good ssi jewel drop for imbuing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, Semmerset is right. You don't absolutely need to have the glasses. If you are able to get Perfection and EOO on your foe with 100 DI on your suit/weapon then you will be at the max damage output. But that said, I often feel I need Slayer on my weapon. With HLD on the weapon I have no room for the Slayer. So it is a trade-off that you have to work around. My normal weapons are:

SSI
DI
HML
HSL
Slayer (or HLD)

Also remember, a sampire lives by leeching life and that is fully dependent on hitting your foe. If you don't hit, you don't live. HLD helps you to keep hitting and avoid endless whiffs. It's like baseball... you swing three times in a row and miss, well you're probably "out" and seeing shades of grey in UO.

BTW, the jewelry trick for vampire form was removed in a publish a few years back. I can't find the notes right now. You must have 99.0 necromancy or you cannot maintain the effect. You can use jewelry with necromancy skill bonus, but you have to keep it on.

-OBSIDIAN-

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can get 100 DI from your suit and have HLD on your weapon.