• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Xfer House & storage question, and changing name on sign

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For an existing house, being traded between accounts having different storage upgrade levels, say 20% and 60%, or 40% and 60%, does the max storage/lockdown count adjust accordingly up or down as applicable?

By what methods can you change the name after 'Owned by:' on a house ? I mean if you decide you want a different character on same account to display as owner, vs the one that you made the plot with?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the storage level is based on the house owner's account entitlements. i don't know what would happen if account 1 owned a full house with 60% extra storage and you transferred the house to account 2 with only a 20% storage upgrade. i guess some stuff would decay but can't say for sure. i overloaded a house many years ago (we're talking about the days when you were lucky to own a 7x7) and i logged in the next day to discover a bunch of stuff went poof.

the only way i know of to change the owner name is:
  • transfer the house
  • use a name change token
  • have the character you want to show 'owned by' resize the house (make sure it's empty prior to doing this)

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
the storage level is based on the house owner's account entitlements. i don't know what would happen if account 1 owned a full house with 60% extra storage and you transferred the house to account 2 with only a 20% storage upgrade. i guess some stuff would decay but can't say for sure. i overloaded a house many years ago (we're talking about the days when you were lucky to own a 7x7) and i logged in the next day to discover a bunch of stuff went poof.

the only way i know of to change the owner name is:
  • transfer the house
  • use a name change token
  • have the character you want to show 'owned by' resize the house (make sure it's empty prior to doing this)
I tried. But its a Keep. So it would not let me. Unless I just derped.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried. But its a Keep. So it would not let me. Unless I just derped.
Really? They changed this? It's been awhile, but I remember dropping a keep using the 'i wish to resize my house' command and replacing it with another keep

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Really? They changed this? It's been awhile, but I remember dropping a keep using the 'i wish to resize my house' command and replacing it with another keep
It works. I had to stand underneath the house sign (had not been doing that) and needed to say "I wish to resize my house" vs "I wish to resize this house". Solved my Keep deco issues. I just put an 18x18 back in it. Nothing else can be placed close enough to prevent a Keep from going back in this spot. Still works for resale (if anyone cares about Fel keeps when Xpac pops I suppose.)