• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WWI Official Contest: Day Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thomassilver

i woud say thunder bluff and mulgore beautifull land scape and lot of obsicals in TB that could be used for a hurtle.And there is a big open space down by mulgore it could be used as a any running event and the bridges could be used for sparing.And finally it has pleny of water for any water event.

P

poisonsmoke

hmm tough choice but id have to say barrens its a wide clear area for sports and it has some swimming areas

V

Vampyl

Well, i would have to say put the summer events in Shimmering Flats, cause its completely open and the winter events would have to be in winterspring of course because its winter there all the time

M

Maghica

Of all the Neutral zones, ShimmeringFlats is the most appealing.
We all know Mirage Raceway and there is ample space to setup arenas, athletes-quarters and Faires and bungee jumping in ThousandNeedles!

...and there is Icecream :thumbsup:

R

Rogueknight

Stranglethorn Vale
Stranglethorn Vale would be a good location for an Olympic event because of its great variety. The distance between Booty Bay and the Rebel Camp would be good for distance running. The beaches would provide a suitable location for beach volleyball. The large and small expanses of water would serve well for sprint and distance swim. Finally, the Gurubashi Arena would be a suitable place for many events, with room for large audiences.

Additionally, STV is able to be accessed easily by both Horde and Alliance, allowing for a fair contest.

K

klepalko

Winterspring for the Winter Olympics would be beautiful, but I would hate to see it after the events were over -- all that pristine snow trampled with footprints, the discarded steins and pony kegs piled up beneath the pine trees, the holes in the ice where Tauren figure skaters fell through...

So for practicality, I would say the Barrens. There's a variety of terrain with the savannah, oases, mountains, Wailing Caverns, the Razorfen instances, river, and sea. And, Fray Island is just offshore to host boxing, wrestling, fencing, judo, taekwondo, rexkwondo, and unarmed tuxedo dueling.

An additional benefit to the Barrens is that, with all the spectators running around, someone is sure to finally stumble upon Mankirk's wife.

K

konobolt

Darnassus
becosue it is the most unused city in all of azeroth :p

E

elitewarriors

I believe that Moonglade would be perfect. There is a perfect water area, great up and down hill areas, there are no extra mobs to aggro and I mean they always have great party's there, so it would be perfect! Who would be better to hold a celebration of everyone uniting and having fun than the druids!?

S

Solenus117

Un Goro. I love dinos ever since i was a wee lad growing up.The lushness makes me think of marshlands areas and gives me a nice home feeling.Plus un goro has Linken.

C

cardinall

Winter Olympics in Winterspring for sure. Plenty of mountains for skiing, bobsledding, etc, and there's a frozen lake for skating events. Plus, the local tourism economy could really use the boost.

N

NinjaMunki

Seeing as the first Olympic medal of 2008 was given out to the Women´s 10-meter air rifle competition, I gotta give the first location to Ironforge. Dwarves have would probably be the highest ranked competitors, with Gun Specialization and all.

S

Suldae

The Barrens. Lots of space, low enough level for most everyone to get in and it sure could use a bit more interest!

M

Mvucetic

Would say Tanaris. A place with large space for arenas and a spot where bot factions work in unity,whitch is a Olimpics theme afterall. :)

D

DarkPhantom

The area i would probably love to have an event in most would be Shimmering Flats. Reason why? It is huge and flat and you have so much room to do jsut about anything you want.

And if you wanted to do winter olympics well then Winterspring hands down.

L

Lasthope11

I would say Stranglethorn Valley because of the large space , the dirt road , the arena , the beach is right there to which would be good for water sports.

S

Sythium

Hyjal. It's historically significant in game, it's a large area, and it currently isn't being used for much.

K

Kremen

The Orgrimmar Arena, because it's an arena, it's big and it's used for nothing

C

chauronity

Stranglethorn Vale, many areas like the Gurubashi Arena just screaming for competitions, also Nessingways camp for shooting/archery, Booty bay for rowing/sailing competitions.

V

Viloche'

The mountain top of Ironforge. It would be interesting because there are so few accesses to it and it would be a test of resourcefulness and cunning.

K

Kemani

Signing up for day two!

First of all; to the people who said Shattrath City and Shadowmoon Valley: those aren't located on Azeroth. Those are in Outland.

On topic: Hmm, I think I'll go with either Stranglethorn Vale or Orgrimmar for the same reasons as most other people - the arenas and space for other events.

T

Theis1082

Ungoro crater, kill some dinosaurs get some pavers in there and you have yourself a nice big coliseum.

V

VividAriah

Stranglethorn. As mentioned earlier, it already has an arena.

M

markroberts

I'd have to say Dalaran (is that still in azeroth ?) no matter, someone has already been using it as a shot putt arena.

Why you ask? Because theres so many holes in the floor at Dalaran they must have been using it for the shot putt already.

I

iw00bruiser

Ogrimmar, the Arena can be used for competitive sports.

M

mithos244

I think the Shimmering Flats would be a great area with all that free space.
If they had winter sports obviosly it would be winterspring.

Z

Zanzili

I'd say whole Durotar Area, we've got here big city Orgrimmar and plenty of space. Also, there is good connection via Zeppelin with other major cities.

T

Toliris

If they held it anywhere would have to be Mulgor, HUGE open spaces, lots of animal life and plants to keep tourist entertianed and another excuse to raid thunderbluff :D

R

Rockafizz

Mulgore would be great like toliris said so much open space for olympics and wildlife and its Just about the Only place i could think of that would be great without giving the Olympians Heat Exshaustion.

M

masthema

Silvermoon :) Blood Elves could do the job better than chinese, imo

S

Shiosh

The Barrens, large open fields, plenty of area to build and arena:thumbsup:

S

sleightofhand84

Tarnaris would be ideal! Is neutral and has a lot of space!

H

Hatch

It should be in Desolace, because no one would ever go to Desolace otherwise. :)

B

boson

Moonglade would be the ideal hosting location because it is a very neutral area that serves almost no purpose! To stick the olympics in there would increase its popularity and make it a fun RP zone. Blizzard should add one dedicated RPing zone!

E

EvilSquirrels

I would hold them in Gadgetzan since it has plenty of sand and water for the games.

H

haymez

Where? Gnomeregan.
Why? Holding an olympic event seems like the only way to free the city from the tyranny of the troggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.