• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTH shards coming down again?

M

Mordocuo

What is with this the weekend is when most get the chance to play and shards are coming down again.

Talk about being a genius, who's idea is this?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What is with this the weekend is when most get the chance to play and shards are coming down again.

Talk about being a genius, who's idea is this?
there are people who have lost characters from slots 6 and 7 and this is to fix that ! would you rather tell the people who have those characters missing they are gone for good because it is interrupting your play?

B

Barry Manilow

there are people who have lost characters from slots 6 and 7 and this is to fix that ! would you rather tell the people who have those characters missing they are gone for good because it is interrupting your play?
That bug didn't effect me but I can totally understand people getting upset about that for sure. That has to be fixed asap. Just hoping no more reverts.

M

Mordocuo

My post has nothing to do with people missing chars. It has to do with a company doing something like this without it being tested well enough to be certain nothing bad would happen as well as doing it during what I believe is peak playing times.

I feel sorry for anyone who loses even 1 gold and would hope that things would be fixed.

What we are experiencing tonight is due to incompetence in quilty testing before implementations.

Carpenters have a rule:

Measure twice cut once

EA's rule:

Forget measuring we will cut as much as we like.

C

Capn Kranky

My post has nothing to do with people missing chars. It has to do with a company doing something like this without it being tested well enough to be certain nothing bad would happen as well as doing it during what I believe is peak playing times.
Er, how long have you been playing? This type of performance is standard for EA. Seriously ... at least as far back as AOS.
I feel sorry for anyone who loses even 1 gold and would hope that things would be fixed.
For me this would drive the stake thru the heart of UO play. For me this would be a character deletion because I would not be coming back.
What we are experiencing tonight is due to incompetence in quilty testing before implementations.
Again, is this REALLY news to you?

F

Fayled Dhreams

Er, how long have you been playing? This type of performance is standard for EA. Seriously ... at least as far back as AOS.
If this was 10 years ago, we would have reverted back to Wednesday :gee:
which week? ... :lol:

Conspiracy theory:

It's the classic sharders ... infiltrated EA account and billing management >with the intent< of crashing the entire system BACK to pre tram ...
or
Working title: Biggest revert EVAH !!11!11one eleventith! :party:

C

Capn Kranky

It's the classic sharders ... infiltrated EA account and billing management >with the intent< of crashing the entire system BACK to pre tram ...
damn! you figgered it out? I am gonna have to get operations planning to do a better job. <sigh>

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, they just want to be like microslop.