• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestling with magery Question

L

L1Z4RD

Does wrestling require tactics to perform the specials, or are there some magic skills that can substitute in for tact?

...or do all parry wrestle mages run with 90 tact on their templates?

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three specials do not require tactics.

Wrestling (disarm/stun punch)

Poisoning (infectious strike) needs weapon skill however, so example is 70 fencing to use a dagger.

Shadow Strike- needs stealth and weapon skill similar to poisoning.

So no wrestle parry mages do not need tactics to use specials. Anatomy and Eval is supposed to be the same as wrestling without specials (saving 20 points total on template) however it doesn't seem to work correctly.

L

L1Z4RD

Yes, disarm and stun are the two I am looking for.

Thanks for your quick answer..... However, I had 70 wrestling on a toon a few days back and i tried to do the primary ability and it said I needed 70 skill in weapons and tactics to perform that.

....any ideas? Skill wasn't boosted.....but it was on a dex toon, and not a mage char.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is weird.. with 70 wrestle you should be able to disarm.. if not then it's either a bug or something has been changed that I did not know.

L

L1Z4RD

it seems tactics are required now for wrestling specials....LAME.

I can understand its used to balance out these crazy mage templates.....but wrestling should either do more damage or perhaps require less tactic points to perform specials imo.

maybe 30/50 tact skill for specials.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it seems tactics are required now for wrestling specials....LAME.

I can understand its used to balance out these crazy mage templates.....but wrestling should either do more damage or perhaps require less tactic points to perform specials imo.

maybe 30/50 tact skill for specials.
Really? I saw no publish notes indicating this change.

I'm going to test this when I get home.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? I saw no publish notes indicating this change.

I'm going to test this when I get home.
I just read this so I tested it myself. My wrestle mage can do specials no problem and has no tactics. Disarmed an opponent as normal.

L

L1Z4RD

I wonder why I wasn't able to do the special then..... perhaps it requires high magery and or eval on the template?

Either way, thanks for confirming you dont need tact.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is certainly a good question. I jumped on test center, removed all of my skills and then set wrestling to 70 (which is the minimum for the primary special). It worked fine.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you have your hands equiped with a book or shield you need higher dex in order to pull-off disarm etc.