• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestling + what to stop spell interruption?

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I need tactics or anatomy added to my 120 wrestling to stop spell disruption or is wrestling a waste of time on my mage/spellweaver?

Also, do I have to dump anything into Dex for it?

Thanks!

T

TheMac

Might be more beneficial to post this in the spellcaster forum.. :thumbsup:

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do...I just thought there might be some wrestlers here who might know the answer.

T

TheMac

Only people that really use wrestling are mages:) unless there are some brawlers running around here.

I

Immortal81

Hello Xenobia,

no you do not need Anatomy or Tactics.

You would need tactics only if you're planning to use the special moves of the wrestling skill. Otherwise you don't need them.

But anatomy combined with eval int can do the same to your dodge skills like 120 wrestling (both skills need to be at 100). Although you can't use the special moves either.

click me

So if you don't want to use the special moves you can combine anatomy and eval int or just use wrestling.

Greetings Immortal

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I need tactics or anatomy added to my 120 wrestling to stop spell disruption or is wrestling a waste of time on my mage/spellweaver?

Thanks!

Well, now that we have imbuing, if your main interested is not to be interrupted when casting spells I would just use Protection and then imbue my suit to raise up all resistances to counter the effects of the Protection spell. It is possible to have an all 70s suit with Protection on.

This way, you can save up 120 skill points that you can invest in some other skills, more usefull for your template.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you guys for the info. It has given me alot to think about! You all are awesome!

I

Immortal81

Well, now that we have imbuing, if your main interested is not to be interrupted when casting spells I would just use Protection and then imbue my suit to raise up all resistances to counter the effects of the Protection spell. It is possible to have an all 70s suit with Protection on.

This way, you can save up 120 skill points that you can invest in some other skills, more usefull for your template.
But the problem with protection is that you suffer a -2 fast cast penalty and a penalty of 35 points to your resist skill.

Greetings Immortal

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks!
Wrestling will only make you not interrupted with physical attacks by successfully defending. You can still be interrupted from any magic damage or negative effects. To not be interrupted by magic you need inscribe/spell focus.

-Inscription gives you 5% spell focus so 5% of the time magic can't interrupt your spell casting.

-Element Resonance X% will make your casting not interrupted by what ever element it is X% of the time also.

-Protection will make you 100% immune to interruptions, but drops your resisting spells skill and physical resistance and caps your FC at 0.

-Evasion you could make a evasion mage (which is a pain and usually not worth it) so you pretty much evade anything that comes your way and you can cast away for a short time.

N

NoBuddy

For the record, you do NOT need tactics to use wrestling specials, and it's the only melee skill that is like that.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow I wish they gave us more points to work with lol
Thanks again for the info! Now I am wondering if I should have made this char at all. I was a perfectly good archer! UGH!!!