• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestling Gains

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hello all. I have been away a few months and I am trying to pickup where I had left off with a character. I was at 95.3 wrestling and had gotten there the entire way in the Jhelom Pits in Trammel. Now all of a sudden it seems I cannot gain anything there. Has something changed?

What do you recommend I do to help a mage increase his wrestling skill? I'm trying to knock it out before I lower my dex and increase my int again.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

P.S. Current skills on character (goal in parenthesis):
110 Meditation (110)
110 Focus (0)
100 Resisting Spells (110)
100 Inscription (100)
95.3 Wrestling (100)
93.4 Evaluate Intelligence (110)
67.5 Magery (120)
0 Chivalry (70)

C

Calliope

Hire a Trinsic paladin (preferably female), pull it to the beach outside the south gate and just wrestle. You may have to heal the paladin, but this method got me to 120 quite fast.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, that seems to be working better. It is still very slow, but I'll take that instead of no gain.

-OBSIDIAN-

O

onthefifty

i heard someone on the old forums say you could summon a deamon but dont know if you have to remain guilded or not.

anyone can answer this

E

envinyatar

If you have a soulstone, I would recommend getting rid of any skills that you are dropping, by using the soulstone to erase it. This way you have more available skill points and less total overall skill, which more often than not, results in faster skill gains.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No soulstone, but I am eligible for one in vet rewards (and have an available reward). My concern with the stone was that I wanted to make sure it was a full stone and not a shard. Does a vet reward soulstone have unlimited uses? I'd like to pull off that 110 Focus and put it on the stone.

-OBSIDIAN-

U

uoBuoY

No soulstone, but I am eligible for one in vet rewards (and have an available reward). My concern with the stone was that I wanted to make sure it was a full stone and not a shard. Does a vet reward soulstone have unlimited uses? I'd like to pull off that 110 Focus and put it on the stone.

-OBSIDIAN-

The Vet reward SS is a full SS and will be bound to the account that claims the reward.