• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestle parry vs wrestle

• Thread starter InspectorGadget
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
I

InspectorGadget

Does anyone know the difference in DCI between Wrestle and parry vs just wrestle/parry?

Hex_Europa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The DCI wrestling gives you is relative to your opponents melee/wrestle skill.

i,e with 120 Wrestle against a opponent with 120 Swords you have a 50% chance of being hit.

120 Parry will give you a 35% of blocking with a shield assuming you have at least 80 Dexterity.

If this doesn't answer your question please elaborate on your original question.

I

InspectorGadget

The DCI wrestling gives you is relative to your opponents melee/wrestle skill.

i,e with 120 Wrestle against a opponent with 120 Swords you have a 50% chance of being hit.

120 Parry will give you a 35% of blocking with a shield assuming you have at least 80 Dexterity.

If this doesn't answer your question please elaborate on your original question.
I think about answers it, so with 120wrestle i will be hit 50%of the time

And with 120 wrestle and 120 parry i will get hit 50%of the time but block 35%of those hits?

N

NickyDishes

no after the chance of u being hit is checked then there is a check made to parry after that to see whether u block the attack or not

HunterXHunter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think about answers it, so with 120wrestle i will be hit 50%of the time

And with 120 wrestle and 120 parry i will get hit 50%of the time but block 35%of those hits?
Yes...

When an attempted swing is done, first the system rolls for it to "Hit" or "Miss"

then if it's a "hit" then the system rolls for "hit" or "parry"

then if it's still a "hit" the system then rolls for "hit" or "evade".

Thats what made evasion dexer such a big pain in the rare.

G

GFY

The biggest problem with a parry mage is well... carrying the darn shield. You can get some mods on a shield but you tie up your free hand making it harder to chug pots.

In some situations a parry mage may be better, like in an archer heavy environment.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The trick is getting 80 dex and having high int as well.

G

GFY

The trick is getting 80 dex and having high int as well.
Yup there is that too. The Jackal's Collar isn't medable so that doesn't help. You have to compromise your mage build to get the dex needed to parry effectively so that makes it harder to run your mage.

Catch 22 if you asked me.

I

InspectorGadget

Thanks, its been decided then, due to the constraints(and sheer PITA) of having to work stats in an even manner and maintian high dex(60ish for potted 80) and high int. There will be no parry on the new template and i will just rack up on DCI to attempt to not get "hit" in the first place.

R

RichDC

On this, if you go wrestle with no parry, would it be best to carry a shield(assuming human)with DCI or an event DCI spellbook?

Will the 20parry from JOAT increase DCI by 5%?

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On this, if you go wrestle with no parry, would it be best to carry a shield(assuming human)with DCI or an event DCI spellbook?

Will the 20parry from JOAT increase DCI by 5%?
I wouldn't bother using a shield without parry unless you're REALLY lacking the DCI. Though it is fun humiliating dexers and archers by killing them without chugging a single pot :)

M

mr.blackmage

I'd carry a shield if you don't need mods on a spellbook. I haven't played in a long time now, but the joat parry kicks in very randomly. I've parried 3 hits in a row by just being human. It's very nice for the odd times when you can cast your spell without being fizzled too. As well, obviously the shield helps with DCI, so yeah.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it really depends on what the rest of your suit is.

If you have all the other mods you need with empty hands, I'd go sheild and stack some DCI.

But you can make some interesting templates with spellbooks + skill, fcr, etc.

R

RichDC

I think it really depends on what the rest of your suit is.

If you have all the other mods you need with empty hands, I'd go sheild and stack some DCI.

But you can make some interesting templates with spellbooks + skill, fcr, etc.
Well this char is factions so using the orny and crystaline for casting, folded steel and aof for DCI.

I dont really need the DCI from the book or shield, at the moment i use a 12DCI bloodwood shield mainly for the HPR. Was just wondering in a tight spot, should i be dropping the shield or book(im hoping to aquire the SL event book)

K

kaylun

Hey guys sorry if its off topic but I cant find a fast way in forums to level my wrestling I found a post on fast leveling parry . Can one of you gurus please tell me a fast way to level wrestling? Thanks in advance

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
get a golem, equip a fishing pole, tell the golem all stay, stand directly on top of golem, punch golem for several hours.

If its a new character start with 50 wrestle and equip jewelry to get you to 70 or better.

K

kaylun

Thanks Lynk. Do I have to have 70 tinkering on the character to use a golem or can my tinker character give my mage the golem cant remeber how golems work? Just wonder if I have to raise tinkering to 70 on my mage before I can use this golem method?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need tinkering to control a golem, just need it to repair a golem. You won't do any damage with a fishing pole equipped so repairs won't be needed.

K

kaylun

Thanks for info Lynk doing it now I actualy knew all this info a couple years ago but 2 or 3 years away and its forgotten I started playing in late 97 or 98 cant remeber. Kind of wish they would crunch the servers down some way so there would be some population in these ghost towns I started on Great Lakes and I remeber when there was hundreds of people at the bank most anytime and people would camp a small idoc for days not a couple people but many and fight to the death to place that was before gaa Trammel came along. Trammel actually ruined uo it just tokk a few years to stop kicking