• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wow...things have changed...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since the last time I popped in...

All the thieves, crates, detectives and beggars all grouped together...yikes.

So what is new in the world of thieving? How many folks regularly play thief character who actually spend their time stealing from other players?

Just curious...I may have some free time on my hands in the future so I wanted to see what was happening in UO...la

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Welcome back, Rico. I rolled a thief on Siege a year or so back (inspired, like so many, by the tales of folk like Chad and yourself) and now that's all I do.

My play time is inconsistent, but when I do play, it's my thief. Come play sometime.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still trying to figure out if I'll start playing again. It couldn't hurt to come hang out here while I'm making up my mind :) ...la

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Siege there is no more than a handful of thieves at the moment. There's plenty of room for you to come back.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never understood what a forum setup had to do with actual game play. Its simple. Log on and alleviate people of the burden of having to carry their goods. What other adventurers do isn't your concern. Unless, of course, they have goods to acquire.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never understood what a forum setup had to do with actual game play.
I suppose you haven't been around long enough to remember the way the original Thief forum at Stratics was.

Besides being one of the most active forums on all of Stratics...there was a lot of fun to be had...by thieves about thieves.

When changes in the game made stealing items off the floor a profitable business and the forum became inundated with questions related to anything but stealing from players. The original thieves that posted here were penalized for wanting to discuss thieving not "crating". After a few years of that they split the thief forums up into two distinct forums...all was well.

Just a little surprised they put them back together...that's all.

That's Stratic's call, so be it...la