• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wow, that beta client is horrible.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I decided to actually log on and try the beta client...what rubbish.

i know its beta, but uo.com says its the enhanced client! :eyes: god I hope not...i mean who likes it?

V

Vyal

beta client, whats this beta client?
Thats been gone for months.

T

Tay M'real

I think the client is great and I am able to operate and do more with a cleaner interface then I could ever do with the classic client + 2d.

It does take some getting used to but I think it's great.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
beta client, whats this beta client?
Thats been gone for months.
UO.com...return to brit....need a client....enhanced beta client....

Learn what your talking about before you speak to me.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you be more specific about one thing you don't like? Or is this a religious opinion?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Such attitude for a nonplayer :mad:
Hrm, maybe, just maybe you didnt see the part where I said I tried the new client...maybe that should hint to you that I was going to try it out and see if I liked it....such attitude from a high and mighty.....:thumbdown:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could you be more specific about one thing you don't like? Or is this a religious opinion?
Well I went back and looked at it...some things I liked.. Like the skills windows and the UI(well kinda). I also liked the weather effects and moongates.

But the graphics got me all like wtf. Choppy animations, flickering static items and horrible paperdolls....I downloaded teh client off of uo.com...if there is a better one let me know and Ill try that one.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the right spot to dl it... from uo.com. Takes a long time to patch up.

Yes, there is flickering on some things like soulstones and braziers, but the client is still in beta and that's the least of the problems. If you look past some of that, you will see that this client has lots to offer.
It's like when you first load up 2D you're like how do I cast this, how do I do that. Same thing with EC. If you set up the macros. I mean REALLY spend some time with it... you will discover how it has a whole lot of modern abilities and easy ways to train/cast/craft.

I happen to love the paperdoll. The stance is a little weird for males, but the women look HOT!. I'm sure they will add varieties of stances. There are varieties of faces from the bodysculptor after all.
Yes, the objects are tiny in the paperdoll slots and in pack, but this is a minor thing that the devs can adjust once they are done making the thing SOLID.

Warning.... this client as is requires some heavy duty video card specs. Ironic, no? Well, at least till they are done tweaking it.

Really give it a shot. Look at this site to learn how to make the macros. No macros = horrible experience.
http://www.spellweave.com/saclientuserguide.html

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as I know, thats the best there is, the only one there is.
Yeah, the hearths, the candelabras, that stuff will all give ya motion sickness after a while.
I like it as a step above what KR was...just keep telling yourself
It's only a beta
It's only a beta

:)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stolen from Hildebrand's siggy:

3)Right-click to auto loot item(s).

was told to me that this does not work on treasure chests, have others experienced this?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are instances you can't right click. Not sure if it's intended.
If a necro spirit speaks a corpse or animates it... then you have to actually drag the loot. Not sure about treasure chests since I'm not a T-hunter.
But... the grid view sure helps when there is a lot of junk to look through!

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im stuck with it..can't get 2 d to load. I have to say that I am getting used to it and it has some promise. I sometimes still quite early cause of frustration.
Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out soon.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

stolen from Hildebrand's siggy:

3)Right-click to auto loot item(s).

was told to me that this does not work on treasure chests, have others experienced this?
My guess is this would be intended for the simple fact that each click and drag of an item has a chance of spawning a monster, I mean I guess they could make it to where it auto loots everything and you summon a dozen or so AW all at once :p.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2d clients always been that way ;p

When has EA ever been able to pull off a decent secondary client. Third Dawn-Kingdom Reborn-Enhanced Client= 3 strikes at trying to make a new client for UO. UO is to much of Niche market for anything else to actually work.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2d clients always been that way ;p

When has EA ever been able to pull off a decent secondary client. Third Dawn-Kingdom Reborn-Enhanced Client= 3 strikes at trying to make a new client for UO. UO is to much of Niche market for anything else to actually work.
You can't count EC as a third strike, it's in beta. KR is a second strike due to the whole move of the Origin guys from Austin to Virginia and then merging with Mythic. It really screwed things up. KR got rushed out the door as Darkscribe went out the door.
But EC isn't out yet. They are polishing it. Albeit slowly.
I'm not giving the Dev's an easy out. They have a loooong way to go, unfortunately in their minds they think this think is done. They don't get it.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im stuck with it..can't get 2 d to load. I have to say that I am getting used to it and it has some promise. I sometimes still quite early cause of frustration.
Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out soon.
Yeah the droppin of your tankard of ale has got to be annoying :pint: :heart: