• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] WOW Now Here Is A Sick Swords/Tamer/Chiv Ring

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Starting This At 100M

Buy Out: None Currently

Will Be Located On Atlantic

Ends 11-1 11:59 Pm East

5 Minute Rule Applies

Good Luck

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have not read up on all the new tags but is antique one that decays rather fast from damage?

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have not read up on all the new tags but is antique one that decays rather fast from damage?
Yeah it will decay faster.... but unless your pvping 24/7 your going to get a good long use out of it specially on a chiv tamer. Your pet protects :) jewelery takes the least amount of damage over everything as well...

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it will decay faster.... but unless your pvping 24/7 your going to get a good long use out of it specially on a chiv tamer. Your pet protects :) jewelery takes the least amount of damage over everything as well...
Doesn't it passively wear down at an alarming rate when in battle mode - even if not directly hitting anyone? (IE: using a pet)

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't it passively wear down at an alarming rate when in battle mode - even if not directly hitting anyone? (IE: using a pet)
Tested this theory just to clear it up for you and anyone that was curious.

I just put 2 antique jewels on left myself in "War mode" for an hour there was no decay on durability.

I then tested it this with actually attacking something, sat there in battle mode with the pet not doing damage. No durability loss while in combat mode with an enemy

I think tested beating on the pet, hitting and getting hit the durability seems to begin to go down

I then tested just me casting on the pet doing damage to it but not hitting them with melee nor getting hit. No Durability loss.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a tamer/mage friend that has antique pieces (2 armor, 1 ring). She has to repair them twice a day usually. Doing a champ spawn is usually enough to halve the dur on the ring. I have a sampire with antique jewelry, and after a champion spawn my jewelry is usually below 100 dur.

YMMV, but be careful basing suits around antique pieces, even as a tamer/caster.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I have a tamer/mage friend that has antique pieces (2 armor, 1 ring). She has to repair them twice a day usually. Doing a champ spawn is usually enough to halve the dur on the ring. I have a sampire with antique jewelry, and after a champion spawn my jewelry is usually below 100 dur.

YMMV, but be careful basing suits around antique pieces, even as a tamer/caster.
This is a pvp ring. Not spawner. lol

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested this theory just to clear it up for you and anyone that was curious.

I just put 2 antique jewels on left myself in "War mode" for an hour there was no decay on durability.

I then tested it this with actually attacking something, sat there in battle mode with the pet not doing damage. No durability loss while in combat mode with an enemy

I think tested beating on the pet, hitting and getting hit the durability seems to begin to go down

I then tested just me casting on the pet doing damage to it but not hitting them with melee nor getting hit. No Durability loss.
That's good to know. Thanks for testing and posting the results :)

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.... That's not the same result I got when testing. I simply spammed weaken on my warhorse and I lost 4 durability on my antique ring in less than 1 minute.... I've since learned that it's probably a timer just like the old ephemeral property so the 1 minute is misleading (might be 5-6) or some such... but Casting and not dealing / taking damage definitely took away durability... Thread I'd noted this in even before this post..... POST #1

http://community.stratics.com/threads/would-a-dev-pls-explain-exactly-how-antique-works.324362/

The ring is BEAST for the right template.. and I'd personally use it in PvP but I still want to nail down exactly how Antique functions etc...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
JUst looking at how my crimson cincture VvV is dropping, I dont know to be honest...
I'll do some testings on my side and let you know.
Sweet ring sure, but yea Antique ~6 months ?

I just got a sick 60 skills legendary antique ring off a dark guardian in doom, looks like all the ubber stuff is now antique...

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm i casted on a regular horse and it didnt take anything it only seemed to take it when i was hitting the horse and it was hitting me. Ill have to test it out more.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Current Offer is 200M Via Icq From Deimos he claims to have lost his stratics PW :(