• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wow mirror images flag you now!?

M

Mikeee

Ok so Pub 58 F'd so much stuff up its not even funny.

Please see my thread about how my red archer is now randomly human.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=133971

Now I noticed the other night that when summoning mirror images that my guildmates would AUTO attack on them and dispell/kill them. Today I summoned one in guard zone and a guard popped out to kill one...then the other one 'auto flagged' on the guard and I got guard whacked.

Please fix these bugs already!! Thankfully I wasn't heavily equipped at the time.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far this is the only bug I found from pub 58.
A blue mirror will attack pks, a red mirror will attack blues.

Needs to be fixed.

S

Sebrina

Thanks for the heads-up on that one. I would be freaking out - "Doh, What happened?"

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the heads-up on that one. I would be freaking out - "Doh, What happened?"
Yeah, if the red mirror attacks a blue in the GZ, the player whom the mirror belongs will will get guard wacked.

If your own mirror attacks the red, you will be flagged to them.

Basically our mirror images are acting like wild pets who attack anything and we suffer the consequences.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Ack..dang how many bugs did this last publish create..please tell me this is a bug and not something they changed and forgot to tell us.

S

Sweeney

Mirror images were supposed to be copies made to fool other players/mobs. This is probably a bug, they weren't meant to be summoned typed that actually attacked (They die in one hit).

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your mirror images works like EV and Blade Spirits now. They attack anyone as long as the normal EV flagging rule applies. If you went red accidentally and your images flagged 5 blues and they all suicide you will get 5 murder counts.

R

RichDC

The elf-human bug is cool, ive worked out how its done and to be honest it doesnt seem as though through normal game play it could be "accidently" done.

The mirror images do need to be fixed, they shouldnt flag...i understand why they changed what they were attempting to fix (a red's mirror image would be blue) but to make them aggressors puts them kinda useless on my thief now.

D

DarkScripture

I think the attacking Mirror Images are due to the changes in the AI of Mirror Images. They are supposed to "act" like a player. Keeping others from seeing the real one right off. Doing this made them 'SMART' if you will. These new images have a mind of their own, but you suffer the consequence of THEIR actions. They follow the rules of Red & Blue NPCs. Attacking opposites on site. The change before may have the biggest effect. The pet flagging shared notority. NPC-Mirror Images + Shared Noto + AI = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117108/..
He could not control his clones!!!!
Can you?

R

RichDC

The patch notes didnt mention AI it was about alignment, reds casting blue mirrors then when the attacking player hit the target they would flag on the blue images and be grey.

Its a stupid bug, they are meant to absorb an attack, they arent meant to attack.

D

DarkScripture

"they are meant to absorb an attack, they arent meant to attack"
This of course is the bug part.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mirror images are a waste of time anyway. I'd like to see them amped up a bit. let them attack, and actually do some damage. Keep them as one hit kills, but at least let us ninjars use them to give damage too...la

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Can blues still kill them in Tram rule set facets with summons/area damage?

Edit:
Nm, just checked they can, so their still useless for any kind of event or group activity.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't mind them attacking if they wouldn't make us suffer for their actions.