• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WoW is cool, except for

B

Big Mac

the stupid looting system.

Why can't they just make so when we kill Boss X, everyone gets something? I could receive a boot from it, and my friend receives a wand from it. There is no rolling. There is "NO" NEED. There is "NO" GREED. There are no arguments about someone rolling "need" and people leaving in the middle of a dungeon and being unable to advance any further.

Like:

Me = druid. From Boss X, I could get something for my feet. It could be leather. GREAT! I can wear it (or sell it to npc if it is not better than the one I am currently using). Or it could be plate or mail which
I cannot equip...then being soulbound of course, I would have to sell it to an NPC.

My friend = warlock. She gets her own personalized reward from Boss X from the same kill. It's a chest piece. If it's cloth...GREAT! If not, it goes to NPC vendor.

Rewards given should be randomized from the boss's loot pool and something from it should be given to each player.

Are there any mmorpgs that do this?

J

jokerjester

well everything must get their own fair share. If you know that your party mates need the equip that you picked up maybe you could just swap with him...

In the MMORPG Atlantica Online we could set the loots to Random so that if someone picks up the item it would go to a random person in the party.

Also during quests if u need to pick up X number of items the items would be evenly distributed to the party so that everybody has their own fair share...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantica looks to be one of those cheap Korean fly-by-night MMOs with no real substance.

You're welcome to it all.

J

jokerjester

Atlantica looks to be one of those cheap Korean fly-by-night MMOs with no real substance.

You're welcome to it all.
hey that's not fair. why the negativity even though you havent tried the game...

at first i thought it is going to be another cheap game because it is f2p but after installing it i was blown away by the details and graphics. The quest and storyline is superb and the game plays like an old school MMORPG with its turn based battle system and the amount of quest and things to do. You really get your moneys worth...

and its not just a fly by night MMO. it garnered numerous awards because of its innovative battle system.

well for me this game is a lot better than the mindless WOW - clones released out in the market.

and before trashing me i would like to add that this game IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY. its for fans who would like to engage in a nice storyline once in a while and a break from the mindless grinding which makes other MMOs tiring to play.

P

Phadme

hey that's not fair. why the negativity even though you havent tried the game...

at first i thought it is going to be another cheap game because it is f2p but after installing it i was blown away by the details and graphics. The quest and storyline is superb and the game plays like an old school MMORPG with its turn based battle system and the amount of quest and things to do. You really get your moneys worth...

and its not just a fly by night MMO. it garnered numerous awards because of its innovative battle system.

well for me this game is a lot better than the mindless WOW - clones released out in the market.

and before trashing me i would like to add that this game IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY. its for fans who would like to engage in a nice storyline once in a while and a break from the mindless grinding which makes other MMOs tiring to play.

You said it! I'm an atlantica player also, I'm not into a turn based game before it quite boring for me, but when my friend encourage me to play the game It proves me wrong... the game has a lot of special features that it can offer to players like us... they had a lot of activities aside from grinding.. I tried some of its features like free league, auction, Betting crafting ,fishing and a lot more... then I enjoying it... maybe some just said it's cheap but they haven't play the game...Wow also is one of the famous game nowadays,but i'm still hooked with atlantica..

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all the whining kids. There, I finished your sentence for ya. :D In all seriousness, I never had any interest in the game. The kids yelling at one another on the videos I've seen are just ridiculous. Apparently the game play is good though. :sleep2:

00saturday00

the stupid looting system.

Why can't they just make so when we kill Boss X, everyone gets something? I could receive a boot from it, and my friend receives a wand from it. There is no rolling. There is "NO" NEED. There is "NO" GREED. There are no arguments about someone rolling "need" and people leaving in the middle of a dungeon and being unable to advance any further.
this.
but i think not all mmorpg are like this. there's a tons of it in the net and just waiting for you to find them. :)