• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wouldn't it be nice if...

J

jennnnny

More new items were introduced to the game. I know, I know.. there's a ton of changes and new things going on. EA-Land, economies, ATMs, custom content, etc.

I'm talking more like small items. A new clothing item, a different floor or wallpaper, a new kind of plant, etc. Maybe even have a new item every week? This would be 52 new items a year, but spread it around to all the different categories and it wouldn't really be horrible.

I also have no problem removing content that no one uses. There should be some type of audit the developers can do and if a certain floor tile is used by only two people, get rid of the old and in with the new.

I know we're starting to have custom content and while I think that is nice, it's just not for everyone.

New item of the week would keep things fresh. I have to admit that I went away for a couple years and when I came back, it seemed like nothing had really changed. I was disappointed when there wasn't much that was new.

Just an idea I think would be nice.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

This is a fantabulous idea, I have to admit that my custom content skills are not...state of the art
I would love to see some new accessories, though.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Well I see what your saying...but isn't that what custom content is doing?

As it is now you can only buy catalog items from a store, so you have to go shopping regardless. You can usually buy anyone's items, and eventually it will be more than chairs and sculptures. Not only that but I'm sure, with just chairs and sculptures alone we have more than 52 new items throughout ea land...

I honestly would rather see the devs work on other things, and leave the new items to the many sims so willing to create them.

J

jennnnny

Quote Pi: I agree with you that custom content will be changing how things work, but I'm also talking about things like floors, walls, other build mode items, clothing and other things.

I agree with fixing problems first, but a paint chip here, carpet sample there... couldn't be that hard. This is more of a long-term suggestion.

G

We haven't even begun to see what CC will do. I'd imagine soon enough we WILL be able to upload our own clothes, floors, walls, etc. Once we get the power to script objects, we will be able to make ANY items we want. I don't really see the need for EA to upload objects when we have the power to do it ourselves, other than a few exceptions which include anniversary gifts, rares, etc...

G

...all I want is a "put over knee and spank" interaction...oh..yeah, and cream bear suits for male sims

G

Personally I think it would be hilarious if they allowed us to create custom clothes with the exception that cream bear suits are off limits.

Does that make me a bad person?

KIDDINGGGGG...I belive in equal opportunities for all bears.