• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would you like to see Trammel go?

Would you like to see Trammel go?

• Yes, Trammel should be abolished!

Votes: 69 30.1%
  • No, most parts of the land should be PK-free!

Votes: 160 69.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted "Yes"...
Not because I want to see Trammel gone, but the anti-trammel folk are losing this vote so badly, I feel sorry for them ;)

I almost voted yes, not because i want trammel gone, or because i feel sorry for the anti-trammel crowd, but because it might finally make me close my account :p

L

Lore Master

what I'm saying is.

Ok read closely

Tram rulesets..... pretty much the way they are

Fel rulesets....no insurance, player stealing(via skill use), etc...

I think that you would have to put some ps spawns in trammel for the folks

and put some reward with the risk for fel (besides the pvp action)

and have the yin with the yang

seperate facets with seperate rules. pretty simple

I'd like to see fel be where people ran around fighting with gm (or leg) made arm + weps again. The kind that don't take runics or junk, just made by the crafter from in game materials collected.

They'd still be open to use the elite gear, but they'd be open to lose it too

My main agenda is to remove insurance (in fel) and to revamp the thief class again, while upping the use of gm crafted weps and armor
if they removed insurance from fel no one but the true pvpers or true thiefs would go to fel. if you think fel doesn't have enough players now watch what happens if they implement the no insurance thing in fel and see how much more lonely fel would be. sounds like you should play seige no offense.

C

Coppelia

I vote for removing Felucca. Yes, landmass and all. And break the knees of the players of all the Felucca inhabitants with a ball-peen hammer. Then abandon them to starvation in the desert with panties on their heads.

Ok, j/k. Guys, seriously, Trammel is Felucca bis, except for PvP rules. If somebody choose Trammel rather than Felucca, that's not because the sun is brighter, that's not because the NPCs are sexier, you know it that's because they prefer its PvP rules. Face it.

Another thing. The Feluccan PvP system is crappy. Red, blue, all the same. What a failure for a system calling them "murderers". So, excuse me, but when I want to play a "PvP everywhere" MMORPG, I play Lineage 2. Thank you very much.

Y

Yalp

No one is "afraid" of anything.

The majority of people just prefer not to have anything to do with UO PvP.

It's not a hard concept to understand. I'm not sure where you're getting this fear thing from.
Righto there Graham.. no one is afraid to die in a game.. people just plain don't want to die to cheating hacking pk's. Dying to a mob vs. dying to a hacking pk? I'll take the mob any day and twice on Sunday. A blind man can see its causing the death of fel.

There are options for playing w/o tram.. as wiser posters have already stated.. it's called Seige. If you want to live on a shard w/o tram.. you have the means.. right there on your little ol' keyboard... move to Seige. I am dumbfounded that a poll would be created asking such nonsense.

Y

Yalp

I vote for removing Felucca. Yes, landmass and all. And break the knees of the players of all the Felucca inhabitants with a ball-peen hammer. Then abandon them to starvation in the desert with panties on their heads.
good one!

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I've been around since beta, and I feel the best thing that could happen would be to revert back to pre-AOS.

The other problem is the addition of worlds/facets. Every time another facet is added, it spreads the population out further, and never really increases the player base enough to fill up the areas with anything other than housing.

Go back to pre-AOS when everyone was either on Trammel or Fel, and we had tons of players, so we had constant interaction amongst players. The only thing I like about Luna is the ability to do all my shopping within a small area. If I don't need anything from one of the shops, then I do all my banking at either Brit in Tram or Skara in Fel. I still try to not shop often in Luna.

In other words, I don't feel that we need Fel rulesets applied to Tram in order to re-create socialization. That could be done by changing a lot of the game characteristics back to pre-AOS. For instance repair deeds, that all but wiped out the interaction between smiths and the rest of the player base. When was the last time you saw a smith hanging out in Brit working his skills, repairing items, and selling their wares? Or a miner hanging out at the bank selling ingots? Or carpenters hanging out selling their wares? Or anyone other than someone with uber rares and equipment spamming at the Luna Bank?

Everything is so easy to do in this game now because of the changes to item properties. Everyone has a house to work in, so no need to go use the city shops. Tons of dungeons added means that you can hunt in some dungeons and not see anyone for hours. Adding new dungeons that require groups or massively uber chars to enter haven't helped either (what happened to the old method of dungeons where you would have harder levels as you progressed through it? Now you drop into a dungeon and get nailed right at the entrance (Bedlam comes to mind), or you have to fight really hard creatures just to get into the dungeon (Fan Dancers). I think it's great to add content for us older players, but I can't imagine trying to start out from scratch the way it is now. Before you had people actually helping people, lots of fun guild events.

Want a Fel addition? Bring back Chaos and Order to the game. Not really sure why they ever did away with that one. It only affected players that wanted to PVP in the Tram ruleset, and it was by choice.

I think AOS stood for Anti-social Operation of Sosaria.

Fel rulesets aren't what need to be addressed.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
if they removed insurance from fel no one but the true pvpers or true thiefs would go to fel. if you think fel doesn't have enough players now watch what happens if they implement the no insurance thing in fel and see how much more lonely fel would be. sounds like you should play seige no offense.
It that statement if proven true, would just verify something I've felt...The PvPers are as Care Bear as everyone else...they just don't want to admit it..

E

Eslake

Fel rulesets....no insurance, player stealing(via skill use), etc...

without having to deal with the SP ruleset
What exactly do you think the ruleset on SP is?

SP = Fel Rules with No Insurance.
We already have that choice.

The only other difference in rules is the skill gains on SP being ROT. And every one of us who play there have had to develop our character under it, so don't expect any sympathy if you want to use that as an excuse to stay on a shard with rules you so obviously don't like. ;)

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

I voted no
I have a house in fel... I have nothing against fel.
but being pk'd is not really my idea of fun..
doing spawns or even living in fel has that risk and thats were i'll risk it but to have my crafters out there I'll pass thanks.

If Pkers were not jerks or hackers (not say ALL are but alot are) then i'd be all for it , but sadly alot are and those are the ones ruining game play for alot of people... Now I'm not saying they cant attack me, but calling me a noob cause they killed me in one shot is very lame.

A

Aboo

. . . Most of the people arguing against it, have never even played under the old rulesets, so they could never understand. The people who were around and actually playing from 97-early 2000ish know. . . .
I'm one of those who have played since 1997. I didn't buy an account, I opened it the day UO went on sale in the stores. I've had the same account (and added others) the entire time and it has been active the entire time.

I am arguing against it because it's a stupd thing to do. Like I said before there is a reason why Trammel was created and, in my opinion, it helped keep a great many people from quitting UO. I know for a fact that had they not invented Trammel I would be gone and I know MANY people who feel the same. Argue all you want, Trammel is the facet that has people on it. Felucca is the ghost facet.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a great idea, maybe they should make a shard with that type of rule set for all the land mass. Maybe we can give it a name too, something catchy- how about ‘Siege’. Then any player who wants to play that way can. I’m sure that would be a good way to see how many players want to play on that type of shard and how many don’t.

Tram rules have been around for almost 9 of the 11 years, obviously people seem to want them.

A

Aboo

What a great idea, maybe they should make a shard with that type of rule set for all the land mass. Maybe we can give it a name too, something catchy- how about ‘Siege’.
What a great idea!
:danceb:

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly do you think the ruleset on SP is?

SP = Fel Rules with No Insurance.
We already have that choice.

The only other difference in rules is the skill gains on SP being ROT. And every one of us who play there have had to develop our character under it, so don't expect any sympathy if you want to use that as an excuse to stay on a shard with rules you so obviously don't like. ;)

You can have five to seven chars in Fel and one on SP per account. I would say that's a pretty big difference.

The Tram/Fel debate is useless. Trammel should have been monster free when it went live, that would have been an ideal compromise. It won't be changed now, people who play there are happy with it.

A

Aboo

Trammel should have been monster free when it went live, that would have been an ideal compromise. It won't be changed now, people who play there are happy with it.
Why is that? I can't for the life of me figure out why it should have been monster free.

S

ShadowJack

SP isn't the same.

I actually enjoy 5 char slots

I don't like my items breaking after few uses

ROT

And less users

I play on atl and cats because that is where I've always played. Probably before most of you knew what UO was.

I'm just one of the few left over people that actually used to ENJOY the game, and don't like the way it's gone. I think it's fine that trammel exists, I'm more concerned with pvp changes, but that doesn't mean I don't like playing in trammel on a crafter or to sell things, or just to have a change of scenery. But yeah, I would like to play under a pre-aos ruleset without having to move to another shard, that isn't that great imo. Personally I think Atl is the best shard and would rather play there than anywhere. But I will always have Catskills chars because of friendships made over 10 years ago. There are still a couple left.

Pretram was great, exciting and fun...and more dangerous than fel is now. Trammel didn't hurt things that much, it just split up the players some, but for some folks that was perfect for them. Fine..

But the aos ruleset with insurance, and the complete devistation of pvp thieves, it just put a pink skirt and blue bow on fel.

And I'm always going to fight for the thief class. They got out of hand at one point like cockroaches, just stealing and gate hopping, and crossing server lines, but to the good thieves, they were as bad as crates.

If insurance were gone, we could fight with cheap weps that you might care to lose slightly, but you can always make, get another from your house/bank, or buy one. Disarm thieving was great, we starting taking weps away from everyone, they moved up to halberds and hammers and broke out the mages. We'd snoop the packs, and the mages would have to divide their regs, warriors the bandies. Combat thieves were very effective, but by far the most powerful class. People fuss about rezz killing, my thief was kos for years by many.

Anyhow, I have stuff to do so I'll quit ranting

Pre-aos fel.....fun
Post-aos fel....completely different game and not as fun, no thieves.

THE END

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The main argument for Tram was the constant killing of crafters. Opening up tram without monsters would have 1. Made crafting/resource gathering pain free there and 2. Kept farming down a bit, keeping dungeons dangerous places to go. Which they aren't now.

Remember this happened 8+ years ago so all points are moot but I remember at the time the desire for placing big housing plots outweighed everything else about the trammel move for a lot of players, so many people were keen for the move.

The community suffered due to the diaspora of players and the economy was worsened by risk free farming. The split was welcomed by many but it could have been better thought out to benefit everyone in the long run.

A

Aboo

The main argument for Tram was the constant killing of crafters. Opening up tram without monsters would have 1. Made crafting/resource gathering pain free there and 2. Kept farming down a bit, keeping dungeons dangerous places to go. Which they aren't now.

Remember this happened 8+ years ago so all points are moot but I remember at the time the desire for placing big housing plots outweighed everything else about the trammel move for a lot of players, so many people were keen for the move.

The community suffered due to the diaspora of players and the economy was worsened by risk free farming. The split was welcomed by many but it could have been better thought out to benefit everyone in the long run.
My personal belief is that one of the reasons that Trammel was created because people were sick of PKs and MANY people left UO because of them. The killing of crafters was another.

Keeping monsters in Felucca would not have helped with the PK situation.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wish someone on the dev team would read this thread and think to themself, hmm uo was much better without tram alright lets do it and they implement felucca ruleset into tram malas and tokuno just as on siege perilous without considering players input, that really would make me smile :)

S

ShadowJack

me too, and a lot of pks would be suprised at what 10 angry crafters could do (well they could if they had 7 skills instead of 5ish) I remember snooping a guy mining one time and he chased me all the way to brit and almost killed me 5 times, it was really exciting. Some crafters used to be able to handle a decent fight, and 4 of those would kill someone quickly.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My personal belief is that one of the reasons that Trammel was created because people were sick of PKs and MANY people left UO because of them. The killing of crafters was another.

Keeping monsters in Felucca would not have helped with the PK situation.
Yes a lot of people were sick of pks. i remember riding from Britain to Vesper in Trammel the day it appeared. I left Britain thinking oh great no pks! I arived in Vesper thinking um is that it then?

I just wish they would get rid of those stupid blocking gravestones in fel.

C

Connor_Graham

that really would make me smile :)
Right up until you got the form letter email the next day notifying you that UO would be shutting down in 30 days due to 80% of the playerbase quitting over night, right?

:coco:

S

ShadowJack

Trammel was made when people still played on dialup and when cable/dsl started getting in every home, the dialup people had no chance. I remember buying cable just to play uo

S

ShadowJack

Right up until you got the form letter email the next day notifying you that UO would be shutting down in 30 days due to 80% of the playerbase quitting over night, right?

:coco:

They'd come back. Or not leave.

Some would but it'd be like 34.2% compared to the 70% of cancled players that came back.

C

Connor_Graham

You just go right on believing that. It's just a good thing that EA/Mythic doesn't believe that or we wouldn't still be playing UO today.

S

ShadowJack

You just go right on believing that. It's just a good thing that EA/Mythic doesn't believe that or we wouldn't still be playing UO today.
Yeah you would, on trammel.

And to the people who've played here since the begining would be playing both instead of not at all.

C

Coppelia

I thought that having more than one character was what killed community!
Somebody lied to me :(

I love UHall theories, but it appears there's a different idea of what should be UO for every player.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The size of rolleyes smiley I would need to convey my answer to this poll is unavailable, so I simply chose "no".

S

ShadowJack

I thought that having more than one character was what killed community!
Somebody lied to me :(

I love UHall theories, but it appears there's a different idea of what should be UO for every player.
Very very true (on the chars and the players)

I still think having more than one is better. two or three at least 8 or 9 if you had as many on one account as you needed without buying a 2nd

lol

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite honestly I had a rough weekend so maybe I am a bit slow but I am totally confused by what you are trying to say to me in your response.

Let me put it a bit less confusing to you. If there had not been a Trammel I would have been gone a LONG time ago and I would not have a 11 year account and a 10 year account.

If there comes a time where the Felucca ruleset is applied to Trammel I will be gone. I know many people who would feel the same.

If you have to apply a ruleset, apply Trammel to Felucca so it will become populated again. All those who wish to play with the Felucca ruleset can go to SP. If you don't like this idea, that is how people who play on Trammel feel about this ridiculous suggestion that was originally posted.
I was not confused by your reply, I got it.

I was saying that the Felucca people are saying your WRONG, you would have STAYED all the while, you LOVE Felucca, you LOVE being PK'd, you HATE Trammel. Just read the OP he says clearly YOU LOVE FELUCCA RULES.

I could have said they are so seriously in total denial as to their MINORITY status they are no longer worth talking to. As in there can be NO serious discussion with people so totally in denial as to their portion of the population.

Again, I say:

Make this a Straight up and down referendum on The Felucca Rule Set. If it is the LOSER then eliminate it. Put Trammel Rules on the Felucca side. That is after all the intent and purpose of the OP, to ELIMINATE THE TRAMMEL RULE SET. So turn about is only fair, proportional and appropriate.

Make this a CLEAR REFERENDUM on how you want your UO TAX DOLLARS (AKA SUBSCRIPTION FEE(s)) spent.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't lump all fel players together please. That is racist.

R

Rubican

I think many people forget the mass exodus of players that occurred in the pre-tram days. During prime time hours, it was not unusual to get attacked just taking one foot outside GZ. To some of us this was "part of the game" though the ensuing trash talk to the helpless dead miner lead many away. The number of PK's on many shards far exceeded any rational number.

There was much talk of a "pvp switch", and after the failed (and unfair)statloss, they split the shards. Today, there just isn't a large enough player base to support all the shards/facets. I really miss running into others just wondering around. If one avoids Luna, it is possible to play all night without seeing another player.

(This reminds me, whatever happened to the "unified PvP system" advertised awile back?)

Anyways, I voted to get rid of tram.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we vote to have the thread banished to the netherworld from whence flamewars come?

S

ShadowJack

ok, one more reply then I have to go do some work before it rains.

I'm one of the players fighting to have UO restored to being UO.

For those of you who haven't played before 2003 then you don't know this isn't the same game.

I've been pkd, rezkilled, went through all the negatives, and we all did, it made us better, more talented with simple skills/items but was harder and yeah it would make you want to kick your moniter when something bad happened.

They will never get rid of trammel, or it's rulesets in trammel

But for those of us that used to love UO when it was UO and not the game it is now, at least let us keep fel. Take out the item insurance, make people who bring arties and high end gear there feel dumb by having them killed and looted, or stolen.

I know I'm arguing an old point dating back from the anti trammel days, but I've played both, and I like and know that the old way was better, I'm sure a lot of people who don't even play mmorpgs anymore know, because there isn't anything like it out there.

Keep trammel, give us fel. we can meet in the middle for fighting, trade, hunts, etc...

C

Coppelia

Don't lump all fel players together please. That is racist.
But face it, Felucca players are untermensh! :dunce:

It's a generalization, not racism. It's bad too, but not the same state of mind.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But face it, Felucca players are untermensh! :dunce:

It's a generalization, not racism. It's bad too, but not the same state of mind.
Yes indeed, I do make the Generalization. It is mostly .... well 100% poking a finger at the very very very few Felucca players that insist that their play style is the majority play style and every one else that doesnt play like them just do not realize how much they really do want to play the Felucca Ruleset.

Pointing and saying you are a serious tiny minority that exist by the good graces (partially) and oblivious of Feluccans (MOSTLY), over whelming MAJORITY of the SUBSCRIPTION DOLLARS that keep UO Running.

The Trammel PLAY STYLE SUBSCRIPTIONS can keep UO going.
The Felucca PLAY STYLE SUBSCRIPTIONS can NOT keep UO going.

Yet the very very very very few want to INSIST that the Trammel people are either TOTALLY UNAWARE OF THE FACT THEY WANT TO PLAY BY FELUCCA RULES OR they are a tiny insignificant minority compared to the FELUCCANS.

Or in short NOW is the time for Feluccans that DO NOT agree with the OP to state it clearly they do NOT AGREE. It is a given the over whelming majority of players, the Trammelians, will NOT AGREE WITH THE OP and help bring to an end this hopelessly unrealistic request to DO AWAY WITH THE TRAMMEL RULE SET noxious reoccurring rhetoric.

What is under scrutiny is IF the NON FANATICAL FELUCCANS will stand on the side of reason/reality OR will they WILLINGLY CHOOSE to put themselves in a group that can only be characterized as hopelessly fanatical and desperately out of touch with the Realities of the UO Player Base.

A

Aboo

i wish someone on the dev team would read this thread and think to themself, hmm uo was much better without tram alright lets do it and they implement felucca ruleset into tram malas and tokuno just as on siege perilous without considering players input, that really would make me smile :)
And probably cost them their jobs. I doubt that would make them smile.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't waste your time postulating. The debate is eight years out of date.
I'll continue to play on the slightly harder level while you keep on enjoying tram, lovely place that it is.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes indeed, I do make the Generalization. It is mostly .... well 100% poking a finger at the very very very few Felucca players that insist that their play style is the majority play style and every one else that doesnt play like them just do not realize how much they really do want to play the Felucca Ruleset.

Pointing and saying you are a serious tiny minority that exist by the good graces (partially) and oblivious of Feluccans (MOSTLY), over whelming MAJORITY of the SUBSCRIPTION DOLLARS that keep UO Running.

The Trammel SUBSCRIPTIONS can keep UO going.
The Felucca SUBSCRIPTIONS can NOT keep UO going.

Yet the very very very very few want to INSIST that the Trammel people are either TOTALLY UNAWARE OF THE FACT THEY WANT TO PLAY BY FELUCCA RULES OR they are a tiny insignificant minority compared to the FELUCCANS.

Or in short NOW is the time for Feluccans that DO NOT agree with the OP to state it clearly they do NOT AGREE. It is a given the over whelming majority of players, the Trammelians, will NOT AGREE WITH THE OP.

What is under scrutiny is IF the NON FANATICAL FELUCCANS will stand on the side of reason/reality OR will they WILLINGLY CHOOSE to put themselves in a group that can only be characterized as hopelessly fanatical and desperately out of touch with the Realities of the UO Player Base.
I don't think they believe they are the majority play base...I think they have the delusion that PvP is the heart and sole of UO and are not able to view the game as a whole an entire work...

UO is and always has been more than just about PvP. If you enjoy PvP fine that's ok if that's what makes you happy, just don't bash, slander, and be an all around jerk to those that don't agree. Don't try to bring everyone around to your play style it won't work, don't hope for a change in the game that would ultimately lead to UO having a mass outflux of players all because you can't respect someone else's play style unless you get to kill their characters. I'm all for changes to make Fel more enjoyable for the player base in general, but at the same time I understand that it will never be for everyone. Personally I'm in Favor of Insurance not working in Fel....while still working in Trammel...

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And probably cost them their jobs. I doubt that would make them smile.
Yes and about 24 hours after the team is FIRED the Servers get unplugged and used for some other EA game. Then he would be REALLY SMILING.

P

PixelPusher

:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser:
:loser:This thread is only begging for :drama:
:loser:so,
:loser:This thread is :lame:
:loser:but,
:loser:I still got a :postcount:
:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser:

Wow, that's more icons than I've used in all my posts combined I believe...
:hahaha:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is and always has been more than just about PvP. If you enjoy PvP fine that's ok if that's what makes you happy, just don't bash, slander, and be an all around jerk to those that don't agree. Don't try to bring everyone around to your play style it won't work, don't hope for a change in the game that would ultimately lead to UO having a mass outflux of players all because you can't respect someone else's play style unless you get to kill their characters.
Back in the first 9 months of UO, I argued with DD and others that the Dream of a UO Community being activated by the presence of Evil (which I shared and would prefer) had a MORTAL FLAW.

I characterized it this way.

You have 6 people in one group on one football field, you have 300 people on another football field.

The 6 people want to play All out, bone breaking full contact football.

The 300 want to play Flag Football.

After the 6 realize they can NOT play and they are also seriously PO'd that the 300 are haveing WAY TO MUCH FUN, they go over to the group and say they want to play as well. THEN PROCEED TO BREAK EVERY ONES BONES TO SHOW THEM JUST HOW MUCH FUN THEY WERE MISSING.

In short, the MORTAL FLAW IS this, the very very very few have no concept or understanding that there is a line, that when crossed, they are NOT JUST hurting THE PLAYER behind the character, they ARE HURTING EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME. These people simply DO NOT GET IT. They in every sense of the word believe the OTHER PLAYERS ARE SIMPLY CLEVER NPC's, NOT REAL PEOPLE.

That if ONE does NOT actively REMOVE THESE PLAYERS then the DREAM IS DEAD. And the only one that COULD REMOVE THEM IN REALITY IS / WAS OSI. Not the players as the players have ZERO means to remove an account.

C

Canucklehead73

It is such a complex issue, I find it hard to vote on this, I find myself wanting some sort of alterative...

I like tram and fel... Both have thier pros and cons.

The main reason UO failed without tram is the constant fighting, it is one aspect of online gaming for sure, but without rulesets it is the one aspect of UO that can be forced onto others.

You can't really walk into a crowd of PvP players and make them craft...

But you can walk into a crowd of crafters and make them fight (or at least die)

So you have one group of players who can force everyone else to play with them anytime they want, for as long as they want, with no real consequences.

Take this thread for example, think abstractly for a moment, in the old UO I could come in here and delete posts, alter your vote, and your only option would be to keep reposting the same stuff over and over and over. Until you obviously would tire of it and just give up...

There was no debating anything, PvP controlled it all, your only defense was to PvP... And people get sick of the same thing over and over and over and over... The other aspects of UO become pointless and you might as well just have a PvP server and let all the other players quit.

It is just too hard to mix playstyles when one can be forced onto the others.

S

ShadowJack

I don't see why people can't just let there be no insurance from fel. You can level up a char, then put on some cheap gear and go fight in fel and have fun. When insurance is gone, all the uber pk badguys (so they think) can go back to basic equipment and work with skills and talent.

2-3 players who aren't as good should (not everytime) but almost everytime be able to beat an advanced player every time.

I'm saying nothing to take away from the people who play in tram. I've enjoyed every part of this game except taming (had one gmd, bored me)

Fel should be the wild west to the civilized tram

the penalty for death is to lose items, maybe have one that is blessed but will wear out eventually

I like tram too. But if more of the old ways were incorported into fel now, then a lot of you would have more fun with pvp.

But my number 1 goal, is to see the thief class restored to pvp and actually able to steal something. It was balanced because we had to be clever and quick to get away or we'd be dead in two blinks.

The only way to restore the thief class, is to take out item insurance, or allow the stealing skill to ignore it past certain levels.

It wasn't even pvp, it was "try not to get killed, maybe get something of value every so often"

it was fun, ask anyone who ran a thief pre-aos

that is my only real agenda here peoples. restore fel rules to incorporate the stealing skill, or change it to where it works.

So all the huge crazy stuff I'm caught up in arguing about just comes down to that.

The fun of the thief was always MY favorite part of the game, and that was destroyed. Keep your playstyles, keep half of fel if you must (most of you seem to want fel too) but restore the class instead of limiting it to crate.

The old thief FORUMS would redirect players wanting to be a crate thief to another forum.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It is just too hard to mix playstyles when one can be forced onto the others.

Yes and Trammel was the answer to that...Thing is as time went by and players came and went everyone new was born in Trammel. They didn't learn the reality of PvP 5 minutes into the game. The only way PvP can grow is by the PvP community actually standing up and nurturing it not by trying to force it on everyone.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ShadowJack,

No one in all reality wants Felucca not even the Feluccans want Felucca.

You characterize a seemingly innocuous / simple change that you seemingly want to replace the OP's stated intent and desire to REMOVE a play style.

I think your request is but a tiny whisper against the background of a full blown Hurricane. Do you really think it has any chance of being heard?

Regardless, FOR your request to have merit, in my opinion, then the PERKS of Felucca MUST BE REMOVED or included in Trammel as well. Other wise, your still demanding that the Trammelians BE FORCED to come to your Play Style to get things that are NOW REQUIRED TO PLAY the game.

S

ShadowJack

Bringing the thief class back makes since for it to belong in fel

that's why I'm arguing it in this thread

I would more than happy to see it work in trammel too, but there would be a million thieves and mass chaos that no one wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.