• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Would you be interested in coming to the 2010 R&PMM Santa Event?

Would YOU be interested?

• Yes, totally! Love it. I’ve come before.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yes, I would be interested… and I’ve never been before.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No, I’m a grouch and hate to have fun.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are in the planning stages right now… but I would like to see if there is any interest right away before the event is set in stone.

Since December 2005, the Red & Purple Mini Mall has been hosting a Santa event to where everyone is invited to come and visit with Father Christmas at the Mini Mall, just like you would find in any mall in the free world. This event has taken place every year with the expectation of last year, due to scheduling issues. The mall was all dressed up… and roof-top garden a living holiday postcard, but we didn’t do the event. This year… great new changes have made things a little easier for this event, along with the strengthening of the overall community. For starters, this year, we have a brand new Town Banner designed by myself and Mesanna, built just near the Church of Candy. So now, officially we are no longer just a mall but we are an official town. “The Red & Purple Pixies of the Yew Wood”. That alone is something to celebrate this holiday season.

Also, new to our world… veteran reward house teleporters! This is something I have been wishing for… since we started this Santa event so many years ago. Finally, we can have a seasonal teleporter to whisk people from the front of the mall directly to the roof-top garden. Something we don’t have to remove all the vendors and make major changes 2 times inside a week. Who would do that? Not me. Not only can we use these new teleporters to save our guests some walking time… people can now travel from other houses, other facets, other malls and establishments. We can easily set up a small teleporter hub right inside the mall!

How the event works is very simple and not much changes from year to year with the exception of the decoration. We get new items ever year… I try to make the decoration fresh. We drop runes, make news announcements, now we have the general chat to help get the news out… EVERYONE is invited to come and visit with Father Christmas. The event lasts a couple hours, on a Saturday, and is fun for the masses… and tiring for the few staffers, the helpers… have it easy. Still, we need helpers this year!

Also… considering the last week’s rares event at our friends at Toad Town… maybe we could even get a special moongate set up to help visitors come to the event. I will check into this with the EMs as soon as I can.

So, please… chime in! This will be the 5th Annual Santa Event at the Original Mini Mall, the good ole Red & Purple!

The 2008 News Item:
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-atlantic/115007-%5Bnews%5D-santa-event-red-purple-saturday-december-13th.html

The First Year!

The last, 2008:

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks awesome Pixie! I'd like to help in anyway I can so just hit me up on Icq.

Great Pics btw!

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll get my reindeer and sled ready although not as good as Santa's it will make it there in anycase :) Good Job to all Involved. Happy Holidays!!

M

Mr hawk

:thumbup: Will be lots of fun!, Father Christmas!!!

Will help out where needed,
Hawk