• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

would this template work?

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone explain how deathstrike works?

template idea:
120 fencing
120 ninja
120 resspells
100 tactics
100 hiding
100 stealth
60 chiv

4/6 chiv dexxer ninja

any input appreciated.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I love Ninjas and played a lot of them for various purposes but never really built for Deathstrike as a primary part of the offense. How it works is you hit a target with it and if they move more than 5 steps they take direct damage (which yes, does mean it can be countered by them not moving, if they don't move they take around 10-15 damage) I think of it as the five point palm exploding heart technique from Kill Bill vol II (just me?... ok then). The damage is scaled based on your Ninjitsu/Hiding/Stealth skills and if you used tracking to track the target. I don't know if the damage calculation has been capped or changed but it used to be the case that a tracked target could be hit with a Deathstrike for 60 damage, most of them time though you will do about 40, I've only ever played Stealthers with 100 Hiding/80 Stealth and usually ranged (which doesn't work for it) so never bothered with DS.

Because obviously you want them to move 5 tiles combining it with Disarm is a good idea as not many people will want to stand there getting hit. Also because you're Disarming them you're probably better off having Swords and using Pick Axes (Disarm/Double Strike) so if they do stand there you can get more damage in.

I don't know what difference 80-100 Stealth makes for DS but if it's not much I would stick with 80. It does mean needing Med armour to Stealth in though.

If you're going 4/6 Chiv, I would definitely go 120 Chivalry.

I probably wouldn't bother with Resist at all and have Tactics at 90.

Other things I would consider picking up are Alchemy (100), Poisoning (80), Med (whatever left), Heal/Anat (minimum 80/80).

All that said I'm actually in the process of making one myself which is going to be; 120 Fencing, 90 Tactics, 80 Poisoning, 120 Ninjitsu, 70 Healing, 80 Anatomy, 120 Chivalry, 40 Parry. With suit all 75's, 55 LMC, 45 HCI, 20 DCI, 4/6, 25 HP, 100 RPD, 20 SSI, 10 Healing, 20 Parry. Not using DS at all but a 4/6 Chiv/Ninja all the same.

Reactions: kze

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Is there a timer on the 5 sec move? I assume something like 5 seconds?

I like the idea of tossing a big purple potion to encourage them to move. Though I've never tried to use pots in PVP (or really to pvp at all...).

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Is there a timer on the 5 sec move? I assume something like 5 seconds?

I like the idea of tossing a big purple potion to encourage them to move. Though I've never tried to use pots in PVP (or really to pvp at all...).
Yes, it's five seconds. If that elapses before they've moved 5 tiles they get hit with the weak damage. I don't know how that's calculated but seem to recall it being 10-15 maybe even less.

If you had Alchemy and Enhance Pots on there then it's viable, also Conflag/Supernova.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got something very similar to that on Siege. Or atleast working on it.

120 Fencing
100 Tac
100 Ana (May replace with alchemy)
120 Ninjitsu
80 Stealth
100 Hiding
80 Chivalry
20 Magery

Only purpose for Magery is gating using Jewelry and Scrolls.

Deathstrike damage is based off of your Ninjitsu and Stealth. I believe it is capped at 50 for PvP.

If you're making a ninja for PvP. Drop Fencing for Swords and get Bushido to 120. Then you could do a Deathstrike/Nervestrike combo. With 120 Bushido Nervestrike does an additional 25 damage on top of the bokuto damage.