• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

word of death question

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is word of death affected by spell damage increase

also is its damage influenced by the level of my spell weaving, like if i have 115 spellweaving is that going to do significantly less damage than 120, or is the damage difference too small to be noticed.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From I've read and seen, yes, WoD is affected with SDI.

The main reasons to take spellweaving as high as possible is
1) so that you don't fail as much on WoD
2)I'm pretty sure you do more damage but I'm not sure exactly how much.

Sorry to be vague, but all of Spellweaving is vague and I keep forgetting the facts. I wish it was stated on the guide once and for all.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your skill level has nothing to do with the amount of damage you will get from WOD. Someone with 95 spellweaving will do the same amount of damage as someone who is 120 if all other variables are the same. The only differance is the chance of casting the spell.

The only things that effects WOD damage is SDI, level of focus, what you cast on yourself such as being in Reaper Form and having Arcane Empowerment in effect, as well as eating a grapes of wrath. There does seem to be a cap in that I used to run around in a 97 SDI suit and when it came time to cast WOD I would cast arcane empowerment and go into reaper form. I noticed that if I ate a grapes of wrath and didn't go into reaper form I did just about as much damage as I did when in reaper form, but if I was in reaper form as well as eaten a grapes of wrath I didn't see any increase in damage.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hear that 117 is the amount i would need to cast wod 100%, i cant remember what the formula is for spellweaving cast success though (does anyone know what it is?) what would my succes rate be at 115?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think at 120, you can still fail WoD

Grapes of wrath affect SDI? I thought it's only for melee DI. Are you positive?

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually for reference i just found the information on uoherald

The newer skills behave a bit differently than magery. The minimum requirement to cast Word of Death is 80, but that doesn't mean the difficulty is 105. The value that the new spell system feeds into the skill check as the difficulty value is the minimum requirement + 12.5 skill.

- At 80 skill, you have 25% chance (which is the lowest you can make the attempt)
- At 92.5 skill you have 50% chance
- At 117.5 skill you have 100% chance

unfortunately my math isnt good enough to calculate the exact percentage

what i can see is that for every 12.5 skills i gain a 25% chance to cast word of death successfully

so its something like 25% for 12.5 skill is broken up into 2 skills or so per 1 point cause 12.5 x 2 = 25

i would guess that 115 would give me somewhere around 95% something chance to cast word of death successfully

i just cant calculate the exact amount without an equation in front of me seeing as i havnt taken a math class or used anything greater than easy algebra since the 2nd year of high school..

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as SDI is concerned, try this.

Word of Death has a base damage of 300, no more, no less.

With 62 % SDI from my suit, I would cast words of death of about 460 damage (can't remember the exact number, just add 62% to 300. The level of focus doesn't make a difference, and I do the same damage with my 95 weaver as with my 120 weaver. The skill level only affects your success rate, and the level of focus only affects the time you can begin casting WoD.

Now here's a side point. Reaper form with a level 5 focus gives you an added 20-25% (I messed up the calculations and can only estimate) SDI. Arcane empowerment also gives some (haven't measured it) SDI. Between my 62% SDI from items plus reaper form plus arcane empowerment, I have words of death that do more than 600 damage each.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in KR, it calculates the SDI for you. So when going to Reaper or Arcane empowerment, it does go up dynamically. I didn't know that the higher the focus, the higher the SDI, therefore, never checked to see how high I could go.
I can't test now.

R

RichDC

Just to clear this up, not sure if its got lost in the body of text.

Direct SDI affects the damage of WOD (i.e scrappers, crystaline, hom, reaper form, arcane empowerment)

Level of focus does nothing to the damage of WOD only the affectiveness of other spells which may boost SDI.

What focus does do to WOD is allow it to cast on your target at a higher % of there HP (so rather than having to wait for the red line hits you can cast it at about 1/8th hp)

B

BajaKurgan

i would guess that 115 would give me somewhere around 95% something chance to cast word of death successfully

i just cant calculate the exact amount without an equation in front of me seeing as i havnt taken a math class or used anything greater than easy algebra since the 2nd year of high school..
Let me help you with that...

.25*(X-80)/(12.5) + .25 where X is your current Spellweaving skill

in your example of 115 Spellweaving...

.25*(115-80)/(12.5)+.25 =
.25*35/12.5+.25 = .95 or in other words 95%.

See frostbolt, you don't even need equations, you just intuitively knew the answer was 95% :D

N

NickyDishes

i dunno bout caps and all that but i know slayers affect it also cause i wod the dark father in reaper form with a level 6 focus and sdi 75 with arcane empowerment for a total of 1035!

N

NickyDishes

sorry forgot to mention my air ele scrapper on top of that