• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Word of Death and Spell Damage Increase Modifier : What is the interaction ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does the Spell Damage Increase modifier interacts with the Spellweaving spell Word of Death ?

Is it Capped ? To what value ?

For example, say that one has 120 Spellweaving and did Circle 6 Focus, what would be the damage done by Word of Death without any Spell Damage Increase (what about Evaluate Intelligence ? Does it effect also spellweaviung like with Magery ?) and what would be the damage done with the max possible Spell Damage Increase possible ?

Is there a Table or Calculator somewhere to figure this out ?

Thanks.

M

Miraeyu

How does the Spell Damage Increase modifier interacts with the Spellweaving spell Word of Death ?

Is it Capped ? To what value ?

For example, say that one has 120 Spellweaving and did Circle 6 Focus, what would be the damage done by Word of Death without any Spell Damage Increase (what about Evaluate Intelligence ? Does it effect also spellweaviung like with Magery ?) and what would be the damage done with the max possible Spell Damage Increase possible ?

Is there a Table or Calculator somewhere to figure this out ?

Thanks.
Last time I checked the cap on WoD is 666. Amusing, huh? As far as SDI, I'm not sure how it affects WoD.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last time I checked the cap on WoD is 666. Amusing, huh? As far as SDI, I'm not sure how it affects WoD.

Really ?

So using it on very high health points target is meaningless ?

I mean, even without any SDI effect, a level 6 Focus should provide a 5% x 6 = 30% damage on the total of the target.

Since some high end monsters do have thousands of points, 666 = 30% of 2,220 points.

So, using a level 6 Focus Word of Death at 120 Spellweaving on any target with more than 2,220 points of health is a waste ??

Besides, the Word of Death damage modifier applies to the "total" health of the target or the "Current" health ?

For example, say that the total Target health is, for example, 30,000 (Dark Father).

If Word of Death is used when the Dark Father is, say, down at 1,000 hit points, will it work for the full 666 max possible or will it only work for 30% of 1,000 which is 300 ??

By the way, is there any official reference that Word of Death is Capped at 666 points somewhere ?

M

Miraeyu

Really ?

So using it on very high health points target is meaningless ?

I mean, even without any SDI effect, a level 6 Focus should provide a 5% x 6 = 30% damage on the total of the target.

Since some high end monsters do have thousands of points, 666 = 30% of 2,220 points.

So, using a level 6 Focus Word of Death at 120 Spellweaving on any target with more than 2,220 points of health is a waste ??

Besides, the Word of Death damage modifier applies to the "total" health of the target or the "Current" health ?

For example, say that the total Target health is, for example, 30,000 (Dark Father).

If Word of Death is used when the Dark Father is, say, down at 1,000 hit points, will it work for the full 666 max possible or will it only work for 30% of 1,000 which is 300 ??

By the way, is there any official reference that Word of Death is Capped at 666 points somewhere ?
I believe it goes by the total health of the target, so if a Dark Father is down to 1,000 hit points, it calculates the total health of the monster...

Here's a link to where I got my info from: http://www.uoguide.com/Word_of_Death

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sighs*

Another victim of bad documentation!

Word of death can only be cast when the victim is down to 5% health * the level of arcane focus. So if you're casting on the 30,000 hit point dark father, you can start casting word of death at 30,000 * (0.05 * 6) or 9,000 hit points.

Each word of death does exactly 300 damage or enough damage to kill your enemy, whichever is lower.

The SDI from your suit isn't limited (but I've never seen more than 100% SDI on a viable suit).

The most damage I've ever seen on a Word of Death is 1071:

Note: This was not from me, my spellweaver can't come close to that

Base damage: 300
100% SDI: 600
Add in arcane empowerment and reaper form for another massive boost in SDI (my calculations puts it at 960 with 100% SDI and the two spells, but there's no official source that can verify how the reaper form SDI and arcane empowerment SDI are calculated, so my calculations are probably wrong, it could be higher)

What we need to figure out still is just when the SDI for reaper form and arcane empowerment are calculated and what the intensities are based on your level of arcane focus (and skill level?)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno what im missing but how do you get 100 SDI?
30 Spellbook
5 Pendant
10 Spel Wooven
20 Crystal ring
12 Bracelet
12 Kasa of the raj-in

Thats a total of 89. What am i missing?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
30 Spellbook
5 Pendant
10 Spel Wooven
20 Crystal ring
12 Bracelet
12 Kasa of the raj-in

ohhhh 10 from scribe :p

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
30 Spellbook
5 Pendant
10 Spel Wooven
20 Crystal ring
12 Bracelet
12 Kasa of the raj-in

From a previous post of mine:
My char on Atlantic has the follow items:

Wizard's Crystal Reading Glasses 15 SDI
Pendant of the Magi 5 SDI
Spell Woven Britches 10 SDI Elf only
Midnight Bracers 10 SDI
Scrappers 25 SDI or invasion spellbook with 30 SDI
Crystaline Ring 20 SDI
Bracelet 12 SDI

Thats 97 SDI with Scrappers and 102 with invasion spell book. I think SDI is capped at 100.

There is the Greymist gloves and tunic that have 2 SDI each, but I wear the stichers or Armour of Fortune for LRC or Rune Beetle Carapace for LMC and regen.

The problem is the resists are pretty low.

Normally with a level 6 focus in reaper form and arcane empowerment cast, I hit in the 700+ range against peerless.

Eval and spellweaving skill has no bearing on the amount of damage WOD does. A GM spellweaver will hit for that same amount of damage as a 120 spellweaver if everything else is the same. The only difference is the 120 spellweaver will never fail at casting WOD.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
arcane empowerment ^^ depended on you focus give up to 40 sdi i believe :)

But does that only work towards Spellweaving spells or Arcane Empowerment ALSO contributed to other casting skills like Magery, Necromancy in making those spells stronger when it is cast ?

That is, can a weaver use Arcane Empowerment to boost Magery and Necromancy spells ?

R

RichDC

Just to clear up someting...

In PvM...THERE IS NO CAP ON SDI!

The only cap is the available items to boost SDI. So in theory WOD has no cap on damage, the only cap is the one we place on ourselves with items.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Details (because I forgot that you can get exact numbers with SA client)

Arcane empowerment gives me 9 SDI + 5 SDI per level of focus (up to 39 for level 6 focus, tested on a character with 119 spellweaving)

Reaper form gives me 10 SDI + 1 SDI per level of focus (up to 16 for level 6 focus, tested on the same character)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread got me interested in spellweaving. Havnt tryed it before.
Will train uone up asap, im glad the scrolls whre so cheap :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Details (because I forgot that you can get exact numbers with SA client)

Arcane empowerment gives me 9 SDI + 5 SDI per level of focus (up to 39 for level 6 focus, tested on a character with 119 spellweaving)

Reaper form gives me 10 SDI + 1 SDI per level of focus (up to 16 for level 6 focus, tested on the same character)

So a player with a level 6 Focus and in Reaper Form and with Arcane Empowerment gets automatically 39+16= 55 SDI ?

And that stacks up with whatever SDI may be on items weared/used ?

G

Gelf

Correct me if i'm wrong but dont u get 1 sdi per 10 points of INT, or is that just for magery?

T

thelust6

Bear in mind de-buffs from other sources - primarily a tamed rune beetle' Armor corruption, it slices a targets resists by half so you could tag on an extra 50% SDI there too :) x **Discording the target creature would also allow you to do more damage with WoD or any other damage dealing spell in general, it lowers a target creatures resists (and skills/stats) according to how much Musicianship and Discordance skill you have and whether you use a slayer/exceptional instrument. Happy hunting!

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread got me interested in spellweaving. Havnt tryed it before.
Will train uone up asap, im glad the scrolls whre so cheap :)

Thisd skill is really slow to train, went really fast up to GM then i only get about 0.1 each half hour :S

110.9 and counting :p