• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Word of Death and Arcane Empowerment

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Does Arcane Empowerment add damage to Word of Death?

Is there anything that adds to the damage of Word of Death (other than the power of the Crystal itself)?

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only Spell Damage Increase adds damage to WOD, spellweaving spells are not affected by slayer spellbooks. Forms/abilities that give increased SDI will also increase SDI from WOD

Colgarra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Only Spell Damage Increase adds damage to WOD, spellweaving spells are not affected by slayer spellbooks. Forms/abilities that give increased SDI will also increase SDI from WOD
Are you including Arcane Empowerment in that? According to UOGuide "Arcane Empowerment gives +14% spell damage, enhanced healing, and +2 seconds duration per additional arcanist"
So I assume that by casting Arcane Empowerment prior to WoD, then I would get at least and additional +14% damage, right?

Last edited:

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you including Arcane Empowerment in that? According to UOGuide "Arcane Empowerment gives +14% spell damage, enhanced healing, and +2 seconds duration per additional arcanist"
So I assume that by casting Arcane Empowerment prior to WoD, then I would get at least and additional +14% damage, right?
This is correct, AE will boost your WOD damage.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of WOD, does anyone know if the Spell Focusing Sash will amp up WOD damage when your spells are "attuned"? I totally forgot to try this out...now kinda curious

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of WOD, does anyone know if the Spell Focusing Sash will amp up WOD damage when your spells are "attuned"? I totally forgot to try this out...now kinda curious
Yes, it does. Use a spell like fire ball to get through the negative/low damage and use WoD on the high end.