• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

wondering about some price changes

H

HoTDeViL

I am really wondering about prices which have changed lately.

cats and dogs have a retail price of 55k and 83k now. how should people ever can afford a pet with such prices. still with 61% discount in a store they are futuristic with the payouts at jobs

my question is, why do prices go up this way. there must be a reason for ea.

G

Because there are so many in the world. You are encouraged to buy from others.

If you are looking to buy or sell anything check here Swap Meet

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Hmm...supply and demand maybe?

But I have a funny feeling that once the cities have merged...prices will go down once everyone from the production cities start flooding the market.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

I am really wondering about prices which have changed lately.

cats and dogs have a retail price of 55k and 83k now. how should people ever can afford a pet with such prices. still with 61% discount in a store they are futuristic with the payouts at jobs

my question is, why do prices go up this way. there must be a reason for ea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this system is dumb. What I can buy for $100 this minute an hour later is up to $150.

G

Ok I have to get in on this one. Pricing is getting out of hand as we are all seeing. The supply and demand economy they want to set up is broken in so many ways. They are raising the cost of everything yet payouts remain the same. How can they expect anyone to be able to do anything when it will take us weeks if not months to be able to save up for stuff? And I am not even talking about the crafting tables. Everything is out of hand. I wonder if anyone at the dev team is looking into this

N

NightFlyer

..."They are raising the cost of everything yet payouts remain the same. How can they expect anyone to be able to do anything when it will take us weeks if not months to be able to save up for stuff? "...

ATMs.

This is exactly what they want.

G

ATM's: I hate those things. We exchanged e-bay sales of simoleans for ATM sales to EA.

N

NightFlyer

I agree with you. I will never use them.

But this is what EA is hanging all thier hopes on for EA Land.

I'm waiting for all the happy happy sims to tell us "you MUST use them to save the GAME! Poor broke EA!! Think of the CHILDREN! errrmmmm the Suffering Company!!!11!! They will shut us DOWWWWWWN without our help!!111!!!!"

Flame away, I got my fire suit.

G

I would say the same thing but surely they do not expect us to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 bucks for 1 item. Thats unrealistic. Im not sure what the motives are but i find it hard to believe they raised the table that high in hopes we will pay real dollars for it.

G

If they did think that... boy are they wrong. Well, wrong for most of us. There are some out there who will do whatever it takes to have everything again. It's not right but what can we do about it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I would say the same thing but surely they do not expect us to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 bucks for 1 item. Thats unrealistic. Im not sure what the motives are but i find it hard to believe they raised the table that high in hopes we will pay real dollars for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly! They know damn well nobody will.
So, that means there is another reason.
Maybe it's something to do with the anti-botting campaign.
Maybe it's a bug.
Maybe it's some kind of unexpected modification that rode in with one of the merges.

Whatever it is - they WILL fix it - eventually.
They know prices are outrageous compared to payouts.
They know ppl are pissed.

It's the "eventually" part that bothers me.

OTOH - they are a tad busy at the mo, what with the merges and all.

G

I do believe this will be fixed eventually. I would like to see something showing that the dev see the problem and will work on it soon. As of this moment, I haven't seen anything stating they do see the issue.

G

as a note to this, even if all the pets are a million bucks and pizza machines cost your first born, there are a lot of stores that have these machines cheaper than you could even get them before, sometimes pennies on the dollar, so noone should be shelling out 150k for a table at this point. furthermore, individual resale of the items as people change categories, etc, is going to increase thanks to our inability to get simoleans from selling back to the catalog so i honestly do not see this as being a huge prob. I have 3 of the tables sitting at my store and noone has bought them yet at 5k and i have seen other stores carrying them, i am sure more than one person in the other cities stocked up on things so we should not have a huge issue initially.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do believe this will be fixed eventually. I would like to see something showing that the dev see the problem and will work on it soon. As of this moment, I haven't seen anything stating they do see the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because it's not broken.

People are coming in on the merges with a lot of items.

Therefore, it would be ideal to get your items from players, and not the catalog.

Perhaps the only thing they could do (and I dont know - this could already even be taken into account) is divide the new "retail price" by all the new number of sims coming in, making it more reasonable. But then again, that could already be taken into account.

G

<blockquote><hr>

another thing is craft tables are now up to 154k !!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.... the other day I bought 5 of them for 500$ each.

Now, if I can sell them for 150k each.......... damn! I could afford a fountain!

j/k

not really

R

Roger Wilco

Payouts can't go much lower than they are. That only leaves them one option, raise prices.

If you think they're high now, wait a few weeks.

V

vapd3317

LOL Donavan...tell ya what buddy,...got a large fountain ya can have for 500 simoleons. Two if ya want em
. Will even throw in a foot massager for free.

G

I too 'stocked' my sims up that came over on the train.

I have in my sims bio that I am selling 'imported items' (therefore I can sell at cheap prices as in theory anything I got for them is a bonus) all with 20% wear, (the same as all other shops) so far I've sold,

1 dishwasher $90
2 3 seat dervish divans @ $280
1 pool table $156

WOOOOOT I'm rich

But go into any of the top 10 stores and see sims buying things for crazy prices
I've had about 10 visitors max in the last week - I'm honestly getting to the stage where I feel like deleting the whole lot of it

G

If prices were being set to help unload the imported stuff then why have the property prices gone through the roof. Prices are being set so high in an attempt to clear the access simoleans in the game. They have to do this to be able to introduce the buyback. The only control they have over access simoleans is to raise prices the way they are. It's crazy, out of control and unrealistic to think that someone will pay over $1000 real for an island. The new game has not established itself anywhere near well enough to expect people to pay the sort of prices they charge in SL. The longer this goes on the more convinced I am that these guys have no idea of what they are doing as far as the economy goes.

G

Perhaps it has something to do with how many size 8 lots are allready in existence. Really they want us to buy lots from each other, eventually people will start to sell lots, thats why we have secure deed trading. You dont think they put that in just to stop scammers do you? Also as we said in another thread as players move to other properties the abandoned lot is at a much lower price, it just takes the effort to scan the landscapes to find what you want. I cant get into game, but how are the land prices for smaller merged cities?

Also 2nd hand stores were very popular in TC3. When I closed a couple of my accts I opened a store for a couple days and sold everything they owned cheap. Sold it fast too. I was no where near the top 10 either and I was totally AFK lol. As people change merged/moved items for CC they will want to sell to 2nd hand stores, I'm sure were not far from the day when the old catalog items are a thing of the past for the most part, except items that cant be made with CC. Shop around and see whats out there, yesterday I saw a comment that someone was selling unopened pets for $150. We have to get past the instant gratification mind set.

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Niki, checked land prices in JP...runs around 9.7k to 9.8k for inland, 35k for 2 sided water, and too darn much for 3 sides peninsulas...78k. In MF....is exactly the same as JP...

G

im betting the cheerleaders have the pom poms warmed up already they getting the cheer all set up " save ealand save ealand save ealand"

I

imported_CherryBomb

Ya, economy is all messed up. They should call in some experts from the US Federal Reserve! Oh, wait, maybe not.

CherryBomb

G

Interesting. I'd like to see a time when each map sector has its own dynamic land prices. More populated sections should have higher lot prices, living in less populated areas should be cheaper unless it becomes more populated. I'll have to think this over and write up a wiki article.

G

That would be an interesting idea. When looking at the livable surface of EA-Land can we also take into consideration the spaces "outside" of the city boxes? That could add more buyable properties for the sims to acquire and more lower the prices because more lots would be available.

G

I love the idea Niki! It would add a lot more depth to the real estate game, in my opinion.

G

GregK

Cool.

As it happens I've been brainstorming some land price simulations. Would love to collaborate on the wiki.

Thanks
gk

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cool.

As it happens I've been brainstorming some land price simulations. Would love to collaborate on the wiki.

Thanks
gk

[/ QUOTE ]This is awesome news; but, the one element that would lend more realism to the kind of land price dynamics being talked about is presently missing: Unique city/suburb names for each of the populatable squares within EA-Land. Would you guys consider giving each one a unique name (perhaps the names of the former cities they once represented) that would be visible in the low-level "suburb" view?