• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wonderfull Orc Mine Event.

D

dielock

:bored::bored:WTF was that? We went and mined up special shadow for our EM in the Orc mines.
All was going well when a few of us noticed we were alone. No one gave us a message to leave. I got killed trying to run out because we could not recall or the shadow we mined would lose it's special properties.

I got myself rezzed and our EM disappeared. He showed up and we all went to Brit Bank where he disappeared again. Only this time he never came back.

It left the event without a finish and everyone confused.

I hope it was because he lost connection, if not I hope he explains himself to us.:bored::bored:

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well from what i saw, he ran around yelling lets move out..then we followed to the entrance, then back, then around and then back till he finally told us he lost the pack llama, we couldnt find the llama..we then left and stood around outside the entrance for a few moments! then got attacked by DigDug! lmao, paragon colored orc brute named Dig Dug! lmao...so we killed that, then Casca showed up pancakes about how this was his land! because he is *king* and the ore that ya'll mined up belonged to him because everything in the land does and he was going to confiscate it, dont know what was said after that, went to brit and chased the EM down the road and he vanished and that was the end of that....

D

dielock

I missed all that trying to get rezzed. Had to use my help option to get the rez in town and get my beetle back. By the time i got back to where everyone was the EM came and went. That is when we all went to Brit.
He never came to our part of the mine yelling lets go. I never saw it anyways.
Oh well, I hope the next event is a little better organized. I hope there were lessons learned.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, it was beyond anti-climatic. I am not one to be overly critical, especially of a new EM ... but the end just kinda ... fizzled.

R

Richard Pryor

Personally, I think events like these are great because we are all left with a great sense of WTF and there's nothing better than that.

M

Millie

I think the event was Ok., It is a new EM and he is still working out the bugs.
I also just happen to look around and see many people had gone. Maybe we needed a crier on a horse that ran around and let everyone know to head out. That may of helped. I think it is inserting that he left the way he did. (Poof) lol Maybe his whole intent was to slip away with the ore for some unknown mission.

R

Richard Pryor

Someone did touch my butt, but there definitely wasn't any insertion going on.

Kahlan Rahl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guild went to this event with miners and protectors. I had as many bars up as I could hold non-guildies alike. None of mine died and in defense of the EMs They tried but you know as well as I do that not everyone is paying attention to what the EMs are saying (They are to busy trying to be funny and talk over them),(but in defense of us this one wasnt bad as far as mouthyness), I hung back and went around (to the back and side rooms) and tried to tell ppl it was time to leave not once but three times. I was going to help them get out and on the third attempt I started thinking, "do these ppl speak english?" Im sorry that you died and no one rezed you. I truly did not see any ghosties at all. I would hope they could give the Ems the ablilty to send a shard message out, something, so all could see. Im sure there is a way, but this is a learning process for them as well as us. Imagin being in a room with 50 preschoolers in RL all wanting attention at the same time...lol If you do not have kids then you wont understand what is going through someones mind at a time like this... I thank the EMs for at least trying. We had a great time! :)

W

walletinspector

I had high expectations for the mining event. It was a nice turn out. Unfortunately the event itself was somewhat of a disappointment. I enjoyed mining for the ore and fighting the spawn. I didn't think it was a well organized event. But I wonder if that had something to do with players that were underminding the event. There was a player there casting invisibility on the pack llama and her friend was blocking the llama from following the EM as he was trying to lead us out of the mining cave. And then there were players that either stood on top of the EM or spoke over him so it would be hard for others to see the EM or read what the EM was typing. The sad part is that this seems to happen with every event.

Perhaps proper etiquette needs to be discussed prior to such events. The EMs probably feel like they are babysitting a bunch of children.

H

Hooli Gan

Well I showed up late.Was all ready to go on time then had some company pop in right as the gates were being opened to the Orc dungeon.I showed back up in time to see everyone outside of the orc cave.Then a big Paragon Orc brute spawned so I joined in killing the mofo.After it fell i quickly opened its corpse to find a mysterious weapon inside.A Vanq Hammer was my prize.From what i can tell its the only one that was dropped.So I guess i am in debt to all of napa for helping mine the ore to help make my new shiny wep.

Not sure what ill do with it might sell it ,keep it,give it to the museuem?

Just wanted to thank all the miners that showed up for your hard work for me it is mucho apppreciated.

L

Lost-Soul

You should just toss the vanq hammer in the trash...it is worthless.

H

Hooli Gan

well considering they just started dropping again.I am inclined to believe that they might again be worth some value here in the near future.

Thanks for the advice but i dont think ill be tossing it away just yet .....

P.s its not like the old vanq weps its neon with other new mods on it.

Otis just sent me the link for a screenie prog so ill try and get a pic up

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
vanq, mystic and power weapons are the only known weapons that get past the *shields* on the Bezerkers, so if they have good stats!, i would definitly hold onto them, i doubt we have seen the last of them.

zared of napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the event was not as i had wished it to be...however I can't be real critical of the New EM's they are trying to show love to us napa Noobs.Barring that we can all show support for the EM's

Instead of complaining about said events we can e-mail ideas suggestions to them.Respect each other.No spamming spells,rez our dead up asap.Kill casca lol

M

MorganaLeFey

:bored::bored:WTF was that? We went and mined up special shadow for our EM in the Orc mines.
All was going well when a few of us noticed we were alone. No one gave us a message to leave. I got killed trying to run out because we could not recall or the shadow we mined would lose it's special properties.

I got myself rezzed and our EM disappeared. He showed up and we all went to Brit Bank where he disappeared again. Only this time he never came back.

It left the event without a finish and everyone confused.

I hope it was because he lost connection, if not I hope he explains himself to us.:bored::bored:
Hmmm, so I wasn't the only one left hanging. I could not get out or anything having been killed (my firebug too). Had to use the stuck button and lost my bug in the process.

I wondered.... this is pro'ly what an an incomplete sex act feels like. LOL

Comic Book Guy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the event was Ok., It is a new EM and he is still working out the bugs.
I also just happen to look around and see many people had gone. Maybe we needed a crier on a horse that ran around and let everyone know to head out. That may of helped. I think it is inserting that he left the way he did. (Poof) lol Maybe his whole intent was to slip away with the ore for some unknown mission.

It's the EM. He just doesn't like you, just like Theowulf didn't like you.