• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wonder if this would cause a drain increase.....

G

Hubby and I were talking last night about the game. He doesn't post here, but said I should pose this idea/question and see if anybody else thought there was logic to it.

The sim economy's growth is very stunted, damn near to the point of atrophy, and while talking about it hubby had this thought outloud.

There are *alot* of homeless sims, some by choice, and others because of the cost of real estate. Hubby's train of logic was that if they lowered the cost of a plot of land by one-third to 50%, but left every single thing the same, he seemed to think this might stimulate some of the drains in the game, because sims would then have land to build on, need furniture, skill objects or moneymaking objects if they were that kind of property, be using the NPCs for services, be spending money filling buffets and fridges, etc., whereas now, people seem basically to be stockpiling trying to afford everything at once, because the land alone costs exhorbitant amounts of money compared to what sims are used to paying, while the price of objects is basically normal to how things used to be, it's payouts that has changed. So, he thinks that EA should lower the cost of land, and see if that will stimulate the growth of the economy by people having to fill their houses, like he thinks it would. It might work, it might not.....we just wanted to get your opinion, and to see if Lee, Greg or Pari might comment themselves as to why land is so expensive, and see if they might see it differently now.

N

NightFlyer

Just a quick thought on this...

Whether land costs $5000 or $15,000 if you only have $2000 you're not buying any.

I don't suppose it would hurt to lower land prices as this may motivate some to buy now rather than later.

A side note: I see no advantage for free account players to even consider purchasing land in EA Land. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The only reason I've found for free accounts to buy land is so they can set up a residence lot and revive me when I die in factory to collect my tips

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Hubby and I were talking last night about the game. He doesn't post here, but said I should pose this idea/question and see if anybody else thought there was logic to it.

The sim economy's growth is very stunted, damn near to the point of atrophy, and while talking about it hubby had this thought outloud.

There are *alot* of homeless sims, some by choice, and others because of the cost of real estate. Hubby's train of logic was that if they lowered the cost of a plot of land by one-third to 50%, but left every single thing the same, he seemed to think this might stimulate some of the drains in the game, because sims would then have land to build on, need furniture, skill objects or moneymaking objects if they were that kind of property, be using the NPCs for services, be spending money filling buffets and fridges, etc., whereas now, people seem basically to be stockpiling trying to afford everything at once, because the land alone costs exhorbitant amounts of money compared to what sims are used to paying, while the price of objects is basically normal to how things used to be, it's payouts that has changed. So, he thinks that EA should lower the cost of land, and see if that will stimulate the growth of the economy by people having to fill their houses, like he thinks it would. It might work, it might not.....we just wanted to get your opinion, and to see if Lee, Greg or Pari might comment themselves as to why land is so expensive, and see if they might see it differently now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still hoping that after all the merges are complete and all maps are available for building there will be a big land rush type of sale.

D

DGLita

I dont think lowering the cost of land will have much effect, if you play the game you are either a roomie or you are an owner. Homeless sims tend to be alts used as cash cows.

Land isnt that expensive in any case, you can buy a lot for less than 10k, and you can earn that in a couple days if you put your mind to it.

Also the cost of land itself is a drain

G

<blockquote><hr>

The only reason I've found for free accounts to buy land is so they can set up a residence lot and revive me when I die in factory to collect my tips

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!
Gracie, you have so much empathy for the people![poke]
LMAO

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm still hoping that after all the merges are complete and all maps are available for building there will be a big land rush type of sale.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's what I am hoping for:

After the merges are complete and verified - I would like to see them (the devs) take a minimum of 2 days off (three would be better). In that time, they should go out and get drunk, get lai..... uh... enjoy some... interpersonal activities... and just lay back and FORGET EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME. Clear the cobwebs, shake off the frustration, etc.
Then - all fresh and squeaky clean, come back, roll up their sleeves and LIGHT THIS CANDLE!!!

(ok - blatant plagarism from The Right Stuff - but wth, it fits here too - sorta.)

Nobody does their best work when they are worn down to the nub.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A side note: I see no advantage for free account players to even consider purchasing land in EA Land. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in Secondlife "free" accounts don't own land and pay subscribers do own land. I like, seeing free account not owning land for a change.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's what I am hoping for:

After the merges are complete and verified - I would like to see them (the devs) take a minimum of 2 days off (three would be better). In that time, they should go out and get drunk, get lai..... uh... enjoy some... interpersonal activities... and just lay back and FORGET EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME. Clear the cobwebs, shake off the frustration, etc.
Then - all fresh and squeaky clean, come back, roll up their sleeves and LIGHT THIS CANDLE!!!

(ok - blatant plagarism from The Right Stuff - but wth, it fits here too - sorta.)

Nobody does their best work when they are worn down to the nub.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN! I totally agree. Once we are past this deadline date and things are safe, at least for a while I think all of them, except *maybe* one so somebody can be around if a castastrophe in game proportions happens, should take a week off, and then when they get back that one that stayed ICOE should get 2 weeks off for working alone for that week while thinking about everybody else and their......leis *giggles at Donavan*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in Secondlife "free" accounts don't own land and pay subscribers do own land. I like, seeing free account not owning land for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

True....although I guess there's another reason a free account holder would own land, so they can make it a residence lot and have a hangout place for themselves and their paid subscriber friends to just socialize with each other, without taking up room in another residence lot, since they see so many premium players post that they are annoyed at the multitudes of free accounts gobbling up food and such. This way, they can socialize and if they don't have money their paid subscription friends can chip in for food that the eat while they are there, and help them out extra if they want to
. I don't imagine a size 0 lot would be comfortable for many people, but I'd think a group of 2-4 at least could 'party' this way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes!!! I think we should all go to the ATM's and make a donation to help pay for a vacation for all the developers.

N

NightFlyer

Yes donate much and often! After all they don't draw a salary or anything.