• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

With all the talk in UOhall...

F

five oclock

Im sure everyone has heard or read about much of the talk in uohall about EA games and the layoffs they have had to do.

My question is this. Really simple. Do we still have an EM for this shard?

It don't matter if they were paid or not or what ever the reason. Im just curious if our EM is still around and setting up ways to kill us more :D or has gone off into the sunset?

With my fish no less.

Thanks.

L

Lady Mana

The EMs are still around. They're low-cost to the company, so I think they're doing more good than harm. According to others, it seems the massive exodus was timed with EA's quarterly report. Being as an EM's contract can be terminated at any given time, chances are they weren't too pressured to make that decision.

It's odd, because people tend to turn to escapism during times of economic crisis, so they say the entertainment industry is one of those which suffers the least. Regardless, hope they don't decide to turn on the EM program next.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This game is cheap entertainment on a relative scale. 15$-45$ a month(myself its $30) for a good number of hours is well worth it IMO. I'd be much happier paying this than seeing one half of a movie with the family. Last week we took the muchkin to see Cloudy with a chance of meatballs(which was very good) and if it was less than $70 for the three of us I'd be shocked.

Bummer about these people losing jobs its not good. Little people who's parents are out of work, morgtages to be paid and life's to be ran will all be a bit harder. I hope they land on their feet but when you have thousands of people with similar skills hitting the market at once its hard to be hopeful.