• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Windows secuity updates bugged

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Lord Drakelord

Today I received updates from windows and when I downloaded and restarted I was blocked on my UOA and UO patch, turning off the firewalls did nothing I was still blocked as was my internet exp, I could not read the forums here at all.

I went into the control panel and look at the last updates I got today and saw one for security and remove it, [clicking on the uninstall] and now I am able to patch and also read the forums.

So check your last updates and look to see if there was a security update for windows, this is for Vista by the way not XP.

This is what I saw after I updated;

After removing that windows Security update that I got today I can now read the forums and also play the game.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well after i read this i went and patched all my stuff. i did not experience this.
All worked well for me.
Sorry that happen.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are referring to MS08-067 (KB958644), it's not a bug with the patch. I've pushed out for over 1,000 XP machines and around 200 Vista machines and I've had no problems reported.

This hotfix patches a particularly nasty vulnerability that is wormable. There's sample code available on the internet and some threats have been seen lurking out there. You should reapply it if this is the hotfix you removed.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Lord Drakelord,
Today I received updates from windows and when I downloaded and restarted I was blocked on my UOA and UO patch, turning off the firewalls did nothing I was still blocked as was my internet exp, I could not read the forums here at all.

I went into the control panel and look at the last updates I got today and saw one for security and remove it, [clicking on the uninstall] and now I am able to patch and also read the forums.

So check your last updates and look to see if there was a security update for windows, this is for Vista by the way not XP.

After removing that windows Security update that I got today I can now read the forums and also play the game.
Before reapplying those patches... do some system maintenance just for drill. AV/AS security updates & scans. CHKDSK. Disk Cleanup. Disk Defragmenter. Reboot (to set another restore point again). Then try Windows/Microsoft Update again.

If you are referring to MS08-067 (KB958644), it's not a bug with the patch. I've pushed out for over 1,000 XP machines and around 200 Vista machines and I've had no problems reported.

This hotfix patches a particularly nasty vulnerability that is wormable. There's sample code available on the internet and some threats have been seen lurking out there. You should reapply it if this is the hotfix you removed.
Ditto. None of my clients have had issues with the latest patches either. Might be something specific to your PC Drakelord, doesn't hurt to run some maintenance just in case.

In the last 2 weeks on UOToolbar.org, I posted 3 notices about Windows patches... just to keep players aware.