• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Win a [blessed] Crimson! [blessed] Kasa, or Legacy Token!

E

Eslake

After much consideration (and not enough booze), Branwyn and I settled on the championship prizes for the Battle of Beaks now slated for the 1st of November.

We came up with the following 3 items.

Because of the varied nature of the items, the 1st place winner will be given their Choice among them. The 2nd place winner will be allowed to pick from the remaining 2. And of course, the 3rd place winner gets the item that is left.
Even if you your chicken doesn't win 1st place, you may very well still end up with the item you wanted. ;)

There will also be prizes given out to the audience for trivia and other bits of fun throughout the event.

How To Participate
1 - Have a chicken
2 - Be unguilded and Blue (Trammel after all)
3 - Be available.
The event is on Saturday, the first of November. The estimated time is 8pm central, but for the next few days input from those of you who wish to participate could sway that time a bit either way.

The location will be familiar to those who attend the Monday meet-ups, as it is the Maze house. Gates will be provided from Skara and other locations as the time of the event comes close.

Anyone can tame a chicken, and bond with it. There are no skill requirements - no entry fees, or any other restrictions on who can particpate other than the 3 listed above.
(taming skill or items certainly help in taming and bonding though)

The Rules
Those who do not bring chickens will be sent on up to the observation area for games, drinks, and assorted noisemaking.

Those with chickens to enter will be taken to a waiting area when they arrive, where their chickens will be Lored (to match them up as equally as possible) and the owners will be guilded.

As entrants are called in pairs, they will bring their chickens to the arena to fight to the death.
The Chickens Fight, Not The Owners!
You may not buff, bard, curse, heal, or in any other way interfere with the chickens. Doing so will result in an immediate disqualification.

If your chicken wins, you will then be allowed to heal it, but nothing more. It will then return to the waiting area until your next round.

If your chicken loses, you will be removed from the guild, and asked to leave the waiting area (to avoid confusion) and move to the observation area.

Spammers, griefers and other troublemakers will be booted. Warnings may or may not be issued depending on the severity of your disruption, and keep in mind that I never clear my ban list. ;)

Big prizes.
Big fun.
Lots of Gambling and Alcohol.
(I'm still looking for NPC strippers)

I hope to see Everyone there. :)

E

Eslake

:) The better you can train it the better your chances to win. :)

I forgot to mention in the rules, each entrant can only enter 1 chicken, so don't bring a whole flock. :mf_prop:

Also, since I have been asked by several people now ---

The Legacy Token is the one that lets you chose a Full Soulstone, Charger of the Fallen, or Hooded Shroud of Shadows.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bumps*
And a slight change. The fight is tonight folks. Here's the rules and prizes one more time!

L

Luna du Selene

Thanks to Eslake & Kariny for this fun event and congrats to the winners!
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader: