• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Willing to pay someone to figure out why i cant log in to UO?

Tye

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ea doesn't reply or help. so if somebody could figure out this mystery there will be a reward. I came back to UO one week ago. I could log in just fine to atlantic shard where I wanted to play it shows I have my accounts active on the official site I have 3 accounts. I cannot log in to ultima online without getting this same message everytime even if I leave the account name and password empty I get this message. we were unable to authenticate your login I wont keep goin on with the message they show. and weirdest thing is I can log into UO gamer shards from razor but when I try ea origin official shards where I want to play I get the same message over and over even leavin the account name and password blank im beyond stumped and baffled out of any clues of how this is possible. I BEG FOR HELP!

Armani Exchange

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Are you trying to connect through razor? If so you should try without, if not, did you try a reinstall of uo? Sometimes after playing free servers files get corrupted and messed up

Tye

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have tried with razor and without it....now ive taken razor off I have uninstalled and installed so many times. and even tried downloading uo on my friends pc and still same message. something is extremely off it does not maybe a lick of sense.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
People aren't allowed to use razor with UO, just so you know It's against the games rules. It also isn't allowed to be talked about on these forums because of that, so please stop mentioning it :)

For your problem though, it might be worth emailing Mesanna about it (the UO producer) her email is [email protected]

Tye

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok I wont use the R word. but anyway my hopes of ever playing UO again are goin down the drain which stinks because its my favorite game of all time. =(

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
that error message usually means your account name and/or password is wrong or your client is not patched to a working version.

if you are sure your account name & password are correct, check to make sure you have the most recent patch. on the first screen where you click 'play', in the lower left corner there is an option to perform a full file check. click the full file check option before you select play to make sure you have the most recent patch. (you should only have to do this once.)

CC: version 7.0.45.0
EC: publish 4.0.45.0

if none of this works for you, email Mesanna.

Tye

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well I checked and had it go to the latest patch I guess but it still gives me that same error. and how to I check the cc version number and ec publish ???? and I downloaded the client from uo.com but should I still be getin age of shadows log in stuff when I try to get to the sign in or does that not matter?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You most likely installed "on top" of the emulated UO files, and thus didn't get clean installs.
You have to do some file-fu and clean up your system. Because you had played emulated versions of UO, your UO files are confused.

Recommend uninstalling all UO versions from your machine, and manually checking your system for ghost files related to UO. Yes, manually go through your file system.

Then, reinstall from the official UO installs here: http://uo.com/Client-Download

Tye

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I deleted all the ea stuff I could find in files and redownloaded still same error. I even get that error on my friends computer I guess UO does not want me returning .

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Best bet is to contact [email protected]
@Kyronix helped someone who had similar file issues not too long ago. You may get lucky and get direct support from him.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you login are you adding this to the end of your user name when you try to log into the game _UO. I know players had to use that for account management for old accounts. But it is not needed to log into the game to play, also make sure caps are off.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The log in screen shows the version/publish
upload_2015-5-7_18-13-23.png

upload_2015-5-7_18-14-7.png

If you're patched, then your userid / password is wrong.

Tye

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My patch is right and my user id is right I have 3 accounts and they all give the same message . As I said I get that message even on a friends computer and I get the message without filling in anything in account name or password and just hitting enter that's how I kno something is not right.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get the message without filling in anything in account name or password and just hitting enter that's how I kno something is not right.
I also get the same message leaving it blank so this is not the issue.

Did
you check your pc for a keylogger?
you check to see if the passwords were changed?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My patch is right and my user id is right I have 3 accounts and they all give the same message . As I said I get that message even on a friends computer and I get the message without filling in anything in account name or password and just hitting enter that's how I kno something is not right.
Yeah, I get that same message if I don't enter my account name or password too. And it happens on every single computer I use. But when I key my account name and password correctly, I get logged in. If I miskey my account name, I get the same message you do. Or, if I key my password wrong, I get the same message you do. Have you tried changing your password?