• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will this work for doom?

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so been bored playin by myself *insert joke here* and figured since no real pvp going on when i play 10pm-3ish i figured might as well try out doom and see what i can get.

120 Fencing
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Healing
120 Parry

now here's where im undecided....currently i have 80 poisoning and 60 med
im guessing i should go chiv so i have EoO, Conc, Remove curse ect...or do you think putting 120 bush on is better?
Just let me know what u guys think, thanks!

T

Turdnugget

That would work. Or a sampire template.

You're going to be limited to the amount of good weapons for Doom with fencing though. Especially for the DF. A whirlwind weapon ftw.

Connor said it before. Tuck yourself in a corner, with the Conj. Trinket on you can whirlwind till your heart's content. Doing damage to the DF and mass damage to all his little minions.

Bushido is great for evasion/confidence + blocking + LS + momentum strike + counter attack + perfection.

Idealy a radiant scimitar with HLA/HLD/HSL/HML would be fabulous in Doom. Especially on the DF. That way you can whirlwind all those attacking you hitting them and lowering their defense/hit chance.

Doom can be done with the template you have though. Sampire is nice though as you can heal through mortal wound (which some bosses do) and poisons (in vampire form) and you're always leeching health. Chivalry is nice in case you need to cast a remove curse/cleanse by fire in dire emergencies.

It can be done though...but you'll have more issues with the DF.

Drop the med/poisoning (stone poisoning) poison pretty much sucks vs. any magical creature as they can cure it before it will help you any.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed :D only fencing whirlwind that i could think of is Darkened Sky which with 60 LIghning and 50 DI i figured would do some good damage. **** poor about no leeches, though i have some leafblades/forks/kryss's that are all good on leeches. so maybe stone poisoning and add the 80 chiv 2 that so i keep the med or i drop poison and med and pick up 120 bush (already stoned and ate scroll)

T

Turdnugget

You'll want to use a leaf blade w/leeches. Kryss/fork doesn't do nearly enough damage to make it uber effective damage wise. At least from what i've seen...

The only whirlwind special fencing weapon is a kama... hardly anyone crafts those and are really rare to find a good one in loot.

Just remember if you go w/bushido don't use a shield.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess i'll try the chiv route first...c how that goes. since i'll b solo'in most likely, get rid of that damn bleed and mortal. of course for any debuffs/necro spells i get hit with. i'll go in a corner with the darkened sky and just hit up my whirlwind on that then switch to leafblade. Thanks :D

T

Turdnugget

You're gonna need a weapon with leeches to survive the spawn of the DF though... otherwise they'll all eat you alive if you can't kill em fast enough.

C

Connor_Graham

I'd suggest you soulstone Fencing and work Swords up. For PvM, Swords has more options in weapon choices and specials for specific situations.

That said, I can't wait to try out my new Demon Slayer Twinkling Scimitar with mana leech to boot down in Doom. It should pretty much rip through the place.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well connor i do believe you know what your talkin bout ;) even though not looking forward to working up swords...i have 112 stoned currently, is that good enough to start down there? already ate a 120 swords.

C

Connor_Graham

That should be enough to get you going. If you really want to get it up to 120 quick the 2nd room in the Yamotsu Mines where the 2 warriors spawn will have you at 120 in a couple of hours if not less.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
perfect, will head there tonight before doom...thnx for the input guys really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nother quick ?...i have a runeblade (i know crappy specials for down there) but its 48 ML, 46 LL, 48 Lightning, 42 Fire area, 10 SSI, 38DI...think u would tote it down there?

T

Turdnugget

Definately... HSL would be better if you were in vampire/wraith form... but ya. Great weapon + the hit area spell is nice. Only downfall is it being 2handed and not being able to chug in those tough situations and still have weaon in hand to hit/block.

If you had bushido/parry then that'd be great since you get a higher % blocking bonus for 2handers.

That'd be a good spawning weapon too, even though it doesn't have whirlwind.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are fine even as a chiv dexxer with fencing, than a sampire or any of the other "popular" builds. I ran a fencing chiv-dexxer for years down in Doom. It is completely viable.

Swords is more well-rounded like Connor said, but in order to have fencing properly work you would need to have your own smith...REALLY. By having had my own smith first, I could smith any weapon I would need for EACH particular situation.

I say each since with fencing you ARE more limited...as has been mentioned. You still can use UBWS weapons though. If you go bushido...you won't be able to. Which is why, chances are then you would want to be a swordsman.

Truth be told, I recommend having 120 in all 3 weapon skills. Still not having any chivalry at all isn't a great idea.

120's in every skill possible isn't always the cat's meow. If you do go Samurai 侍, I recommend making your build with these 3 skills as a starter: 120 weapon, 120 parry and 120 bushido. Adjust EVERYTHING else off of these 3 skills.

H

Hopeful

I have asperations for soloing the DF myself. I also play odd hours making it tuff to team up with plp. With my current template do I have a chance? I have NP killing myself trying.
I am the following... (naked)
110 swds - dont have a 120 scroll yet
110 tactics - capped
110 anatomy - capped
100 healing -110 cap
100 resisit -115 cap
100 parry -capped
80 chiv
a 710 cap on 24 mon account
120 dex 110 strength 20 mana
I am human. I will stay human.(thoughts?)
Knight of honor and sacrafice (any help using these accordingly is appreciated)
My suit is 96 total Reflect Physical damage w/sheild 67/70/70/70/69 reisists
MR 5 SR 6 w/other mods
totem of void tally
Im hoping to do this with mostly GM armor and weps ...... If youre done laughing.... please give me your best shot. Thanks.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have asperations for soloing the DF myself. I also play odd hours making it tuff to team up with plp. With my current template do I have a chance? I have NP killing myself trying.
I am the following... (naked)
110 swds - dont have a 120 scroll yet
110 tactics - capped
110 anatomy - capped
100 healing -110 cap
100 resisit -115 cap
100 parry -capped
80 chiv
a 710 cap on 24 mon account
120 dex 110 strength 20 mana
I am human. I will stay human.(thoughts?)
Knight of honor and sacrafice (any help using these accordingly is appreciated)
My suit is 96 total Reflect Physical damage w/sheild 67/70/70/70/69 reisists
MR 5 SR 6 w/other mods
totem of void tally
Im hoping to do this with mostly GM armor and weps ...... If youre done laughing.... please give me your best shot. Thanks.
Human is okay with a dexxer. I am rather impartial as far as the race factor. Can be effective either way. Sacrifice is just a self rez feature you can do. Seeker = 1 time in a week, Follower = 2 times in a week and Knight of sacrifice you can self-rez 3 times in a week. You will have to wait till the following week when it resets in order to use them again. Which of course means working your fame off since you will drop back down to Follower after using the virtue the previous week.

Knight of honor...just set a macro for use virtue. Put it some place easy to use by your hot key.

GM armor and weapons can vary GREATLY...so you would have to give the readers an idea of pieces + stats that you plan to have. That said, you really are gonna need some DCI and HCI as a dexxer down there.

Stats themselves I'm no master at. I will leave that to someone else. It will basically matter what stats your armor has on them and then adjusting your base stats from that.

As far as your scrolled skill stats...well I won't be harsh, but I can't sympathize with you in terms of using 110's...especially only GM parry.

I have played a chiv-dexxer for a LONG time and I would have to say it would do you a lot of good to raise your parry...as HIGH as you can get it. 110 is relatively simple and 115 is a little more work. I do have sympathy since 120 scrolls aren't always easy to come by depending on your shard and your own resources.

My opinion is, adjust your other skills to somehow work in 115 weapon and 115 parry. It really is the barebone minimum to survive in Doom, let alone do WELL. Additionally 80 chivalry is a bit too high. 75 is as high as you should really have it, then again I run with even less and have never had any trouble in Doom...let alone else where.

Last but not least, you will need mana/stamina leech weapons, coupled with an o.k. to descent demon and undead slayer.

Even if you did carry bushido, I would still basically say the same thing as far as weaponry goes. As far as not having bushido, I would not worry about using honor. It won't do you much good. I will save all the details to someone else if they wish to explain as I've explained the concept many times. A fine summary about honor and bushido is explained under the Samurai 侍 FAQ which I pasted below:

http://boards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=44220